10+ Year Old Account

Nostalgia is a bad thing.

So I'm sitting at work when a coworker sends me a youtube link on our chat program. I open it up during some downtime, and come to this:

You have no idea how bad I want this to be real again now.

This isn't a "BC is better than MoP" thread, it's a I miss the old times thread. Just wanted to state that before I'm thrown to the wolves for suggesting this.

Deleted
    plenty of private servers out there where you can almost revive those bc years

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the old loading screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    plenty of private servers out there where you can almost revive those bc years
    I have no idea how to access a private server honestly. :/

I miss that login screen, and the music was awesome too! I like MoP's login screen too, though. Just glad to be done with dragons. (betraaaaaays you)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Claiming nostalgia is bad, is a bad thing.

Using that pathetic word to discredit someones opinion of a game, is also a bad thing.
    I only claimed it to be "bad" because of 95% of this community chastising those who claim to love the past. By no means would I discredit someones opinion, or tell them they are wrong if they prefer Vanilla/tBC over MoP.

Nostalgia doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. If you were having a great time/deriving a good deal of enjoyment from playing the game, then of course you are going to attribute positive feelings with certain epochs of gameplay. It's when you let your evaluation of events become clouded by rose-tinted glasses or bias that nostalgia becomes negative.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Forgot about that login music -- and it was definitely bad-ass.

The TBC login screen music was great for sure, easily better than the ones from Cata and MoP. But WotLK's music was the best imo

10+ Year Old Account
    You have no idea how bad I want this to be real again now.

This isn't a "BC is better than MoP" thread, it's a I miss the old times thread. Just wanted to state that before I'm thrown to the wolves for suggesting this.
    I've done the "memory revival" on a private server and let me just tell you right now: DON'T DO IT.
    You will taint your memories and see all the things that were complete and utter garbage back in the day, but back then you thought they were the coolest things on earth...

Besides: Private servers are buggy as hell anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Nostalgia doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. If you were having a great time/deriving a good deal of enjoyment from playing the game, then of course you are going to attribute positive feelings with certain epochs of gameplay. It's when you let your evaluation of events become clouded by rose-tinted glasses or bias that nostalgia becomes negative.
    Exactly, and it annoys me to no end. I'm frequently nostalgic for certain aspects of my childhood, but to trade that for a lack of independence and the internet? No thanks.

Yeah. I think if I could play tbc without any knowledge of the game as it is today, maybe. Huge maybe. If anything it might just bring back the frustrations that I felt then. I enjoyed it to an extent, but when wrath came out I was burnt out enough to not even try it for a year.

That music... man... so good D:

Yeah, that was a pretty cool loading screen. I wish they gave you the option to pick whichever you wanted.

I also wish they let you pick the continent loading screens. I loved the older ones (again, back in TBC). The newer ones are just too cartoony for my taste (for a loading screen graphic).

Quote Originally Posted by DeeEss View Post
    Exactly, and it annoys me to no end. I'm frequently nostalgic for certain aspects of my childhood, but to trade that for a lack of independence and the internet? No thanks.
    And in some perverse twist of fate -- now that I can stay up as late as I want, I find myself seeking the solace of my pillow and covers no later than 11PM.