Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is the xp from 50-60 nerfed?

I honsetly can't be arsed to use such a long time leveling from 50-60. Its just a pain for me and i don't like it what so ever.
    I haven't played since launch of SL and was wondering if it was nerfed or not.
    Thanks

No and it probably won't be either because it's pretty fast already.

Well given the amount of elistist who jumped ship on Rift the fist moment the word nerf was used when it came to experts I SERIOUSLY would not even remotely get your hopes up. Just do onslaughts and volunteer for hunt rifts. TO be honest focus on end game when you are 50. Start gathering infinity stones. I took my mage from 50-60 doing Carnage, Onslaughts, and some Hunt Rifts.

My warrior does not have a self heal, so i did mainly hunt rifts. They are like 250k experience per Great Hunt. When I hit 60 I had like 500 infinity stones from doing hunt rifts and zone events and got a tank set the second I hit 60 to run experts with. Also DO THE lvl 60 zone events. madddd xp. Run to Ashora and Steppes of Infinity and unlock the ports.

Well, there was a 20% increase in XP gain from X-mas to New Years, or thereabouts, but that's over now. That was about the most of a nerf you were ever gonna get.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    So to clarify, this is an example of gross embellishment.

To comment, I don't think they should nerf it either. While some hardcore players might disagree, and disregarding fishing bots, this game still captures the feeling of having to earn what you get. You need to be out in the world, doing things, making progress. You can't skip raid tiers, you can't cheese your leveling, you just get it done.

It's honestly brutal when you hit SL content. It's not for everyone. I thought Mists felt steep, but this is no comparison. Other than Serratos, which is a damned nightmare, the zones are designed well and the quest flow + carnage works really well. I don't mind putting in that effort and taking my time to get to the beginning of the end.

But by no means is it fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    So to clarify, this is an example of gross embellishment.

To comment, I don't think they should nerf it either. While some hardcore players might disagree, and disregarding fishing bots, this game still captures the feeling of having to earn what you get. You need to be out in the world, doing things, making progress. You can't skip raid tiers, you can't cheese your leveling, you just get it done.

It's honestly brutal when you hit SL content. It's not for everyone. I thought Mists felt steep, but this is no comparison. Other than Serratos, which is a damned nightmare, the zones are designed well and the quest flow + carnage works really well. I don't mind putting in that effort and taking my time to get to the beginning of the end.

But by no means is it fast.
    You do realize there were 60's 48 hours after launch right? I myself was 60 by the Saturday after the Tuesday release. That's pretty damn fast. It could have been 20% shorter if done during the bonus time, or after the XP vials were fixed(yes, the first couple weeks they actually caused you to gain less XP). That's fast.

Leveling does take 4ever.....but....i am ok with it. WHAT I AM NOT OK WITH (SEE BELOW)

fishing bots

It blows my mind that Trion has made such a wonderfull game and "allows" these dang fishing BoTs to ruin the fishing / AH in this game....really makes me sick. I enjoy fishing in the game. And after leveling it to almost 375 I have discovered....it was just a waste. AH is crap due to BoTs, hell I have people in guild that make fishing BoTs to farm rep and sell fish on the AH as well. I have reported every single BoT I have ran across, which kinda helps, but there is still a BIG problem with fishing BoTs
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    You do realize there were 60's 48 hours after launch right? I myself was 60 by the Saturday after the Tuesday release. That's pretty damn fast. It could have been 20% shorter if done during the bonus time, or after the XP vials were fixed(yes, the first couple weeks they actually caused you to gain less XP). That's fast.
    You do realize that people reach max level in WoW the next day after an expansion right? Yet this is not indicative of the actual time it takes, at all. I'm not sure how an outlying anecdotal experience should account for what other players actually perceive the leveling experience to be. I can ask 100 people if they felt it took a long time and the answer would be a resounding yes. The typical player will feel that this is a fairly lengthy experience.

Anyone who sits down and powers through leveling, whether by doing various activities outside of questing, playing many hours over short periods of time, or running with zerg groups, will say it didn't take any time. If you quest through the zones, the leveling is very slow. Not to mention fresh 50's with no raid gear...the initial zones are horrible until they have done enough quests with gear rewards to start managing kills better.

