Poll: Is it tanks or healers fault?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!

Annoying issue with friend... give me your opinion! (WoW Related)

So... me and my friend just started RaFing, we've been friends for almost an year now. Anyways, here's the issue... I'm a lvl 15 healer (monk) and he's a warrior (tank) and we queue up for this dungeon, come up to first boss, He dies and since I can't ress until lvl 18 he rages at me and tells me to leave while he can easily release his spirit and run back fast anyway. We don't got heirlooms aswell, so it's trickier... since we play on his server and he made another account so he can't have heirloom weapons.

The problem to him dying was me being too far away... he stated (without all the ragequits from him) ''As a healer you should follow me all the time and don't care about healing others if they on low on hp, the tank is the main thing to heal even though he is @ full hp and starts pulling an pack while I was healing another member that wasn't as far away as he was. He died and started all yelling at me for leaving and all, and I just told him to spirit ress back. We killed the first boss, then I left because I felt gulit. Then he whispered when he was raging and he rage quited to play another game.''

I stated in answer to him ''Well, you should have saw that coming, we don't got heirloom gear really and it's very easy to die without heirloom gear.'' I was also standing like 50-60 yards away from you healing another team mate to full hp, why didn't you take a look for 2 seconds and just took a peek if I was there or not. This is actually my first time healing, you can't just pull anything you see, especially if I'm not in range of you because if you do that you kinda brought it up yourself since you can't pull without the healer. I wasn't noticing you was going to pull becuase I was sure you was going to take a 5 sec break so I could heal another team mate up and I didn't even have time to say that until he pulled.

So, do you think it's healer's job responsible for following the tank while he pulls everything (without even 2-5 sec breaks) or is it tank's job to wait 2-5 sec atleast and check if everybody's there and wait until everyone is there and ready for pull?

Discuss!

Sounds like your buddy probably has more issues than not getting healed fast enough in a video game.

Um you wiped, so what? I tank my wife heals, if I was like you and your friend we would have divorced by now.
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Um you wiped, so what? I tank my wife heals, if I was like you and your friend we would have divorced by now.
    Well, I couldn't ress him and he ran away from me to pull so I wasn't even in range to heal him and then he told me to leave just because he didn't wanna spirit ress back. I thought that was quite lame actually, I could have told the group to stay for the tank to come back but he just whined about me to leave and told everybody was a ''jackass'' etc.

Deleted
    As a healer, I feel for you completely. He could have easily looked back to check if you were with him, and you aren't just a tank healer - you're "The" group healer for a reason! If he was a healer, he should/would understand this. Nothing more annoying than being blamed for the tanks death when you're occupied with something/someone else! I find that people tend to seriously underestimate the healer's responsibilites when they haven't healed themselves.

Deleted
    okay so here's what really happend... when we were going against this group of mobs and a idiot hunter ninja pulls and gets killed but since i know that he couldnt ress i carry on since hes at good mana etc and he only said run int cant ress u but aperantly he thinks its a good plan to sit down without staiting that he stopped and w8 for the hunter to come back, i run like 30 yards and say omg come!! but hes all like "no im to far away" alltough he could have easily just run down there and save me but yeah yeah whatever 1 pack isnt the end of the world alltough its quite some xp when raffing. then he says can someone ress tank? noone replies but the hunter ninja pulls the last trash infront of the boss and i yell "dont heal him or hell keep on pulling" but he keeps healing and he keeps pulling and he pulled the boss and there is no way i would get back there in time and some might not know this but you cant release spirit when in combat so i say leave becouse if they kill theboss hes gonna level soo far away from me .. but he doesnt.. he leveld and they keep pulling and then i kinda rage since he doesnt listen .. however i´we got alot more tank & healer experience then him so i know my shit and no one except ppl from elite guilds have the right to complaine on my strats.. and so he says well ask a fuckin hc healer then.. and so i do.. i asked my freind who used to be the guild master and main healer in hes hc firelands proggin guild and he said the same as i did. and then hes answear is "this isnt fl" so .. now hows version is more accurate or w/e

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Sounds like your buddy probably has more issues than not getting healed fast enough in a video game.

He has issues if he got that mad about the first wipe of many to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyamannen View Post
    okay so here's what really happend... when we were going against this group of mobs and a idiot hunter ninja pulls and gets killed but since i know that he couldnt ress i carry on since hes at good mana etc and he only said run int cant ress u but aperantly he thinks its a good plan to sit down without staiting that he stopped and w8 for the hunter to come back, i run like 30 yards and say omg come!! but hes all like "no im to far away" alltough he could have easily just run down there and save me but yeah yeah whatever 1 pack isnt the end of the world alltough its quite some xp when raffing. then he says can someone ress tank? noone replies but the hunter ninja pulls the last trash infront of the boss and i yell "dont heal him or hell keep on pulling" but he keeps healing and he keeps pulling and he pulled the boss and there is no way i would get back there in time and some might not know this but you cant release spirit when in combat so i say leave becouse if they kill theboss hes gonna level soo far away from me .. but he doesnt.. he leveld and they keep pulling and then i kinda rage since he doesnt listen .. however i´we got alot more tank & healer experience then him so i know my shit and no one except ppl from elite guilds have the right to complaine on my strats.. and so he says well ask a fuckin hc healer then.. and so i do.. i asked my freind who used to be the guild master and main healer in hes hc firelands proggin guild and he said the same as i did. and then hes answear is "this isnt fl" so .. now hows version is more accurate or w/e
    You did actually tank without telling, so stop the bullshit, I was trying to heal another team member and then you pulled and died.

