Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    Again...

I never said the bug was a mistake. I legitimately DCed myself to see if you could DC yourself. I didn't dupe, I didnt take advantage of the bug, nor did I care to.
    Surely DCing yourself to see if the stuff was duped was the intent? If I wanted to see if I could DC myself, I'd just turn my router off.

I simply went about my day after DC'ing myself. I gained nothing, nor tried to. I take responsibility for DCing myself. Hence why i was unbanned. That is NOT permanent account closure worthy
    Was that the reason you were unbanned? I thought from your first post that you didn't know why you were unbanned?

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Furthermore.., where do you get the number 30,000 from?
    This I would like to know also.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    They do an automated sweep and ban all people who used the exploit, intentional or not. Then, over the course of some days, they investigate each one and unban as needed.

Seems reasonable to me.
    Which is always why it's smart to send a report in when something wierd happens - even if you were 'just trying it out' to see what happens!

Op basically was told how to dupe by a friend, did it, said oh cool and then got nailed for doing it, now can't come to terms that he should of never tried it in the first place because duping is duping no matter if you are just trying it or not.

This would be like me saying, "My friend told me if I walk into a bank with a gun they will give me all their money and so I tried it and it worked, I was like Cool! And then the cops busted me for robbing a bank, I have paid taxes for 20 years and I should of been let go with a warning. I didn't do nothing too wrong so I shouldn't be punished just because I waved a gun around and they gave the money to me."

I'm glad they busted the OP and 30,000 other dupers. Enjoy some other mmo.

Deleted
    I do take full responsibility for disconnecting myself out of curiosity and don't condone major exploiting.
    so you do condone exploiting if its minor ?

you also admit to disconnecting yourself out of curiosity, so you knew it was an exploit to do so.
    Sorry but you got your hand caught in the cookie jar. You must have known since "your a day 1 player" that blizzard do not stand for exploiting and have in the past banned people for exploiting.

You have no one else to blame but yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Op basically was told how to dupe by a friend, did it, said oh cool and then got nailed for doing it, now can't come to terms that he should of never tried it in the first place because duping is duping no matter if you are just trying it or not.

This would be like me saying, "My friend told me if I walk into a bank with a gun they will give me all their money and so I tried it and it worked, I was like Cool! And then the cops busted me for robbing a bank, I have paid taxes for 20 years and I should of been let go with a warning. I didn't do nothing too wrong so I shouldn't be punished just because I waved a gun around and they gave the money to me."

I'm glad they busted the OP and 30,000 other dupers. Enjoy some other mmo.

Just DCing yourself doesn't dupe anything... retard. It bypasses cooldown timers hence the ton of decks...

Infracted. Please don't insult other posters.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-01-09 at 06:40 PM.

Deleted
    I took a gun into an airplane.

It was just for fun,to see if I could make it.I didnt take any advantage of it,i didnt kidnap the flight nor I even got the gun out of my pocket.But they caught me...

Well:

1.Yeah,it does not matter if you took advantage or not.It was intentional,it was not a mistake...you broke the law you handle the consequence.

2.No,you dont deserve the same punishment as someone who kidnaps an airplane.

From my point of view,you should be banned(as you were) a few days (as you were).

Justice is done,nothing more to comment on my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsight View Post
    Oh, I see the mod is going to be a white knight. First you have to define "Exploiting", do you agree with the ban that Ensidia got on their LK normal kill? Apparantly they exploited, but anyone with a common sense would see that was something which happened by mistake and they didn't know. This is a bug that also could happen by mistake.

In fact, people who were the trade target of the bugged herb also got banned. Did they also deserve that mister white knight?
    Exploiting is already defined. Intention is irrelevant. Your attitude is rude and you seem to not understand the concept of consequences. Weather your ban well, you earned it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 06:21 PM ----------

Just DCing yourself doesn't dupe anything... retard. It bypasses cooldown timers hence the ton of decks...
    Just growing coca doesn't mean you're gona turn it into cocaine. Which is why they made that illegal too. Stop being a combative hemorrhoid.

