Deleted

The daily quests in MoP

I've seen a lot of people on these forums complain about the need to grind reputation to be able to progress further in this game, and the long and even slower progress of gearing one's alts up, but dont you guys remember the daily quests on Isle of Quel'Danas? I know it's not easy to compare, but i remember the grind to get exalted with them taking months, and the dailies taking atleast 1 hour of my time at least, and this was on a low pop server. Now a days the dailies take 30-45 minutes, and they are easier than ever+ getting revered takes a few weeks.

I just want to hear your opinion on this, as i can't understand why people are annoyed by "having" to do dailies before you can get gear from valor/justice points, also, you could gear up via heroic drops/crafted gear?

This is one of my first posts in here, so sorry if it's in the wrong place!

-Zylle

Slightly done to death topic...

Deleted
    People enjoy different things, add the feeling of doing you're best and you're forced into doing dailies regardless if you enjoy the content or buying crafted/boe gear aswell.
    Its all about getting "that" edge.

personally, i hate dailies beyond belief, just like i hate lvling.
    What i do enjoy is raiding and end game content, you could argue i dont have to grind dailies but fact is.
    I would be kicked from my guild and i would feel bad for holding the raid back on encounters where enrage would be an issue for example.

And having 1600 lesser charms just feels pointless, extremely pointless.

What I really don't understand is people still complaining about having to "grind" rep on alts. This was removed in 5.1 and is pretty laughable these days. My alt mage hit revered on two of the item factions three days after getting 90, and those factions provide items to buy that are 2-3 months worth of valor points. Getting Golden Lotus to revered also only took about one week, and the dailies are really fast now that hardly anyone is doing them.

At this point, the only reason for doing dailies on any character is CHARMS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylle View Post
    dont you guys remember the daily quests on Isle of Quel'Danas? I know it's not easy to compare, but i remember the grind to get exalted with them taking months, and the dailies taking atleast 1 hour of my time at least
    I don't remember how long it took my to get exalted, I guess I wasn't really paying attention, but the dailies did not take anywhere near an hour. I think I got them down to around 20 minutes...30 minutes tops.

The thing about isle is that it's been so long that it's hard to tell if I enjoyed doing them because the whole idea was so fresh, or if I enjoyed doing them because they were genuinely well-designed dailies. I just remember that they were all hella easy. There's a quest that had you convert 5 sentries...that basically meant kill them and use a crystal on the corpse to turn them to your side. 5 things. That's how it should be, not this 12 mogu bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylle View Post
    I've seen a lot of people on these forums complain about the need to grind reputation to be able to progress further in this game, and the long and even slower progress of gearing one's alts up, but dont you guys remember the daily quests on Isle of Quel'Danas? I know it's not easy to compare, but i remember the grind to get exalted with them taking months, and the dailies taking atleast 1 hour of my time at least, and this was on a low pop server. Now a days the dailies take 30-45 minutes, and they are easier than ever+ getting revered takes a few weeks.

I just want to hear your opinion on this, as i can't understand why people are annoyed by "having" to do dailies before you can get gear from valor/justice points, also, you could gear up via heroic drops/crafted gear?

This is one of my first posts in here, so sorry if it's in the wrong place!

-Zylle
    In quel danas you could spend gold to raise the rep.

Quel danas also didnt have the badge gear hidden behind it. And quel danas dailies didnt give you extra rolls on raid bosses.

Dailies are not mandatory because they exists, dailies are mandatory because of the huge rewards tied to them, rewards that no system had before.

Just want the coins really, have no interest in the factions and I find dailies insulting as content so never do them. If they would simply give a chance for coins to drop from finishing heroics or lfr, I'd be a very happy fellow.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

You flog that dead horse! First post too, well done sir.

Isle had some fun PvP too. Lots of players in a small area made it fun. Honestly I don't recall whether I liked the isle or not but I don't recall it being bad. Additionally it was /1/ set of dailies. Golden Lotus offers the same amount if not more than the isle did and is just one out of I believe 7 factions to rep.

