Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    4-9 within 400ms of each other.

Although there is no knowing how much sand they have on board to simulate weight loads/tyre wear/aerodynamic changes/just to look slower.

The cars this year are fairly similar to last year regulations wise, Mclaren ended last year with probably the fastest car so it isn't surprising that they are fastest. I hope Jenson can make the most of this season and I hope they have ironed out the reliability issues from last year, would be interesting to see Button step up to the plate and mount a proper championship run again.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Marussia spent zero time and zero money designing their 2013 car...

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Looks like Marussia spent zero time and zero money designing their 2013 car...
    Given that they are going to have two pay drivers this season...

Deleted
    Meanwhile, back in Jerez...

After two days one car has been on fire, the other has been in the wall. Truly remarkable.

Apparently Hamilton was testing how good the brakes were, he is always the last to brake as it is.

edit.

Update
    10:45 GMT:

Mercedes have updated us on Lewis Hamilton and the condition of his car, tweeting: "Lewis suffered a loss of rear brake pressure, the front brakes enabled him to slow the car but he couldn't avoid the barrier. Obvious damage to the front wing and nose; we are checking the car over now. Lewis himself is fine."
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-02-06 at 11:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still can't believe how late Force India have left it to confirm their second driver....

At least their test driver (James Rossiter) seems to made a decent showing so far.

Many giggles have been had at the lack of testing Mercedes have had from their cars thanks them..... well just plain failing. Guess they're getting the mechanical failures out of the way early this season.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

I do hope for Lewis sake that the car is reliable this year. If he gets anything near Michaels luck last season he will be fighting to be in the top 10 come for the final standings. I really feel that if anyone can make the Mercedes win races, its Lewis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I do hope for Lewis sake that the car is reliable this year. If he gets anything near Michaels luck last season he will be fighting to be in the top 10 come for the final standings. I really feel that if anyone can make the Mercedes win races, its Lewis.
    Well Rosberg seems to be getting in as much as he could yesterday. Hopefully the reliability issues are ironed out now, but I'm still highly sceptic. I won't mind eating humble pie at the end of the season if they do do well, but I still just can't see them pulling it off

Oooh another test driver for Force India today.

I hope Q1 will still be entertaining this year, since barring a breakdown or a sudden surge in form from Toro Rosso, Caterham and Marussia. We're going to see those 3 teams getting dropped out week after week.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

With Rosberg running 148 laps yesterday and Hamilton running 145 laps today, hopefully those gremlins have been banished for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to the season kicking off again.

But honestly the most surprising thing for me is that both Maldonado and Grosjean are still F1 drivers after being the biggest safety hazard to other drivers in nearly 20 years.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    You can't look past the Red Bulls again, both the car and drivers are top class.
    Not expecting much from the Mercedes but that is one sexy looking car this year, I hope they do well because of Hamilton.

Deleted
    You can update the front wing test section with the stats if you want to. Its a 100kg weight with a maximum of 10mm movement allowed.

EDIT from the F1 website;

1) Weight - due to changes in their structure, Pirelli's 2013 tyres are around 2kg heavier per set than in 2012, hence the car's minimum weight limit has been increased by the same amount, from 640 to 642kg. As a consequence, the weight-distribution requirement has also been revised to minimum figures of 292kg:343kg front to rear, leaving teams 7kg to play with.
    2) Stepped noses - to mask the step in the car's nose (thought unattractive by many), teams are now allowed to place a non-structural 'vanity panel' over this area, the shape of which is strictly controlled by the regulations.
    3) Front wing tests - to prevent them flexing, front wings now face a tougher deflection test, with a 1,000N (100kg) load applied at two different points on both the longitudinal and transverse axes. The amount the wing may deflect has been reduced from 20mm to 10mm.
    4) Load and crash tests - more severe load tests for the roll structure have been introduced and the crash test requirements modified.
    5) Survival cell - the side load test for the survival cell is more severe too, and it must be applied to all chassis produced by a team, rather than to a single example.
    6) & 7) DRS - active 'double DRS' systems - where the DRS activation mechanism is utilised for other purposes (the insets show Mercedes' renowned 2012 system) - are no longer allowed (only passive solutions are now considered legal). Also, DRS usage is now limited to the DRS zones in all sessions (previously it could be used anywhere during free practice and qualifying).

You can update the front wing test section with the stats if you want to. Its a 100kg weight with a maximum of 10mm movement allowed.
    Done that, ty for the numbers

Adrian Sutil may be Force India's second driver.

Lewis Hamilton was on Top Gear and re-did his lap.

Sebastian Vettel did a 1:44.00

Lewis Hamilton did a 1:42.20 (spoiler tags in case you didn't see the episode)
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-02-18 at 01:04 AM.

Adrian Sutil confirmed as Force India's second driver. All seats are filled.

This weekend, any premature predictions? Going for Button for the win!

Absolutely no idea. Pre-season testing is inconclusive at the best of times, but this year it is particularly bad.

Just under 2 hours until practice 1 starts, I'm gonna be watching! Been a long winter, getting excited now!

Have fun watching the drivers ice-skating around the corners Melbourne is like an ice-rink on Friday.

And...the season is under way.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-03-15 at 01:54 AM.