Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Match.com IMs how to

Ok so a paid subscription is required to IM on match HOWEVER is it possible to receive an IM without a paid subscription? reason I ask is I told in my profile that if you do not have a full match subscription to wink at me and I will take care of the rest, I got a wink but it said that I could IM the person that winked at me. She has not said anything back to me on the IM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salaction160 View Post
    It's all fake.
    gee thanks. you win the interwebz.

Just don't waste your time on those websites.

+1000 more interwebz to you.

Deleted
    Think he caught your sentiment already, so give it a rest.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nerd......

Infracted: Please post constructively
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-01-09 at 12:10 PM.

Elysia's epic sig skillz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy029 View Post
    Ok so a paid subscription is required to IM on match HOWEVER is it possible to receive an IM without a paid subscription? reason I ask is I told in my profile that if you do not have a full match subscription to wink at me and I will take care of the rest, I got a wink but it said that I could IM the person that winked at me. She has not said anything back to me on the IM.
    Ignore the haters saying it is all fakes. I have two friends who both married people they met through online dating, and one currently in a steady relationship with a girl he met on match.com.

In regards to the IM's, I think you are unable to reply, or even view who the IM's are from without a paid subsciption. I am a member, and I know when I let my subscription drop off late last year, all of the IM's / emails changed from a picture of said person to a generic blank photo with the username set to "match user". That would probably be the issue here.

Suit yourself. Don't tell me I didn't warn you.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon-AN View Post
    Ignore the haters saying it is all fakes. I have two friends who both married people they met through online dating, and one currently in a steady relationship with a girl he met on match.com.

In regards to the IM's, I think you are unable to reply, or even view who the IM's are from without a paid subsciption. I am a member, and I know when I let my subscription drop off late last year, all of the IM's / emails changed from a picture of said person to a generic blank photo with the username set to "match user". That would probably be the issue here.
    Do you have a paid sub now? if not want to try it real quick? I can send you an IM and see if you get it.

Deleted
    Do you have a paid sub now? if not want to try it real quick? I can send you an IM and see if you get it.
    Unfortunately not, I may renew in a couple of weeks or so but over Christmas I needed to cut out "non-essential" things like this

Edit - What is with the double post ><

It's got nothing to do with being a hater. All those websites are only on to your money. There's entire programmes that put 10k+ fake profiles on those sites in no time. Of course there's real people on it, mostly men. I'm sure you could find someone there, as your examples proof. But those are the exceptions that confirm the rule that those websites are 99% fake. I'd say don't waste your time and money there and go out and meet actual real people outside.

Unfortunately not, I may renew in a couple of weeks or so but over Christmas I needed to cut out "non-essential" things like this
    no that's fine, whats your user name so I can send you an IM. you can message it to me on here if you want.

Deleted
    no that's fine, whats your user name so I can send you an IM. you can message it to me on here if you want.
    Sent it to you in a PM. I'll let you know if it lets me read your email and reply back if I can, problem solved

Deleted
    It's got nothing to do with being a hater. All those websites are only on to your money. There's entire programmes that put 10k+ fake profiles on those sites in no time. Of course there's real people on it, mostly men. I'm sure you could find someone there, as your examples proof. But those are the exceptions that confirm the rule that those websites are 99% fake. I'd say don't waste your time and money there and go out and meet actual real people outside.
    Your very wild exaggeration suggests somebody got burned and bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Your very wild exaggeration suggests somebody got burned and bitter.
    Never paid a single dime for those websites, checked them out, read about them. Just google a bit, there's so much stuff to find about it. It's just all way too fishy.
    Just saying, get out there, it works better . And even if I did got burned and bitter? So what? Just would've proven my point, right?

Never paid a single dime for those websites, checked them out, read about them. Just google a bit, there's so much stuff to find about it. It's just all way too fishy.
    Just saying, get out there, it works better . And even if I did got burned and bitter? So what? Just would've proven my point, right?
    I don't have time to "get out there". I work evenings and every weekend evening. I do pizza delivery so I try to drop as many lines as I can on the ladies I see but its far and few in between. It is as well hard to do it without getting fired.
    Last edited by crawdaddy029; 2013-01-09 at 11:32 AM.

I don't have time to "get out there". I work evenings and every weekend evening. I do pizza delivery so I try to drop as many lines as I can on the ladies I see but its far and few in between. It is as well hard to do it without getting fired.
    Well mate, I wish you the best of luck on those websites and I hope you'll find that one special person your looking for

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just go to meetme.com! I joined 6 months ago and so far ive slept with 4 off there, but be warned some are a little bizzare! One of them decided it was sane to hold my property as collateral until she was done having fun, 8 times later and I got my stuff back!

Other free options are Plenty of Fish, Evow, Okcupid, Craigs "< very risky"...but none seams to work like meetme!

10+ Year Old Account
    Your after girls right?

Plenty of fish is free but full of insane ppl, there is also okcupid with some of the same insane ppl.