And of course they are not at all like dailies today with rep, valor, charms and additional factions tied to them/gated behind them. They were fun.

Edit: One thing I found fun about the isle is you got to see what you were doing. Each daily on the isle brought you closer as a SERVER to unlocking the next phase. That was fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As somebody who disliked 5 mans at that time, I felt as "forced" to run content that I dislike as people now feel "forced" to do dailies. Sorry that my sympathy is really really low towards those ppl - surely nobody sympathized with me back then....
    This is such a horrible attitude. Oh, I had to do it in my day so you guys do too and to hell with you. You didn't care when I was wronged so I'm not going to care when you do! And people wonder why this world is screwed up.

Deleted
    Doing some of the Isle dailies gave you a chance to get extra badges, if you remember.
    The chance was low, and you were better off doing the easy heroics like Slave Pens, or a Kara badge run anyway.
    The whole server wide progression was very cool imo, but being on a low pop server, i think daily progression like the Molten Front was a step forward.
    I do really enjoy the story progression in the daily reps from MoP, and especially 5.1 dailies have a great story to it.
    I hope the 5.2 dailies will follow a same story progression path.

Deleted
    Was it 10 gold for 150 rep? Well...shoulder enchants and whatnot were tied to factions in WotLK and Cata. Could you get Sons of Hodir rep by running 5 mans? Not sure but I sure did a lot of dailies there. Yes, you had a choice to do dailies in Cata or run dungeons. Running dungeons ad nauseum gave more rep. Dailies limited the rep per day.

As somebody who disliked 5 mans at that time, I felt as "forced" to run content that I dislike as people now feel "forced" to do dailies. Sorry that my sympathy is really really low towards those ppl - surely nobody sympathized with me back then....

You could use the pvp enchants though.I never raised rep for either Therazane or Sons of Hodir (for the later I used at some point badges from JP.No vendors are unlocked,I havent even to this day done the starter quest from K3).

I dont remember the trade off in Wrath but I was more than happy to exchange +25 haste for +25 resilience in order to avoid the Therazane grind.So yeah even on the enchants there were alternatives to it

Was it 10 gold for 150 rep? Well...shoulder enchants and whatnot were tied to factions in WotLK and Cata. Could you get Sons of Hodir rep by running 5 mans? Not sure but I sure did a lot of dailies there. Yes, you had a choice to do dailies in Cata or run dungeons. Running dungeons ad nauseum gave more rep. Dailies limited the rep per day.

yes, head and shoulder enchants were tied to rep, and they were removed because they were mandatory. They also had almost equivalent PVP ones (uou would lose a tiny 25 crit by using the PVP ones).
    Sons of Hodir also could be raised by turning in relics of ulduar that you could get by killing mobs around Storm Peaks.

Taking all that into account, Blizzard STILL got rid of them because it was unfair to demand that grind from raiders.

I am not saying Cata model was better, it was basically the same mistake. In Cata, you were forced to run dungeons because it was the faster way to get rep in 4.0 and it was the best way to get gear in 4.1 and 4.3, now you are forced to do dailies because its the only way to get VP gear, charms and many other rewards. I like running dungeons, so Cata mistake did not have that great of an impact on me, but i can see the mistake.

Now we have the EXACT same mistake, except with dailies instead of dungeons.

I think both systems should give the same rewards, at the same pace. That's a better deisgned system.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2013-01-09 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    I don't remember how long it took my to get exalted, I guess I wasn't really paying attention, but the dailies did not take anywhere near an hour. I think I got them down to around 20 minutes...30 minutes tops.
    I don't think the issue is how long it takes to do them on 1 day. The issue is that it is quite a slow grind.. and players maybe, don;t have the time to logon each and every day.
    i can't skip a few days and then catch up when I do have the time.

In this way it looks like this game is "forcing" people to log on each and every day.... in a already slow grind.