Strangeness with CM unlocks on the GTN

I was wondering if someone who's got access to the customer support forum could ask what's the difference between the items with the grayed out icons and lit up ones?

Actual link here: http://tinyurl.com/b55zax2

The ones in my inventory were pulled out of my cargo hold by yesterday's patch (which was also wierd).

Thanks!

Deleted
    I was wondering about that too. I've been looking at Access X unlocks yesterday and some were lighten up, some greyed out for no apparent reason, some had "requires level 50" some not. Really don't get it.

You're not talking about the 'rarity' icon are you? Silver (grayed out?) means it's more common, gold means rare?

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    You're not talking about the 'rarity' icon are you? Silver (grayed out?) means it's more common, gold means rare?
    No, it's got nothing to do with rarity. The item descriptions for both the lit and unlit ones read the same. And the grayed out ones also have a "1" in the bottom right corner. Subscribers and F2P who have been buying these unlocks off the GTN have been hit with a bug with these unlocks disappearing after use. I was wondering if there's any significance between using the lit and unlit ones?

This was something that I just noticed last night after the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other items were doing it for me before the patch. I didn't notice any rhyme or reason to it. Honestly I just chalked it up as another goofy bug and moved on.

A developer said they no longer allowed these items to stack, so the ones without the "1" are the new items, if they have a "1" it is the old item.

Looks like maybe the old grayed out ones are bugged?

Today , 05:11 AM | #7
    REPORT POST QUOTE
    Hi folks, after investigating this issue, we have discovered that the bug fix that we implemented in 1.6.2:
    Unlock items no longer stack in the inventory.

has affected any unlocks that were on the GTN and in mailboxes. Please submit an in-game ticket for CS if you have been affected by this. Apologies for the inconvenience.

source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583721

That was speedy for BW. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by efsunshine View Post
    Looks like maybe the old grayed out ones are bugged?

Today , 05:11 AM | #7
    REPORT POST QUOTE
    Hi folks, after investigating this issue, we have discovered that the bug fix that we implemented in 1.6.2:
    Unlock items no longer stack in the inventory.

has affected any unlocks that were on the GTN and in mailboxes. Please submit an in-game ticket for CS if you have been affected by this. Apologies for the inconvenience.

source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583721

That was speedy for BW. =/
    Aren't these unlocks usually for people who can't contact in-game support?
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

I am sure this is just tin foil hat talk but I wonder if this has anything to do with so many of them not working while some do.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I am sure this is just tin foil hat talk but I wonder if this has anything to do with so many of them not working while some do.
    You mean the items previously stacking in the seller's inventory somehow screwing with the functionality of the unlocks? Maybe, but they will not admit to why they decided to stop letting these things unstack.

This was a bit galling to read this morning:
    Originally Posted by SWTOR

Hi again Grimmig,

You seem to have pretty bad luck when it comes to these unlocks, but hopefully we can get this sorted for you asap.

Thanks for the detailed post and timestamped* pictures.

*timestamps help hugely and make log searches much easier for agents.

source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=570131&page=2

This grimmig dude took it pretty well. Apparently, it's now the player's bad luck if an unlock doesn't work. As opposed to you know, SHIT CODE.

For a brief second, I considered subbing just to rip into comment. =/

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Aren't these unlocks usually for people who can't contact in-game support?
    LOL, that's the idea yes.
    Last edited by catcommando; 2013-01-12 at 05:16 PM. Reason: lack of coffee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlocks gray out if the game thinks you already have them. Ergo, the game is under the impression that you already have the unlocks even though you don't.

As to why this bug occurs and how to fix it... I have no idea - IT is not my thing.