Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Most Annoying Kinds of Online Gamers

I came across this article which outlines the "9 Most Annoying Types of Online Gamers" and got a good kick out of it. After Playing WoW for the past eight years, I've certainly seen my fair share of all of them on the list and then some. (I've even admittedly shown signs of at least a couple.)

Besides the ones on the list, what other types of gamers do you always seem to bump into online, be it WoW or another game?

The "Perpetually In-Denial Addicts" are the ones that drive me nuts. If I don't like a game, I'll cut back or stop playing it. Nobody is forcing anyone to play a game, so why keep playing and complaining about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    The "Remember When" players. You know, the guys always talking about back in the day and how things were back in the day and how everything is inferior to back in the day.

Im totally a Vent Lingerer though. Ill hop in Vent/TS3 just to say hello to ppl while Im doing other shit or even playing other games. I cant help that I happen to play games with people who are cool even outside of a game =)

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    The "Remember When" players. You know, the guys always talking about back in the day and how things were back in the day and how everything is inferior to back in the day.
    I sorta kinda fall into that category. I'm not one of those people that's always saying things were better in the past, but I do like to reminisce!

10+ Year Old Account
    I go with
    "In Denial Addict". Just annoying as hell. Shut up, we get it.

Not on the list.

RAGE. I RAGE ALL THE TIME. RAAGGEEEEEE.
    I DIED TO YOU YOU N00Bh4x0rZ.
    or
    ALL LUCK, YOU JUST SUK!
    Especially in voice chats. -.-
    That kind of stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about the publisher of the article? Reading the Ventrilo Lingerer, they strike me as a sanctimonious prick.

That's the kind of person that I live to hate, forget annoying types of gamers! But I'm really not annoyed by most players I meet unless they're asking why melee DPS is low on Rhyolith or they have a very annoying problem with the sound of their microphone.

Maybe there's a type of gamer that complains about anything and everything incessantly, because that's all I can really think of.

tryhard-shit-talkers-who-cant-back-their-shit-up-because-they're-terrible are always present in everything but its fun to stomp their shit

vent/chat lurkers annoy me, just sitting idle listening in on conversations without contributing themselves makes me feel uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    I sorta kinda fall into that category. I'm not one of those people that's always saying things were better in the past, but I do like to reminisce!
    Haha, me too. To me, it's a huge part of the appeal of WoW; how much history I have with it. Having been here from 40 manning UBRS all the way to today, it's a wild ride

My least favorite people ever: Those unwilling to accept the truth and live in a fantasy world.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I go with
    "In Denial Addict". Just annoying as hell. Shut up, we get it.

Not on the list.

RAGE. I RAGE ALL THE TIME. RAAGGEEEEEE.
    I DIED TO YOU YOU N00Bh4x0rZ.
    or
    ALL LUCK, YOU JUST SUK!
    Especially in voice chats. -.-
    That kind of stuff.
    There's a link to "Part 2" of that article at the bottom, where the Rager is included

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancyfeast View Post
    There's a link to "Part 2" of that article at the bottom, where the Rager is included
    Ohhh didn't see that, >.>
    Welp, there's that too then!

Deleted
    most annoying ones for me are the attention whore ones, only met a few thankfully. and those guys that add you to their friends list after you had a really small interaction with them, and then say "hey" to you everytime you login. i dont want to be their friends.

also the "its just a game" people, just because its a game doesn't mean you cant try and win, they're just wasting their own time by not trying.

5. The Slutty Attention Whore!
    and
    6. The First Taste of Freedom

Edit: Didn't see the hyper link before. o.O
    What's funny is when people fall for it.

I think I would count as Draft Dodger. I don't mean it to be rude, but I also prefer doing my own things. :S
    Last edited by Libram; 2013-01-10 at 12:14 AM.

The "Draft Dodger" was my entire circle of players when Rift first came out. We all got hyped to get the game, everyone bought it, and then I was the only one who ever played the dang thing. Baffling.

I ran into a curious sort while playing City of Villains in the past. These folk would be rampant jerks and spout rudeness wherever they went, then justified it by saying "I'm playing a villain! I'm not supposed to be nice!". Extremely annoying... there's a big difference between role playing, or even behaving in a manner that suits the overall theme of the game, and just trying to scapegoat your rudeness.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "There are no new players in this game so I'm going to bash everyone who doesn't do things perfectly" type.

I hate those. Because, for one thing, there are ALWAYS new players (at least in WoW) and no one does things perfectly all the time.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    The "There are no new players in this game so I'm going to bash everyone who doesn't do things perfectly" type.

I hate those. Because, for one thing, there are ALWAYS new players (at least in WoW) and no one does things perfectly all the time.
    I hate that too. I try to be really nice in-game for that reason; you never know the circumstances of the person on the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancyfeast View Post
    I came across this article which outlines the "9 Most Annoying Types of Online Gamers" and got a good kick out of it. After Playing WoW for the past eight years, I've certainly seen my fair share of all of them on the list and then some. (I've even admittedly shown signs of at least a couple.)

Besides the ones on the list, what other types of gamers do you always seem to bump into online, be it WoW or another game?
    I am number 1. Since Wotlk, that is

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    The "Perpetually In-Denial Addicts" are the ones that drive me nuts. If I don't like a game, I'll cut back or stop playing it. Nobody is forcing anyone to play a game, so why keep playing and complaining about it?
    That pretty much sums it up for me.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I found myself becoming the "Get on my level now Ubernerd" at the end of Wrath and it carried somewhat into Cata. When I realized what an ASS I had been I left for 3 months to gain some perspective and came back with a new appreciation for the game and that I had more fun not always having to "be on the cutting edge."
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Man you could write at least another 9 based off just the kinds of people you find in random BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    You mostly find them on forums rather than in game. I guess because they've usually quit the game and for some reason can't stop posting about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.