New idea for blood fear

New Blood Fear: Only when hit by melee damage you gain a 15 seconds buff (30 s cooldown) to instantly fear an enemy for 5 seconds. No health cost, doesnt replace fear.

Ok, now we have a good defense skill.
    Any opinion?
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

That is a good option. But they will not accept cause this is better than BF that we have on PTR... :-)

I suggest, since warlocks have historically been terrified of melee, changing it to this. Have it trigger from melee damage taken, and instead of fearing the enemy, it fears the warlock, causing him to run at nitro boost speed in uncontrollable directions for five seconds, during which he is immune to all forms of snares and control.

@Biruta - I think this has actually been the best idea I've seen for Blood Fear. I think the only way that would ever be considered is if Blood Fear was not able to be used unless the proc has been triggered.

@Itisamuh - Not always been the case. SL/SL days we kinda giggled at things hitting us. But for the most part, you're right, lol.

nice one but i wouldn't like another spell, in this incarnation it could well replace fear

Blood Fear
    Instant 1 min cooldown
    Requires Warlock
    Requires level 52
    While active, any time an enemy strikes the caster your fear will become instant. 1 charge. Lasts 45 sec.
    Custom warlock script for Ovale Spell Priority addon
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/ova...script-wip/#p1

Blood Fear: Passive. After being 10 secs in combat your next Fear will be instant. This effect has a 30 sec CD.

my 2 cents.

How about screwing instant fears that break the game and giving us back some proper CC like in Cataclysm but with enhancements?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    How about screwing instant fears that break the game and giving us back some proper CC like in Cataclysm but with enhancements?
    Ding ding ding.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will still be useful offensively so it's a non-starter.
    Also this.

How about it just disarms your opponent, then it wouldn't work against pets other than Fel/Wrathguard which you'd probably be content weren't able to hit you anyway.

No you warlocks do not need more fears! 20% of your health to fear is perfectly fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    No you warlocks do not need more fears! 20% of your health to fear is perfectly fine by me.
    perfectly fine for you cause the warlock loses 20% health.. right?

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 11:39 PM ----------

The problem is I'm fearing Cataclysm will never come back... at least this expansion... but I'd trade green fire for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    perfectly fine for you cause the warlock loses 20% health.. right?

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 11:39 PM ----------

The problem is I'm fearing Cataclysm will never come back... at least this expansion... but I'd trade green fire for it.
    I don't think the poster meant Cataclysm the spell, but rather Cataclysm the expansion where we had Death Coil and Howl of Terror.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    I don't think the poster meant Cataclysm the spell, but rather Cataclysm the expansion where we had Death Coil and Howl of Terror.
    Yes! But Cataclysm could work if they made it a 1.5 sec cast time that's usable while stunned, and interruptable. Basically, a pre-MoP Howl of Terror that's usable while stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    This will still be useful offensively so it's a non-starter.
    Kind of a bullshit sentiment. *Every* CC in the game is used offensively. Any Crowd Control spell or talent that modifies it is by default used offensively whenever it makes sense. Even Disarm that you suggest is used frequently offensively against warriors to prevent shield walling during a kill window.

Incidentally, the talent BF competes with (albeit, poorly atm) is Unbound Will which is something that will be used offensively more often than not (sac 20% of my hp while being focused, or sac 20% of my hp when being peeled to finish off someone?)

If they want to make Blood Fear a 'defensive only' skill, then basically it needs to be yet another warlock defensive cooldown or it's going to end up semi-worthless (any 'tigger' type spell that relies on someone hitting the lock is going to be too unpredictable to be of use). Honestly, the whole tier is just crap at this point and would do well with a bigtime overhaul.
    Last edited by pokeadott; 2013-01-09 at 11:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    Kind of a bullshit sentiment. *Every* CC in the game is used offensively. Any Crowd Control spell or talent that modifies it is by default used offensively whenever it makes sense. Even Disarm that you suggest is used frequently offensively against warriors to prevent shield walling during a kill window.

Incidentally, the talent BF competes with (albeit, poorly atm) is Unbound Will which is something that will be used offensively more often than not (sac 20% of my hp while being focused, or sac 20% of my hp when being peeled to finish off someone?)