Deleted
    Everyone that duped stuff, should have been banned.
    Everyone that dc'd themselves but then got scared and didn't go any further, deserve at least a 3 day suspension and a "Yellow Card" on your account, meaning next time you're involved in such activities, it's perma ban, no if, ands or maybes.

Good for you that your ban was lifted, hopefully you and others will learn their lesson and not mess about again, you really only have yourself to blame.

You mill a stack of herbs, when loot window comes you add more herbs to the stack ur milling. Then loot the pigment. When you vendor the herb it just disconnects you. That's it. When you log back in you're rolled back, so tons of people took advantage of this bug and began exploiting to make unlimited darkmoon decks
    This is a very deliberate set of circumstances. Very few people are going to add herbs to a stack after milling. I personally have auto-loot enables for all mills because there is no reason for me to sit there with a loot window open. I bet less then 1% of the people doing this did it on accident. If you know the exploit exists don't do it just because you are curious. That is not an excuse.

They are not going to take an e-mail from you over them doing internal investigation, thus why they didn't just tell you that you would get the account back. After internally figuring out you didn't exploit it progressively, they gave back the account. That's how it should work, not just showing some puppy dog eyes and saying "No I didn't!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eliandal View Post
    Which is always why it's smart to send a report in when something wierd happens - even if you were 'just trying it out' to see what happens!
    I think they might still catch you in the automated ban process, sadly, unless they somehow flag you as "okay" because of the ticket you wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Keep writing them e-mails! in the end you will get in touch with someone who cares... I had trouble with blizz, 6 e-mails "thrown" aside / ignored. but nr. 7 Person to reply was helpful and nice
    So after 7 e-mails i struck a nice person.

Just be persistent.
    Who should I be E-Mailing? I've looked everywhere and cannot for the life of me find one for US, only EU.

Oh come on guys. You can't say if someone told you that you could dupe by selling something and dc'ing yourself with a dc macro that you wouldn't try it out of curiosity!
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Oh come on guys. You can't say if someone told you that you could dupe by selling something and dc'ing yourself with a dc macro that you wouldn't try it out of curiosity!

I can say I wouldn't risk it. After 5+ years I'm not going to risk losing my account to test some stupid exploit I won't use anyways.

Within a week, you will buy another account and level to 90.

You are addictive to this game.

they probably safety-banned all the people who used the dc-trick and then took their time to check each account to see if there were any items duplicated or not.
    so after they saw that you actually didnt dupe anything they simply unbanned you again.

its actually smarter to do it this way, because the longer you wait to ban those people, the more duplicated items will go into the economy.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 01:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Within a week, you will buy another account and level to 90.

You are addictive to this game.
    dude.. spare me with your stupid false facts... have you EVER leveled a character from 1-90 without heirlooms? its gonna at least take a month, if you're playing it casually.

and btw: "addictive" means "something that makes you addicted" the actual word you were looking for is addicted :>
    Last edited by Ghul; 2013-01-10 at 12:16 AM.

Well I don't know this bug, but if it was something you could do in the course of normal gameplay on accident, or just caused you to DC and you weren't duping things, I think it would be fair not to ban people. When you could mail holiday items with temporary duration away, I often did that not to have them clogging my limited inventory space. When that changed and I went to clean out my bags, their timers were at 00 and it kept DCing me. So you can get Dced due to bugs innocently so they can probably check their records to see what you did before and after the DC to make sure you weren't doing anything malicious. He was unbanned so he was probably innocent of any real offense beyond finding a bug on closer inspection.

Moved to Comics Fury. Rereleased and updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I wouldn't believe every sob story you hear.
    Well, that doesn't mean you have to DISBELIEVE it either. Everyone should be given the benefit of the doubt, both ways.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Well, that doesn't mean you have to DISBELIEVE it either. Everyone should be given the benefit of the doubt, both ways.

Blizzard gave me a moose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    dude.. spare me with your stupid false facts... have you EVER leveled a character from 1-90 without heirlooms?
    Yeah I have... It doesn't take anywhere near that amount of time. You should probably try actually questing or doing the odd dungeon, might get somewhere!