Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Well it's official now, dailies are mandatory

With the current LFR dropping 483 and 476 ilevel it won't be possible to enter 5.2 ilevel 486 LFR without getting valor gear. Another slap in the face from blizz for people who don't want to do boring dailies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    With the current LFR dropping 483 and 476 ilevel it won't be possible to enter 5.2 ilevel 486 LFR without getting valor gear. Another slap in the face from blizz for people who don't want to do boring dailies.
    so i hear normal mode raids and 496 craftables and valor upgraded lfr items arent a way to get gear upgrades, dam how could i been so blind!

10+ Year Old Account
    Did no one read the blue post where it was made kind of clear that the 486 ivl requirement for the 5.2 LFR will likely be changed when it's live versus the PTR?

I'd expect it to be lowered to at least 483, they don't want to upset the portion of the playerbase that only does LFR as far as raiding is concerned and will want to do the new LFR too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    normal mode raids
    Yes, if you happen to be on a decent server.

496 craftables
    Inacceptable.

valor upgraded lfr items
    Best and easiest way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Did no one read the blue post where it was made kind of clear that the 486 ivl requirement for the 5.2 LFR will likely be changed when it's live versus the PTR?

I'd expect it to be lowered to at least 483, they don't want to upset the portion of the playerbase that only does LFR as far as raiding is concerned and will want to do the new LFR too.
    No the OP likes to pick apart stories and news so he can complain about dailies more.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

That ilvl requirement is for PTR purposes. Not for live.

1) Its still on the PTR. That value will almost certainly drop. I personally expect it to come in at iLvl 480

2) Crafted gear,

3) PvP gear (Lower iLvl than PvE gear, but at least the PvP stats aren't hurting you in any way)

4) World bosses (even easier now that they will be faction-tap, so you don't even have to be part of the raid, just do damage to the boss)

5) Item Upgrade system

6) BoEs sold on AH

There are tons of ways to get gear that don't involve dailies. They might not be AS efficient. They might be difficult in other ways that you also don't like. But implying that a particular system is an absolute mandatory requirement enforced by the game's mechanics is wrong.

If you want to argue that they FEEL mandatory, then that is your own opinion and you are perfectly entitled to it, just as much as I am entitled to my opinion that you are still wrong.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Deleted
    Assuming you wanna be technical and difficult. You get valor from doing the actual and current LFR. Besides that scenarios and heroics also give valor, and are not daily quests. Wether this system is good and flawless, is another story...

Doubtful. Let's take a look at the Shieldwall/Dominance dailies. 3 items for rep.

So even if dailies WERE mandatory as all the Chicken Littles keep squawking, they'd upgrade 3 items from Shieldwall/Dominance THIS patch and if that followed suit, then 3 more in the next patch along with the new raids. 6 items upgraded as the gateway to next LFR isn't likely.

Mists of Pandaria is set up this way:

Potential Progression Paths

Quest/Craft/Heroics/Dailies/Scenarios > LFR > LFR > LFR
    Quest/Craft/Heroics/Dailies/Scenarios > 10 man > 10 man > 10 man (Step up to hard mode available)
    Quest/Craft/Heroics/Dailies/Scenarios > 25 man > 25 man > 25 man (Step up to hard mode available)

That's the progression path options and being in full 10/25 man gear is supposed to negate any real incentive (besides valor points) to run LFR. Expect a full set of 5.0 LFR gear to be enough ilvl to access 5.2 LFR when it goes live. That's my prediction.

If you don't like dailies, shut your fucking mouth and don't do them. No one is forcing you to. You make the choice to do them.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Yes, if you happen to be on a decent server.

Inacceptable.

Best and easiest way.
    well i just offered u a bunch of choises and even left out world bosses so just take ur pick the ilvl is easily achievable witout gear locked behind dailyz

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you can run the other LFR's (potentially getting gear) for 90 vp each once a week (360 VP) + do ONE dungeon a day for 80 VP for 7 days (560) and get pretty much full VP. You don't have to do dailies but those who enjoy it get rewarded too. All that probably takes less time than doing all the dailies every day anyway.

I think I missed something. When did the PTR become 'official' anyway?

So, are you playing the part of Chicken Little or is this an attempt to troll and create contention?

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that you just jumped to the conclusion to fast and so the 'sky is falling' for you. Relax. The ilvl will likely change. And other options will be available. Blizzard knows some don't like dailies on principle.

Deleted
    well i just offered u a bunch of choises and even left out world bosses so just take ur pick the ilvl is easily achievable witout gear locked behind dailyz
    Him, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLos View Post
    I think I missed something. When did the PTR become 'official' anyway?

So, are you playing the part of Chicken Little or is this an attempt to troll and create contention?

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that you just jumped to the conclusion to fast and so the 'sky is falling' for you. Relax. The ilvl will likely change. And other options will be available. Blizzard knows some don't like dailies on principle.
    From what I've seen of his posts over the last 24 hours he's either very ignorant or trolling hard.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-09 at 05:30 PM.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    They never really were, they aren't now and they won't be in the future. There are always ways to get valor that don't involve doing dailies.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is going to self destruct hard if this is a 4-tier expansion like Wrath was. When you were required to get full previous tier to do the next tier, like you'll have to now with new vp gear, clearing of the final raid tier was always under 10%.

Unfortunantely, this is the wave of the future for WoW. Someone floated the idea of going the direction of ToR or LotRO and essentially abolishing the endgame in favor of promoting more solo play.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

My item level is 488. I have not done a single daily since the third week of MoP.

Sorry but no, they are NOT mandatory. They are completely optional.

It's in PTR....and even if that was the case where the ilvl was higher...why not...dailies are only going to be mandatory (and they are NEVER completely mandatory) to the people only doing LFR. If all your doing is LFR then you have wicked free time...aka dailies.
    I feel that most of the outcry for dailies is from people who do raid...which makes the whole point that LFR gear wont get you to the next LFR meaningless really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Him, not me.
    ye ok i didnt mean you specifically i ment it in plural ur just the quoted post :P