If they want to make Blood Fear a 'defensive only' skill, then basically it needs to be yet another warlock defensive cooldown or it's going to end up semi-worthless (any 'tigger' type spell that relies on someone hitting the lock is going to be too unpredictable to be of use). Honestly, the whole tier is just crap at this point and would do well with a bigtime overhaul.
    Look, I'm just stating the blindingly obvious. Simple fact is, they want a defensive only ability, and anything that gives you control over an instant CC is just not going to happen. End of story. Give it up and stop fucking crying over it.

Defensive only means it could be a defensive cooldown. It could be passive damage mitigation. It could be passive CC duration reduction. Hell, it could be passive 'now allows teleport while CCed'. It could be absolutely anything.

Y u fight over internetz?
    No but to be honest, the LAST thing we need is another active defensive ability, unless Sac. Pact gets nerfed into oblivion... What Blizzard doesn't get is that higher cost=better results. Why do I need to use 20% of my health to do the same thing a druid has, but with 3 times less charges and therefore more unpredictable results? It's the same with everything.
    Heck, why do I have to use my health to keep my mana up while other casters don't even worry about it?

Can we have the old Soul Link back? ;_;

No but to be honest, the LAST thing we need is another active defensive ability, unless Sac. Pact gets nerfed into oblivion... What Blizzard doesn't get is that higher cost=better results. Why do I need to use 20% of my health to do the same thing a druid has, but with 3 times less charges and therefore more unpredictable results? It's the same with everything.
    Heck, why do I have to use my health to keep my mana up while other casters don't even worry about it?
    Pretty much. An active defensive is the last thing I need another one of in my toolkit. Passive mitigation, mobility, w/e - I'm OK with it. Still prefer CC.

As for the Bliz bandwagon not wanting CC that works offensively, they need to give it up for now. Long term if you want to tone down CC/instants/we, hooray! Short-term, it's not gonna happen. We're already in the middle of the most blatant Warr/Hunter/Feral faceroll training season to date (all classes that thrive on instant CC chained together and used almost exclusively offensively). And worse, with the rogue buffs + mage/lock nerfs on the PTR, Q up in 5.2 and you're gonna see about 85% of teams playing melee cleave or melee/hunter.

When bliz kills Warbringer->Shockwave, Scatter->Trap->Silencing, Garrote->Kidney, etc., then I'll be fine with them wanting to limit our CC toolkit accordingly. Until then, wtf?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    I'll quote my response in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I think the problem was less that "blood fear is an offensive spell" and more "people are using blood fear as an offensive spell".

It was designed as a means of peeling a melee who is on you, which it can do just fine - you pay a slight health cost and get them away from you, unless they're a warrior or dk, and get a breather. It works, people use it like that - there's no problem, blood fear worked as a defensive ability.

Unfortunately, it also worked as an offensive one - as often, if not more often - you'd blood fear a member of the enemy team when going for the kill - and it certainly worked in that fashion just as well, if not better, than it did in it's previous one.

As much as I hate to defend blizzards choices on warlock pvp balance, they're right on this one;
    Blizzard can give you a knife to eat your meal with, but when you start using it to stab people, don't be surprised to have it replaced with a plastic one.
    It DOES NOT MATTER if every other CC in the game can be used offensively, our DEFENSIVE TALENT TIER is not something blizzard wants us to be able to use offensively. If you give people an instant fear, it will be. Saying "oh but other CC can be offensive", yes - but it's presumably not on that classes defensive tier level.

Blood Fear IS on our defensive talent level, the 5.2 blood fear is absolute garbage, I agree - that doesn't mean they should give us an offensive, instant fear as a replacement - because that's not what they want.

5.2 blood fear with;
    o) no health cost
    o) no trigger on pets
    o) horror instead of fear
    o) regenerating charges every xx seconds / multiple charges but some cd on how frequently it can fear the same person

would fix prettymuch every issue with it - it's a lot of changes over what the current 5.2 blood fear is, but it's prettymuch needed if that talents going to be usable imo. It does NOT need "fixing" into an instant fear - the idea is fine, the execution is absolutely dreadful. I still don't think even that retooled blood fear would fix our pvp issues by far, it fixes blood fear being OP and replaces it with some decent compensation - but I still think we've got major problems in places - self healing outside of major CDs with pretty lengthy CD length and the loss of decent passive DR via old SL are my major issues. Malefic Grasp, while great for limiting affliction's multidotting in pve, has rammed a spanner up affliction pvps arse that I'm not sure I have a clue how to remove.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2013-01-10 at 01:00 AM.