Why is Fury so bad in leveling?

I tried fury yesterday when I hit 86 in Jade forest, I killed a rare while at 85 and I got some 420 iLvl epic 2h mace, which would have been a nice pair with my 425 iLvl BoE blue I got from AH.

Oh dear... I specced Fury, reforged a lot to Hit and Exp(both at PvE raid caps) and crit was around 16.5%. Then I entered Valley and it just took forever to kill anything, BT would hit for really low amounts and Wild Strike being 30 Rage and did "moderate" damage.

I switched back to Arms and noticed that MS was literally hitting for 3x the damage and Slam was hitting around the same as Wild Strike while costing 10 less rage. RB "stacks" were much harder to get than OP and OP RNG gave very good HS damage.

Is Fury too damn reliant on high crit? It makes leveling impossible since most of the time you are running 10-20% crit(depends on level and gear), while Fury only seems to shine at very high crit levels(25-30%+).

Is Fury too damn reliant on high crit? It makes leveling impossible since most of the time you are running 10-20% crit(depends on level and gear), while Fury only seems to shine at very high crit levels(25-30%+).
    I think you answered your question Just stick to arms and when you collect enough crit switch to fury.

Quote Originally Posted by daka242 View Post
    I think you answered your question Just stick to arms and when you collect enough crit switch to fury.
    Well what's the gear level I should get before the switch? Full Heroic dung? 350? 360?

Oh dear... I specced Fury, reforged a lot to Hit and Exp(both at PvE raid caps) and crit was around 16.5%.
    Personally I had no problems leveling as fury and I don't see much point in going for raid caps when you are fighting significantly lower level mobs when it hurts your crit so badly. Worst dip is when you hit lvl90 and caps soar to a level tuned for a lot more ilvl.

Wild Strike being 30 Rage and did "moderate" damage
    Non-proc wild strikes are not supposed to be particularly rage effective

Deleted
    Fury sucks untill 20% unbuffed crit. It might do better DPS than Arms at earlier crit levels but its super annoying to play with low crit.

Deleted
    I'm still not at 20% crit in almost full epic (mix of lfr/normal), but my dps is pretty good. I levelled as prot up to Pandaria, then Fury. Had no issues, just pull 5-8 enemies, laugh as Second Wind makes you immortal (with VR if necessary) and slay shit like a boss.

Noticed the same thing during MoP launch, Fury started out absolutely amazing in Jade Forest while crit was still high, then kill speed plumeted fast with each new level. Around Townlong Steppes Fury became quite frustrating to play, so switched to Arms and noticed kill speed becamoming much more smoother on the way to 90.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

15+ Year Old Account
    I leveled extremely quick but that might be due to full heroic t13 and dual heroic gurths.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I leveled extremely quick but that might be due to full heroic t13 and dual heroic gurths.
    I had no problem leveling in Fury, but I did had full BiS T13 Heroic gear, but can imagine still being good enough if you raided normal abit on Warrior alt. If its a fresh 85 I can imagine being behind on gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently fury at 89, two http://www.wowhead.com/item=86523 with Windsong on both and a total ilvl of 439. Currently at hit & exp cap with 15% crit and 18% mastery. Nothing in my gear is special in any way apart from the weapons, everything but the weapons and my Quilen Statuette is acquired from quests and dungeons.

So to get to the issue at hand, I'm not finding Fury bad at all. I'm ripping enemies to pieces, doing 50k sustained DPS in dungeons and perform well in PvP, even though I barely have any PvP experience, and my avarage DPS when questing is somewhere around 40-50k aswell. I haven't compared it to Arms, but I find it hard to believe that Arms would outperform Fury for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk View Post
    I'm currently fury at 89, two http://www.wowhead.com/item=86523 with Windsong on both and a total ilvl of 439. Currently at hit & exp cap with 15% crit and 18% mastery. Nothing in my gear is special in any way apart from the weapons, everything but the weapons and my Quilen Statuette is acquired from quests and dungeons.

So to get to the issue at hand, I'm not finding Fury bad at all. I'm ripping enemies to pieces, doing 50k sustained DPS in dungeons and perform well in PvP, even though I barely have any PvP experience, and my avarage DPS when questing is somewhere around 40-50k aswell. I haven't compared it to Arms, but I find it hard to believe that Arms would outperform Fury for me.
    Arms should outperform, 15% crit is still lower than I had when I did the fury test and it was awful.

Deleted
    Just got 496 Kilrak Jaws and had to go Fury o.O It feels good in a sustained fight but oh man is it frustrating to not crit with BT like 3 times in a row. Im truly hoping for a good 2H drop for 5.2 Arms but i doubt my RL lets me roll just because i have a good 1H already :/ Gotta do pesky dailys for coins i think..