Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightsight View Post
    Oh, I see the mod is going to be a white knight. First you have to define "Exploiting", do you agree with the ban that Ensidia got on their LK normal kill? Apparantly they exploited, but anyone with a common sense would see that was something which happened by mistake and they didn't know. This is a bug that also could happen by mistake.

In fact, people who were the trade target of the bugged herb also got banned. Did they also deserve that mister white knight?
    So assisting someone with an exploit is not exploiting. I see how your mind works.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    It was an exploit, while the intent may not have been to exploit the action was the same and would look the same in logs.
    Of course! They obviousely banned everyone that did this to limit the damage, but what I'm saying is, everyone that didn't use this for any economic advantage should be unbanned.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 06:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    So assisting someone with an exploit is not exploiting. I see how your mind works.
    Wow, the average IQ of a MMO champion user is as I guessed.

YOU COULD TRADE ANYONE THE HERB, IF THEY ACCEPTED THE TRADE THEY WOULD GET DCED AND ADDED TO THE BAN LIST.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    I didn't exploit disconnecting myself to dupe or gain advantages in any form. I simply milled a stack of herbs and sold it to the vendor and it DCs you. I logged back in and played as normal. I was like "well thats cool" and that was it. Theres a huge difference between a game bug and someone exploiting.

How do you mill a stack of herbs and sell it without some sort of glitch? Or do you mean you vendored the mats you got from milling? Either way sorry to say your story still sounds fishy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    How do you mill a stack of herbs and sell it without some sort of glitch? Or do you mean you vendored the mats you got from milling? Either way sorry to say your story still sounds fishy to me.
    You mill a stack of herbs, when loot window comes you add more herbs to the stack ur milling. Then loot the pigment. When you vendor the herb it just disconnects you. That's it. When you log back in you're rolled back, so tons of people took advantage of this bug and began exploiting to make unlimited darkmoon decks

describes how to exploit
    So you knew how to do it but it was an accidental exploit?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You mill a stack of herbs, when loot window comes you add more herbs to the stack ur milling. Then loot the pigment. When you vendor the herb it just disconnects you. That's it. When you log back in you're rolled back, so tons of people took advantage of this bug and began exploiting to make unlimited darkmoon decks
    So you did this. Which is a clear exploit, and you are wondering why you got banned?

Stupid is as stupid does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I see the mod is going to be a white knight. First you have to define "Exploiting", do you agree with the ban that Ensidia got on their LK normal kill? Apparantly they exploited, but anyone with a common sense would see that was something which happened by mistake and they didn't know. This is a bug that also could happen by mistake.

In fact, people who were the trade target of the bugged herb also got banned. Did they also deserve that mister white knight?
    Are you asking the mod to comment on Blizzard's behalf? And before you go around asking for definitions, why don't you go ahead and define "white knighting" so your post can be assigned a context.

Let's get a few things clear:
    1. OP did not claim it was a mistake, it was intentional on his part.
    2. He did get his account back, meaning no harm, no foul. Most probably Blizzard cast a huge, wide net and when they noticed the false positives they went back and make the ban criteria more rigid.
    3. Your bias is showing.
    Never underestimate of the power of stupid people in large groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you saying you believe the OP even though their story reeks of the usual 'I was caught exploiting now I'm going to try and cover my tracks' bullshit most everyone seems to pull when they are caught?
    They can actually see what you did with those "bugged" herbs. It really doesn't take longer then 2min to see how someone used/abused the exploit.
    A 3 day ban is perfectly reasonable for just DCing a friend once with it, a perma ban is not. Duping is a different story tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, the average IQ of a MMO champion user is as I guessed.
    First of all, stop insulting people.

Secondly, in reference to your earlier post, mods get to post too. If you have a problem with a post, talk about your problem with the post and leave personalities out of it. That goes for anyone, not just mods.

Lastly, no one said that anyone should be banned permanently if they didn't profit from the exploit. But anyone that did should be.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    They can actually see what you did with those "bugged" herbs. It really doesn't take longer then 2min to see how someone used/abused the exploit.
    A 3 day ban is perfectly reasonable for just DCing a friend once with it, a perma ban is not. Duping is a different story tho.
    I think that's why the OP's ban was reversed. Blizzard can be many things, but intentional douches they are not.

Again...

I never said the bug was a mistake. I legitimately DCed myself to see if you could DC yourself. I didn't dupe, I didnt take advantage of the bug, nor did I care to. I simply went about my day after DC'ing myself. I gained nothing, nor tried to. I take responsibility for DCing myself. Hence why i was unbanned. That is NOT permanent account closure worthy

As the OP tells the story, it is perfectly reasonable for Blizzard to forgive a one-time exploit motivated by curiosity. If he didn't then abuse it, the infraction is pretty minor and a temporary ban is appropriate.

Well, i know of MANY others who were banned simply for the same reason, and none are unbanned yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm. Maybe they aren't telling you the whole story and they did partake in some duping. Maybe they are still being investigated. Blizzard usually makes a statement when a wave like this goes out so we will know more at that point, I think.

They do an automated sweep and ban all people who used the exploit, intentional or not. Then, over the course of some days, they investigate each one and unban as needed.

Seems reasonable to me.

I've been following this exploit on the ownedcore forums, and I have to say, why is anyone surprised? Doing this type of widely known exploit is just asking for a perma-ban. There is one particularly annoying guy on my realm who hasn't had any activity in 2 days, and the log on his armory is nothing but hundreds, maybe even thousands, of dark moon card loots. If he got banned (he is particularly vocal in trade how he would NEVER get banned) I will laugh.

Deleted
    If it's your first ban in most cases you can get it removed.

Deleted

I think you need to understand what "white-knighting" actually is.

And to everyone who replied to my first post -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Exploiting, major or otherwise, is exploiting. Doing it for fun or because you're curious doesn't make it something else.
    Are you saying you believe the OP even though their story reeks of the usual 'I was caught exploiting now I'm going to try and cover my tracks' bullshit most everyone seems to pull when they are caught?
    These say it much better than I ^

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard in general do not pass out suspension, or in particular permanent account closures unless there's a legitimate reason to it, basic reason to it being that no serious company does anything that hurts income.., things in your history just don't align with how they've handled issues of exploits in the past.

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...lete-dupe.html
    Sorry if it's against the rules to post this type of link here mods, just ***mod-edited*** if it is

I assume this is what your referring to OP, in that case you are assisting another player in duping.., wether or not your intent was to actually duplicate the item or just mess around, I will say you got what you deserve, can't stand these types of players breaking economies n' whatnot!

I wish blizzard would start banning on IP instead of just account closure!
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2013-01-09 at 06:21 PM.

You used an exploit. Doesn't matter how much, or the intent behind it. You used it, and that's grounds enough for a permanent ban. I hope this teaches more people to not just do stuff for "fun" because their friends tell them about it.