The point is that people like I quoted, stating that it is already too quick are not who the game is balanced around for leveling content. Any game that did that would find themselves with a mass exodus of people who got bored just trying to level their characters.

Edit:

I should reiterate that I like the pace and wouldn't want it changed, but as someone with a lot of years of leveling I can admit that this is pretty long as a comparitive experience.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-01-09 at 04:13 PM.

The people who are power leveling by standing next to onslaughts in ashora by the hundreds are borderline exploiting.
    You weren't suppose to be able to afk several levels an hour.
    Most people aren't doing that. It just seems like most people are because there's so many people in a single place at once.
    Also, those tend to be peoples alts.

Getting to 60, the real way, is a long and rewarding march.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

You do realize that people reach max level in WoW the next day after an expansion right? Yet this is not indicative of the actual time it takes, at all. I'm not sure how an outlying anecdotal experience should account for what other players actually perceive the leveling experience to be. I can ask 100 people if they felt it took a long time and the answer would be a resounding yes. The typical player will feel that this is a fairly lengthy experience.

Anyone who sits down and powers through leveling, whether by doing various activities outside of questing, playing many hours over short periods of time, or running with zerg groups, will say it didn't take any time. If you quest through the zones, the leveling is very slow. Not to mention fresh 50's with no raid gear...the initial zones are horrible until they have done enough quests with gear rewards to start managing kills better.

The point is that people like I quoted, stating that it is already too quick are not who the game is balanced around for leveling content. Any game that did that would find themselves with a mass exodus of people who got bored just trying to level their characters.

Edit:

I should reiterate that I like the pace and wouldn't want it changed, but as someone with a lot of years of leveling I can admit that this is pretty long as a comparitive experience.
    \

Umm, no, because I leveled in that short amount of time via questing and only questing, not taking part in any of the other activities until all questing was done. I also have years of leveling experience having played EQ, FFXI, WoW, Warhammer, Aion, Auto Assault, SWTOR, I'm sure there are more I am failing to remember at the moment too. Compared to games like FFXI and Aion, leveling is a breeze and too fast. That is his and others opinion and it is not wrong as you are saying it is. After all, it is an opinion and therefore cannot be wrong.

That said, I also like the pace and would not like to see it changed, but especially when you consider the 20% increase in XP and XP vials working properly now, it's very fast compared to other games out there, not necessarily western games, or games that you have played, but it is still very fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    That said, I also like the pace and would not like to see it changed, but especially when you consider the 20% increase in XP and XP vials working properly now, it's very fast compared to other games out there, not necessarily western games, or games that you have played, but it is still very fast.
    But see here's the rub...that's just your opinion. And you know that. My point is that the majority of the players of this game won't share your same opinion. Just like the majority of people don't raid, or do half the things other people do. It's just how these things work.

I can compare how you leveled with how I leveled in Mists. I have played that game for a long time, know the deal, need to be max pronto. I slam out quests and a couple of days later I'm done. I could do the same with a fresh character in that game for the same reasons. To me it feels very fast. I am not an indication of how 90% of other people experience the game.

In Rift, I can be more comparable to the average player. Even with a more profound knowledge of how these things work, I still take a little bit of time to look at something. I debate on things internally instead of innately doing something. I'm sure they have metrics that could show you this player distinction, but unfortunately we don't have those publicly available.

It's fine that you have that opinion, but I'm trying to speak in a generalization for the game which is much different than your experience. My initial post should have preferenced that it was 'my opinion', but yeah.

It was everything that was the opposite of fast for me. Felt like it took for-freaking-ever. I really hope they cut it down, because it's the least interesting/impressive part of the expansion IMO, and it sorta holding me back from leveling up my mage, despite my desire to be an OP cloro healer and hit things with a scythe.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    It was everything that was the opposite of fast for me. Felt like it took for-freaking-ever. I really hope they cut it down, because it's the least interesting/impressive part of the expansion IMO, and it sorta holding me back from leveling up my mage, despite my desire to be an OP cloro healer and hit things with a scythe.
    Now the alt part I agree with. Perhaps there should be something you get along with the level 60 achievement that is like the trinket you get when starting with ascend-a-friend that give incresed XP gain, but last through 60 instead of 20 and is BoA. This way, once you get a 60, you can level an alt faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now the alt part I agree with. Perhaps there should be something you get along with the level 60 achievement that is like the trinket you get when starting with ascend-a-friend that give incresed XP gain, but last through 60 instead of 20 and is BoA. This way, once you get a 60, you can level an alt faster.
    Great idea. I really can't wait to start leveling a rogue for some huntery bardy action after I've seen some things on my mage, but I am definitely dreading the long haul.

