Poll: Most Bland Class - Visually

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would say the top 4 bland class/specs are:

1. Feral/Guardian Druids, Cat and Bear forms get boring fast. They'd be the most boring class if Resto/Balance didn't save them. The only class/spec combo that I think truly makes me not want to play them because of the boring visuals.
    2. All Rogues, odd on this list though because they SHOULD be the most bland. Theoretically you should never see them, not for long at least.
    3. All Warriors only because Their armor tends to be flashier. Overall I think they look fine though some of their moves could be made a little more apparent for 3rd person view purposes.
    4. Hunters. Marks/BM are the blandest, Survival has some pyro. Traps mitigate some of the appearance blandness and makes it look pretty good overall. Like Rogues you really shouldn't see them much.
    5. Everything else. While Dks would probably be in this spot, I think they generally are just as flashy as they need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Why cant I just copy my guild wars 2 spell effects and melee animations over into my WoW folder. Problem fixed.
    Can't I just copy over my Norn Necro? :x

Pretty much the obvious answer is the rogue. Thematically they rely on stealth and deceit, neither of which lends itself to big, flashy, well-telegraphed attacks.

Hunter/Rogue.

I wish Blizzard would take a look at what some (while less sucessful) Asian MMOs do for those classes as far as animation goes. I really miss my Ranger from Aion because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues need to get some shadow effects going on when they attack. Hell shadow blades is just black mist around the fists. They should turn into shadow and get blades flying around them. (just for visual) . Before mop i would have said warriors but not they catch fire and leave fire behind every time they charge. Atleast my undead does front flips when it attacks sometimes.
    Aye mate

Hunters and Warriors. Yaaawn

Warlock imo
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues for sure. While Warriors animations are also boring, they make up for this slightly by being able to wield giant, badass weapons and shields. Rogues primarily just use boring little daggers and while there are some cool dagger models, they go mostly unnoticed unless you actually look closely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow priest. Apart from Flay and sear, all our attacks are invisible, because they don't have a projectile.

Druids in their animal forms
    Rogues
    Hunters

Although in general the game has a very limited amount of animations.

rogue definitely. which is good and bad. sometimes i hate my paladins disco sparkles.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter is not flashy when your projectiles are barely visible. Their only notable animation is beastial wrath, which is BM-only.

Rogue is a close second, though. But at least for them it fits the idea of being stealthy.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue hands down. How can you vote DK? Glyphed corpse explosion + Stormwind critters = awesomeness
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's rogue, but I feel that's the way a rogue should feel. Bland and under the radar.

However Pally and Shaman "Flashyness" could use a bit of a nerf if you ask me.
    Last edited by Amsden; 2013-01-10 at 12:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Shadow priest. Apart from Flay and sear, all our attacks are invisible, because they don't have a projectile.

agree. plus arcane mages with invisible nuke aka arcane blast. as far as locks, i know they used to have red skull appear over target for agony, but havent played mine in awhile so i dont know if that spell effect is still current. imo more spell effects in general would be nice, either via a projectile or a visible debuff on the target...i.e., destro lock casting immolate on target which is covered in flames.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd play my monk even if he didn't have all those fancy flashy effects, just the animations. I like many animations. Same goes to warrior.

But hunters' effects are lame. Shooting COBRAS? Complete nonsense. What about railgun trail, blood stains on enemies and puddles under them, various "shockwaves" on impact... nope. Hunters shoot damn snakes.
    Last edited by Haven; 2013-01-10 at 12:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I was hoping someone would say this because I agree. A nearly invisible puff of cloud around the head of a target is hardly exciting. That's pretty much the entire story for Mind Spike, Mind Blast, Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch and Devouring Plague. I love shadow and have played it for years now but it's not because of the spell visuals.

I guess while I'm at it, I think that Smite could use a rework. Holy Fire is fine. Smite? eh....Don't know much about what the heals look like
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Yeah... All in all, I'd have to say: Rogue is the blandest, most boring class in World of Warcraft.
    Immediately followed up by the mage. Sure, it has some sparklies, but it's not very variable in looks, it's slow, and it's... Well, boring. Still, rogues take the cake. And vanish away with it.

Deleted
    warriors imo.

Deleted
    Even as a rogue I do have to admit we're the most bland visually. Our PvE rotation is quite likely the most boring as well :P