Thread: Anduin Wrynn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Whatever will happen needs to be fixed . The Horde and Alliance war is what the Blood Legion has waited for , now we are at our weakest point . Anduin Wrynn is the only one that does not judge anyone and we all need him to be strong and lead us to defeat the BL . Was Velen's vision of Anduin a joke ? ( hero in gleaming armor, leading not just the Horde and Alliance, but the dragons and naaru as well in a battle against the Burning Legion )

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 01:40 PM ----------

By the end of this Varian Wrynn is going to give his life for his son

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Velen did not restore the Sunwell out of good will, the blood elves seem to be important for the fight against the legion, his short story shows exactly how he thinks, which used to be very pragmatic.
    If he was pragmatic, he would not start being all friendly with windchimes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    The only time I thought Sylvanas should die, was to make the way for Forsaken Anduin to be the leader. The drama would be so rich you could drizzle it on pancakes.
    Now that would be a truly unexpected plot twist!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    If he was pragmatic, he would not start being all friendly with windchimes.
    If he would see the Naaru as ordinary beings maybe, but he regards them as the saviors of his race, maybe even as something akin to a god. His short story indicates pretty much that he wouldn't move unless it furthered the creation of the army of the light even though innocents suffered through his inaction, this might have changed through Anduins interference though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Failmuffins View Post
    Wow, I never quite realized how much the community came to hate Anduin. o.o I know he's a goody-two-shoes, but damn...

Anyways, I suppose he'll continue much like he has, but maybe with a bit more bitterness and resentfulness towards the Horde. If Jaina hadn't already have gone off the deep end, I may have liked to see him turn to the Shadow instead of the Light and take an aggressive stance towards the Horde... but that card's mostly already been played (Albeit with crazy tyrannical mage lady).
    That would give us some nice shadow priest lore!
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    That would give us some nice shadow priest lore!
    It would be even more bland, though.

Anduin is fast turning into a TV trope, just awaiting some Captain America enhancements and name change to either Mary Sue or Wolverine.

In contrast, I feel that the supporting cast tend to be more relatable as their stories and behaviour feel more natural and logical. In a world like Azeroth, being normal or "bland" actually makes you stand out...

Quote Originally Posted by spikess View Post
    Whatever will happen needs to be fixed . The Horde and Alliance war is what the Blood Legion has waited for , now we are at our weakest point .
    Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney Houston View Post
    Anduin is fast turning into a TV trope, just awaiting some Captain America enhancements and name change to either Mary Sue or Wolverine.

In contrast, I feel that the supporting cast tend to be more relatable as their stories and behaviour feel more natural and logical. In a world like Azeroth, being normal or "bland" actually makes you stand out...

Hehe.
    opps i meant burning legion lol

I'll be honest-- I've got a soft spot for the kid.

In the world of Azeroth where everyone's always shunting me around to do stuff pretty thanklessly or rudely, someone nice and complimentary is a bright spot in my questing, and his randomly spoken lines with the voice acting give him some personality.

Sure, he's not a very complicated character, but he's still likeable.

thx for putting sploirer in the topic title

I have to say, after completing the Dominance Offensive quests, the Alliance sure do have disproportionate reaction down.

-BEs steal bell in a bloodless mission.
    -Kill or exile the Sunreavers in Dalaran

-Destroy the bell, killing an orc in the process
    -Get mad that Anduin is injured and swear to kill Garrosh

Sounds like Garrosh has more mercy than Jaina. Let the QQ flow!
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Deleted
    Someone inform me of what happened? I had no idea Anduin got broke by Garrosh..

Quote Originally Posted by Sonç View Post
    Someone inform me of what happened? I had no idea Anduin got broke by Garrosh..
    It's kind of a spoiler. You should do the Dominance Offensive/Lion's Landing dailies for the scoop.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    It's kind of a spoiler. You should do the Dominance Offensive/Lion's Landing dailies for the scoop.
    Or watch it on Youtube. There are videos of both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I have to say, after completing the Dominance Offensive quests, the Alliance sure do have disproportionate reaction down.

-BEs steal bell in a bloodless mission.
    -Kill or exile the Sunreavers in Dalaran

-Destroy the bell, killing an orc in the process
    -Get mad that Anduin is injured and swear to kill Garrosh

Sounds like Garrosh has more mercy than Jaina. Let the QQ flow!
    Context matters. They wouldn't have been able to get the bell in a frontal attack, so they had to go all sneaky. I'm sure Garrosh would have been perfectly happy to just burn Teldrassil down if he could.
    Besides, the Sunreavers didn't get kicked out for that alone.

Also, they weren't just mad that Anduin got injured. That was just the tip of the iceberg. Garrosh did enough other things to ensure that they want to kill him anyway.

You sure have only looking at part of the story down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Jaina kills Varian, Anduin becomes the new king.
    I think this'll happen personally :P it'd be cool if jaina's hatred for the horde made her take sides with the burning legion or sha or something and kill varian before porting away or being the 'true' last boss of the siege of org or something like that and anduin takes his farther's place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Witcher game story is pretty weak compared to books to be honest.
    It's a matter of personal taste. The first part was great for a game, and average compared to the books. Yet the Alvin-Jacques thing was definitely a winning twist, when Geralt's words almost literally returned to bite him in the ass. But the story of Witcher 2 was a 100% jewel, best story I've seen in a game (and I've played a plenty of RPGs). As for the books, everything was awesome until it descended into Ziri's exploits. That damn emo supergirl. I like Geralt for being a rather simple man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Despite disagreeing with you in, like, a lot of threads I've seen you post in, the amount I agree with this sentiment makes up for all of it.
    I've come to believe there is this small clique of people who want to see all noted good guys in wow be killed, not because they are badly written (no more then any other character), but simply because such people can't identify with good guy characters and so want them to die.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I've come to believe there is this small clique of people who want to see all noted good guys in wow be killed, not because they are badly written (no more then any other character), but simply because such people can't identify with good guy characters and so want them to die.
    *cough* Verdugo *cough*

I actually really enjoy Anduin, he's one of the few GOOD guys in the story. Most are either evil, or anti-heroes. He's one of the few with no shades of grey on the good guy side.