Something similar to EQ2's system would be great. EQ2 has an account buff (last I remember) that for every max level character you have, your alts get 10% experience. So with 3, you get 30% experience on all other characters.

Tossing something like a 10-20% experience boost per max level character (seeing as there are... I think 25 characters in EQ2 and only 4 callings in Rift) would be amazeballs.

I haven't played since launch of SL and was wondering if it was nerfed or not.
    It's not. Just 50-60 is a terribly slow and sluggish process. It is almost a complete opposite from original Rift, which was designed and touted by devs as having a fast & "accessible" leveling path.

Storm Legion leveling is hellish.

In original Rift one could reach max level in about 48 hours. By 60 hours or so, one could walk into nearly any raid in the game viably. For some reason Trion decided 10 additional levels needed to take almost triple the length of time from 1-50.

Storm Legion leveling was one of the most unpleasant aspects of the expansion for me. The slow 50-60 leveling and class redesigns have been major disappointments.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-01-09 at 06:12 PM.

But see here's the rub...that's just your opinion. And you know that. My point is that the majority of the players of this game won't share your same opinion. Just like the majority of people don't raid, or do half the things other people do. It's just how these things work.
    And that is just your opinion as well, it is your generalization versus his generalization so I do not see how yours automatically wins.

I feel like I am the typical player in Rift right now, I did not rush through leveling at all, I only did quests and some hunt rifts and I enjoyed the leveling, also heard similar experiences for people who did not rush.
    So if I were to generalize I would say it is the few people in the "instant-maxlevel-crowd" that thinks the leveling is too slow while the majority actually likes the leveling.

In total I probably spent ~35 hours from 50-60 (and that is while taking it slow and doing all the gathering etc.), I think that is a fair amount of time to spend for 10 levels and 10 zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Tossing something like a 10-20% experience boost per max level character (seeing as there are... I think 25 characters in EQ2 and only 4 callings in Rift) would be amazeballs.
    I'm not a wizard or anything, but I predict that the next expansion will add some sort of solution because they will:

1) Add at least 1 new calling and race
    2) Increase the cap by 10 again

You heard it here first.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 01:25 PM ----------

And that is just your opinion as well, it is your generalization versus his generalization so I do not see how yours automatically wins.
    I stated that it was my opinion. Do we need to like triple state when we make opinions now?

The reason my viewpoint is more reasonable is that we have a wealth of data from other MMOs over the last 8 years to know that this is the case. We haven't magically reached some gaming plateau where everyone is a high performer with an abundance of time to devote to games. It's just percentages. It's not really anything specific to this industry either.

Look at Facebook. Sure there are a bajillion registered users and the average number of posts/likes/whathaveyou are pretty insane. But if you boil that down to an average, the average user spends almost no time on it every day. It probably has a slightly deformed, but still recognizable bell curve. It's the nature of humanity and mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's not. Just 50-60 is a terribly slow and sluggish process. It is almost a complete opposite from original Rift, which was designed and touted by devs as having a fast & "accessible" leveling path.

Storm Legion leveling is hellish.

In original Rift one could reach max level in about 48 hours. By 60 hours or so, one could walk into nearly any raid in the game viably. For some reason Trion decided 10 additional levels needed to take almost triple the length of time from 1-50.

Storm Legion leveling was one of the most unpleasant aspects of the expansion for me. The slow 50-60 leveling and class redesigns have been major disappointments.
    Triple the time of 1-50? Talk about gross over-exaggeration. 50-60 takes about the same amount of time as 1-50.

Triple the time of 1-50? Talk about gross over-exaggeration. 50-60 takes about the same amount of time as 1-50.
    Nowadays? I'd say it takes at least twice as long. 1-50 is a breeze nowadays.

If you compare it to early Rift though, it might be a similar amount of time though.