View Poll Results: Loggin Screen customization?

Voters
72. This poll is closed
  • Yes

55 76.39%
  • No

17 23.61%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    since the addons only work once a character has logged in this is not going to be of any use ...

and although i guess that it's a pretty senseless addition to the game and the group of people that would care is comparably small i'd still vote yes
    And i'd chose the good ol' BC login screen :P
    So

I get that it could be a waste of time, how could I word it to Blizzard so that they can see maybe even a small amount of people would enjoy it =)?

And what could they do to make it appeal to a larger crowd?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by velspine View Post
    how could I word it to Blizzard so that they can see maybe even a small amount of people would enjoy it =)?
    you cannot ...

if you play Wow for about an hour you need less than 2 minutes on the login screen ... that's roughly 3% of the time you played the game ...
    thus being said: blizzard wants you to spend time within the game, not staring at the login screen...

and - i already said that - although i would find it cool to change to former expansions login screens i still don't see it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    you cannot ...

if you play Wow for about an hour you need less than 2 minutes on the login screen ... that's roughly 3% of the time you played the game ...
    thus being said: blizzard wants you to spend time within the game, not staring at the login screen...

and - i already said that - although i would find it cool to change to former expansions login screens i still don't see it happen.
    So perhaps they could maybe make it a project to help some aspiring game programmer to get experience and make it a project for them =)!

If I suggested that could that maybe get them to come up with something for their interns?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. More customization please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    time on login, screen aprox 8 seconds.
    Dont see why we should need an alternate logon screen.
    in fact I say do away with them altogether and use a win 2000 log on style box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so basically you only want people here who agree with you?
    What he is trying to say is that, with a customized login screen, it is more inviting for the player and puts them into a better mood, and you're going off about "why they should be happy?"

I happen to like the MoP login screen, but it always seemed silly to me that they don't let you select between them. I would've liked to change my login screen back in Wrath, I got so sick of it after a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well, for some weird reason, I clicked on a video in another thread here about the BC login screen and music and it was kinda weird how instantly I had memories of those days. Like falling asleep and getting logged out automatically and this music playing incessantly when I woke up. Stuff like that. SO, I would probably support such a thing.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I don't know if there even needs to be a login screen, why not log in in the launcher app?

You usually spend only a couple of seconds in that screen anyway, except nowadays when Blizzard servers lag and "Connected" stage of logging in takes significantly longer than in earlier expansions.
    yep ... i'm all out for a Blizzard Launcher in general ...
    1 single launcher you log in to and that keeps all your blizz games up2date. from there on you can launch any of the 3 major games ...

would be much nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i really dont see the point in it, unless of course you spend a lot of time on the login screen.
    Some people like to customize their Windows loading screen, even though they'll see it at most for 5 seconds per day. It is something that would be nice to have, but I wouldn't want to see even a trash mob in an instance not be made because somebody had to make the start-up screen customizable.

Deleted
    Oh look, an idea in mmo-champion that i actually like..

Miracles do happen .

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Oh look, an idea in mmo-champion that i actually like..

Miracles do happen .
    Isn't exactly a new idea though, people have been asking for this since they lost the Classic log-in screen in 2.0

Wasted dev time imo. I'm sure many will disagree though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Isn't exactly a new idea though, people have been asking for this since they lost the Classic log-in screen in 2.0
    First time i see it on mmo-champion as far as i remember.

And wether its new or not doesnt change the fact that i like it.

Bring your being negative somewhere else .

Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    Wasted dev time imo. I'm sure many will disagree though.
    Is probably something an intern could knock up in a couple of lunch breaks, how about that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this idea and I've wanted it ever since wotlk came around. It was a cool background but f*cking dragons D: Same with the cata one, MoP one looks good. No idea if I'd stick with the classic or TBC one if it ever happened. But I guess it won't anyway. Bit surprised to see people thinking it's wasted dev time, how long would it actually take to make? And they make a new background with new music for every expansion, that too would be wasted dev time but I don't see you complaining about that ;o
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I love this idea and I've wanted it ever since wotlk came around. It was a cool background but f*cking dragons D: Same with the cata one, MoP one looks good. No idea if I'd stick with the classic or TBC one if it ever happened. But I guess it won't anyway. Bit surprised to see people thinking it's wasted dev time, how long would it actually take to make? And they make a new background with new music for every expansion, that too would be wasted dev time but I don't see you complaining about that ;o
    Exactly this =)

Implementing this feature and attach unlockables through easy achievements could help take away development of the log in screens for every expansion by simply adding this feature that lets us CHOOSE what we would like =).

+Having an intern work on this and coming up with designs and unique backgrounds to unlock could be something interesting for them to work on to get basics of cinematic work or hi res loop screen work =)

I am pleased to see a majority of the people are actually enjoying this idea and builds up the courage to actually get this posted into the Suggestion/general forums of WoW!