Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    http://disney.kids.yahoo.co.jp/game/pooh.html
    Makes DaS look like casual babby mode.
    Holy Shit. I just played that game for the last 30 minutes.
    Piglet can throw some chin music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Holy Shit. I just played that game for the last 30 minutes.
    Piglet can throw some chin music.
    Piglet ? Please.
    Face the Christopher Robin. Face the God himself.

Shadowbane was probably the most hardcore, which lead to its downfall. When you spend 6 months or even a year building a sweet city just to watch half the server rally together, bane it and smash it to the ground in a few hours it kinda leaves you with a good excuse to quit.

I like a hardcore mmo but too hardcore isn't good either. Somewhere inbetween the extremely carebear games like wow and the extremely hardcore games like shadowbane is the perfect balance, but I don't know exactly where.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudommer View Post
    By hard Im talking like, landing on the aircraft carrier in Top Gun or completing Ghosts n' Goblins on your first life.
    Love to see some old school gamers. Really the poster suggesting you stick with single player games for true difficulty was correct. MP games (especially massiveMP games) cannot match the difficulty you are looking for. Landing on the carrier is hard enough, but asking 10-25 people to all land safely on the same pass just ratchets up the difficulty past where developers can profit...because for something to appeal to that many players it simply can't be as hard as those old school games were. Play some Super Meat Boy and you'll come back to WoW glad it's as easy as it is.
    Last edited by shokter; 2013-01-09 at 11:27 PM.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Castle quest for the NES.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    hardest game

I Wanna be the Guy Gaiden

but you were asking for MMO, so i'm off topic
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2013-01-09 at 11:54 PM.

battletoads lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

FFXI

could try Lineage 2 for a lengthy leveling grind where a death can de-level you.

This thread is proof that no one reads OP.

Oh my God, like seriously, he wrote one sentence and you all can't even...

Anyway, it seems to me that MMO's aren't very difficult. The majority of difficulty comes from lack of gear, which is false difficulty.

I personally think that WoW heroic raiding is some of the hardest things I've done, but that's just me.

Deleted
    SWTOR is difficult because a huge part of the community consists of bad players
    sorry to say that, but that's what i've experienced with the game...

"Hardest game" topic title.. asks about MMOs exclusively.. Get your topic titles right man!

The hardest MMO is probably EVE Online if you ask me. VERY long learning curve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Final Fantasy 11.
    FFXI wasn't all too hard as it was time consuming and you had to have a group for absolutely everything you do in the game. 2-3 hour boss fights where you are constantly subbing in new parties takes some serious coordination. I remember my first raid in WoW and I was like really? That was only like 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    "Hardest game" topic title.. asks about MMOs exclusively.. Get your topic titles right man!

The hardest MMO is probably EVE Online if you ask me. VERY long learning curve.
    I personally think that this is a test to mess with people's minds. :-)

/tinfoil hat

I totally forgot about EVE. While I've never played it, I have seen a bit of gameplay and it looked...very overwhelming. I can't nominate EVE simply because I haven't tried it, but I would think that it would certainly be up there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    FFXI

could try Lineage 2 for a lengthy leveling grind where a death can de-level you.
    yeah had this happen more than once where I died and de-leveled and couldn't equip half of my gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    FFXI

Same goes for FF11 too doesnt it?

Well most games these days are competitive, and you can't really call a competitive game harder than any other competitive game, since the difficulty is purely based off of the skill of the other player. WoW is actually the hardest gameplay I have experienced fighting the game itself. But I don't play many games like that, mostly competitive games. Halo 2 on Legendary was pretty hard!

EDIT: And by difficult im talking about how hard it is to simply complete your objective, not how unforgiving a game is, or a learning curve. Learning curve i'd have to go with Eve lol... Seems like an awesome game but I couldn't get into it due to it taking like 10 minutes to kill an enemy ship... and you couldn't input many commands it was mostly automatic (atleast at that low-end of ship was).
    Last edited by Vongimi; 2013-01-10 at 12:04 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    I personally think that WoW heroic raiding is some of the hardest things I've done, but that's just me.
    Raids in RIFT are like heroic raiding all day every day, many fights seemed to rank up near the hardest fights in WoW (however you rate that). Honestly if looking for a hard MMO I would either suggest RIFT or if you don't care about mind-numbing or even painful leveling FF11 or Everquest.

Same goes for FF11 too doesnt it?
    Could de-level in Everquest too.

FFXI wasn't all too hard as it was time consuming and you had to have a group for absolutely everything you do in the game. 2-3 hour boss fights where you are constantly subbing in new parties takes some serious coordination.
    Sounds exactly like how one makes a multiplayer cooperative game difficult.

Deleted
    Tibia https://secure.tibia.com/mmorpg/free...aying-game.php

Tibia isn't that hard, but it's very unforgiving ...
    a death is expansive, money and timewise ...
    on death you lose 10% of your overall xp ... on high levels that could mean you drop multiple levels when dying. (a friend once died on lvl 80 and dropped to 77) ...
    also you'll lose 10% of your skill progress, which will decrease your damage dealt. leveling up a weapon skill is time intensive ... going from e.g. Axe 90-91 required about 20 hours of PURE training (so no monster killing, and no experience for level up) ...

also you will lose your backpack which contains everything you carry with you except your armor.
    and last but not least you have a 10% chance on every single peace of armor, weapon or shield you're carrying and wearing to lose that too ...

that's pretty tough in a game where higher leveled characters move way faster and can attack you nearly EVERYWHERE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Sounds exactly like how one makes a multiplayer cooperative game difficult.
    It required 1 person coordinate with like 4-5 other people the fight mechanics were way easier than most of the WoW bosses then again it was open world and you had the added challenge of other "guilds" who could cause interference.