Deleted
    First, you guys need to grow up a bit. It's a wipe in a dungeon. It happens a lot on WoW.

Secondly, tanks should check whether the healer has enough mana/is in range before pulling AND healers should say "MB" or "wait up" in chat if they're struggling.

/solved

Ya, I would say both are at fault from what I've gathered. Talk it over, get on the same page so it doesn't happen again, and go kill some mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's time for both of you to get off MMO and work it out privately. This kinda stuff wont bode well for you guys, if you want to go back to playing together.
    Never underestimate of the power of stupid people in large groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyseria View Post
    So, do you think it's healer's job responsible for following the tank while he pulls everything (without even 2-5 sec breaks) or is it tank's job to wait 2-5 sec atleast and check if everybody's there and wait until everyone is there and ready for pull?

Discuss!
    50/50

But frankly, Part of being a good tank is being aware of your surroundings. If you fail to notice your healer running out of reach, you're likely to fail to notice when someone facepulls a pat, skipped pack, or when the rest of the group starts heading to boss X when you're heading to boss Y.

Imo, if he's the type to rage whenever he dies, he should respec DPS. Also, his repair bill per death is what, 20 copper? why even get all pissed off at dying.

Sounds like your friend is a bad tank; I don't care how awesomesauce a tank THINKS he is; if you pull before people are ready and run off then whine that just makes you a bad tank. End of debate.

Good tanks communicate with groups. By communicate I don't mean ragewhining either.

Deleted
    Are you guys twelve??

Infracted. Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-01-09 at 06:41 PM.

lol, are you guys fighting with each other on here? After reading this I think what you guys need is to take a step back and remember this is a game, for fun, with friends - fighting over lvl 15 dungeons is not allowed! plain and simple, it's a rule I am making right now, no arguing about stuff that happens in lvl 15 dungeons. You are both better than this and are having fun - remember that.

You have to understand also that no heirloom gear is gonna make this experience much more real (like it was meant to be, not faceroll) - no one does that anymore. I'm sure most of the randoms you get will have full heirloom gear - and that will make stuff harder for the tank (i think). As a healer tip - most healers will say if stupid dps attacks wrong target and draws aggro - I'm not healing them.. let them die. Well at this level you need to give them a little help - but I wouldn't worry about full healing a dps - throw them a heal- and then back to tank. If tank is doing it right - only tank will take damage (minus some aoe effects or whatever) and with no heirloom gear tank will need you. As far as range, yes always be in range of healing tank, dps is out of range that's on them.

Deleted
    but whats the matter when he dont heal me when i pull but when im dead he starts healing the dps thats pulling as they atk the mobs and the boss.. its not like they said anything

15+ Year Old Account
    1) he's an idiot if he gets so upset by a shitty wipe in a crappy lowbie dungeon
    2) he's a shitty tank if he doesn't check for healer range/mana and dies because of this. There aren't really excuses for that, even if the healer is afk/in wrong place with no warning, a tank should keep an eye on the healer.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureDrake View Post
    I find that people tend to seriously underestimate the healer's responsibilites when they haven't healed themselves.
    I agree. My first character was a mage and I tought the healer was present to keep everyone alive, no matter what. Then, when I created a priest and encountered a mage taking aggro, running around, getting killed and cursing me, I realized I've been an asshole with my mage all the time. Now I'm always aware about the group and make sure everyone's ready before pulling (when tanking) and if I die, the first thing I think is "it's my fault". But if the healers keeps standing still without casting and we die several times, that's not my fault

What I suggest is you guys change roles: You play tank and he plays healer, up to lvl 15-20 and you run a couple of dungeson. That'll make him realize how hard that job is.
    @Twinsting Nether EU
    Sokatsui, Retsuhana, Kutohitsugî, Skaoi, Goshintai, Ahres, Palhaço, Shikeishuu, Dorã, Koitika, Noslen, Ahtramedes.

@Ravencrest EU
    Retsuhana

Deleted
    Your buddy sounds like a dick.

Here is the problem, a human being will always present the situation from their point of view, that being that they were right in their actions and the other guy was the one misbehaving or being irrational. The other guy is on another forum presenting the facts from his point of view that you were wrong and he was reacting in an acceptable mannor to what they perceived as your misbehavior.

So both stories are suspect and without both sides of the story it is impossible for anyone who was not there to determine guilt and misbehavior.