Poll: Most Bland Class - Visually

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What Is The Most Visually Bland Class?

In your opinion, what do you think is the most bland/boring class to play, explicitly from a visual standpoint? Stuff like spell graphics/animations/weapon swings etc. Which one do you think needs the most love in that department from the devs?

I personally think it's the Rogue. What about you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue, probably. Or druid. There is little in the way of animations for a bear, for instance.

On the flip side, I hate paladins in arena. Not because they're hard to kill (they're not), but because they have so much shiny glitter and crap around them that they can blind your screen sometimes and you haven't a clue what is going on.

Druid, because you pretty much have to use the forms that look quite plain compared to our characters.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Warrior. Aside from bladestorm, there's nothing remotely exciting about any of their moves, visually. I suppose it's made up for by having the largest, single hits, of any class in the game.

Moonkin. Animations are weak, moonkin form is the same across the board, spell animation is horrendous. And transmog\armor look have no meaning.

Deleted
    Warriors do have a special attack animation for some abilities which no other class has. The slam animation. That looks quite cool.

Rogue. I'm semi-sorta okay with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Rogue, probably. Or druid. There is little in the way of animations for a bear, for instance.

On the flip side, I hate paladins in arena. Not because they're hard to kill (they're not), but because they have so much shiny glitter and crap around them that they can blind your screen sometimes and you haven't a clue what is going on.
    I especially liked Light of Dawn + Relic of Chi-Ji before they fixed it. Fucking blind everyone around you.

Deleted
    warriors and rogues are both boring, not really any magic spells so i vote them. after them 2 classes i say hunter and druid are close second. druids need more things like the polearm from firelands.

I think WoW needs a complete combat animation overhaul. But seeing how they just redid spell effects I assume that is on the list of things to do. Compared to other games out there now WoW melee just looks bland and awful. Also some characters just have terrible animations in general. Human females and 2 handers for example. It looks like she can hardly swing them. Then some look great like dual wield animations for both female Blood Elves and Draenei I think look great. But they need to flash all melee up....A LOT. Like monks but better.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Moonkin. Animations are weak, moonkin form is the same across the board, spell animation is horrendous. And transmog\armor look have no meaning.
    glyph of stars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

hehe, i hate elem shammies for the same reason, usually firing so much shit at you, i have no idea what im being hit with.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 10:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I think WoW needs a complete combat animation overhaul. But seeing how they just redid spell effects I assume that is on the list of things to do. Compared to other games out there now WoW melee just looks bland and awful. Also some characters just have terrible animations in general. Human females and 2 handers for example. It looks like she can hardly swing them. Then some look great like dual wield animations for both female Blood Elves and Draenei I think look great. But they need to flash all melee up....A LOT.

WoW animations look terrible becuase they havnt changed since release. i expect when we get new character models we will see new animations.

Any class that's not a hunter is a bland class!

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue, I voted.

Out in front, rogue it seems!

Deleted
    Who voted for mage?? :O

But i will say rogue, and then warrior.

As a friend of mine once said "Why the hell did I pick a rogue to play? What's the point of playing a fantasy game if you don't get pyro?" He rolled a resto druid after that. The conversation actually started by me complaining that my enhancement shaman's WF procs made some raid fight graphics hard to see, particularly since at the time there was no CD on the proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    seeing as i had replaced my rogue with a WW monk, i absolutely loved the melee animations on my monk. rogue needs some love...followed by warrior and some casters that dont have much in terms of spell animation like arcane mages and shadow priests...

Why cant I just copy my guild wars 2 spell effects and melee animations over into my WoW folder. Problem fixed.