Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

If you live in Austin and want to make an actual difference in the game...

BioWare is hiring onsite testers for the next expansion: https://performancemanager4.successf...ny=EA&username

This sounds like the the XP is still a ways off from being released, but they may get some genuine criticism before it goes to the PTS.

Edit* Listing went up on 12/5, but it is now being posted on Facebook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I for one, Love: Star Wars.

<3

- Lance
    -- Dacoolist
    --- Austin, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Parrin View Post
    BioWare is hiring onsite testers for the next expansion: https://performancemanager4.successf...ny=EA&username

This sounds like the the XP is still a ways off from being released, but they may get some genuine criticism before it goes to the PTS.

Edit* Listing went up on 12/5, but it is now being posted on Facebook.
    So now they can ignore beta testers to their face?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Hey, at least they are trying something new

- wenthard.com

Hopefully they'll get some good feedback and turn out a pretty good "expansion" (I still think it's DLC). Gogo Austin peeps who like the game and have time to help them test. I think the guy who runs Darth Hater lives nearby, and he seems like a pretty astute chap. I expect he'll be there so you can hang out with him!

That's pretty awesome. It would be a great experience, both personally and for the game, to have such hands-on access and direct contact with the actual team working on RotHC. Maybe we can start to see some really positive changes coming from this.

Let's just hope they take this "objective feedback" a little more serious than that of the original beta testers for the game.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Hopefully they'll get some good feedback and turn out a pretty good "expansion" (I still think it's DLC). Gogo Austin peeps who like the game and have time to help them test. I think the guy who runs Darth Hater lives nearby, and he seems like a pretty astute chap. I expect he'll be there so you can hang out with him!
    I'd love to see folks like that get accepted for the test. Unfortunately, it sounds like temp work, and Austin's unemployment rate is low even for TX. I don't think they'll see the quality of applicants that they're hoping for. And DH is probably crazy busy with all the new changes and items and issues just on the live version of the game.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I expected this to be a list of materials to buy from Home Depot in order to raze the building to the ground. Man was I disappointed. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I expected this to be a list of materials to buy from Home Depot in order to raze the building to the ground. Man was I disappointed. Lol.
    Lmao! I thought something similar when I first read the title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Lmao! I thought something similar when I first read the title.
    Really? I had a fistful of dollars ready to shove through the screen to fund a cupcake protest.

Deleted
    They do this internal tests on most mmos/games. This is nothing to do with beta testing. They want to hire people to test the game and they want to enclose them with contracts to not spread any information. BW Austin did the same during SWTOR alpha. It's a standard procedure for internal testing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    They do this internal tests on most mmos/games. This is nothing to do with beta testing. They want to hire people to test the game and they want to enclose them with contracts to not spread any information. BW Austin did the same during SWTOR alpha. It's a standard procedure for internal testing
    You could also argue it's a sign that they have no internal testers of their own whatsoever. Wouldn't surprise me with the quality they delivered lately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nris View Post
    You could also argue it's a sign that they have no internal testers of their own whatsoever. Wouldn't surprise me with the quality they delivered lately.
    No they've done this before even when they had a huge internal team before the mass culls (feb 2012) they did this for patch 1.2

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...050#edit317905

They/we have internal testers trust me.

Except not...it's very common for companies to bring in additional local testers for games (or major patches/expansions) to help get more data/feedback early on.

I mean, you could argue that. But I don't see how it's a very strong argument >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Parrin View Post
    I'd love to see folks like that get accepted for the test. Unfortunately, it sounds like temp work, and Austin's unemployment rate is low even for TX. I don't think they'll see the quality of applicants that they're hoping for. And DH is probably crazy busy with all the new changes and items and issues just on the live version of the game.
    I'm not sure it would be safe for Bioware to have Sado inside their office