10+ Year Old Account

looking for a Shadow Priest pvp guide/tactics/strategies

Hello all..as the a/m subject says...I've been looking for a good rich shadow priest pvp guide on how to encounter different classes but there isn't a good one at all...if someone cares enough and is pro please leave your guide here or give some pin points so we can have at least a thread of different ideas we can discuss.

P.s please don't write how to gear/talent choice/gem/enchant here because there are tons of guides on how to do so.

Hope this will help all the new/old shadow priest pvpers.

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Well talbadar stopped making vids, and I havent found another player with vids as good as his.
    But reinhart has started a priest alt he has 1 basic vid out that probs not new info for you but
    when he releases more vids they should be very informative
    Last edited by mmoc8e13fe598c; 2013-01-09 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thx for your reply. ..I really wanna be pro at pvp spriest but I need a good guide and ill carry on adapt from there. Well I hope we get some positive feedback from here.

Deleted
    I have the same problem, but I'm just watching alot of spriest streams for now, too learn from how they play, and then lots of practise until every damn skill is in your spine and motoristic reflexes xD

Watch Chromix streaming, he's rank 1 on Misery eu and really high quality streams, mostly english and they're VERY funny

Deleted
    Maybe try one of those sites where you pay a monthly fee for some info? Skill capped / etc. Personally when I was researching on how to play spriest in pvp I just watched lots of streams. I am better now and started my own youtube channel, it's not great but I am improving. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Suneca View Post
    Maybe try one of those sites where you pay a monthly fee for some info? Skill capped / etc. Personally when I was researching on how to play spriest in pvp I just watched lots of streams. I am better now and started my own youtube channel, it's not great but I am improving. =)
    Indeed, I found skill-capped to be a nice source for pvp information/tips (although I've only watched the free videos on their site). On topic, skill-capped has some really helpful videos that relate to priest. There's one in particular about class match up between a BM hunter and a Shadow Priest. Although the POV is from the hunter, I derived a lot of information on how to counter those hunters. It's a worthy site to check out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the replies mates...but we want some tips/guides like they all do for all other classes...please lets focus on topic and not from where can pay to get stuff...

How do you play your shadow priest? How do you encounter different classes/combos? How do you survive a warr/dk/ret pala etc...?

Lets make this thread our bible!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terresa View Post
    Thanks for all the replies mates...but we want some tips/guides like they all do for all other classes...please lets focus on topic and not from where can pay to get stuff...

How do you play your shadow priest? How do you encounter different classes/combos? How do you survive a warr/dk/ret pala etc...?

What's wrong with suggestions?
    You asked for help and people helping, if you want to make a bible you'll have to write it yourself, not many people will put the effort into it
    on a side note...

http://www.skill-capped.com/ - like people mentioned
    I've used it before and found a lot of useful information myself, it has decent guides for every class + arena, bgs guides too. It's cheap and worth it.
    Last edited by mmoc4077df5b21; 2013-01-10 at 01:45 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terresa View Post

Are you talking about arenas or duels?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltuzed View Post
    What's wrong with suggestions?
    You asked for help and people helping, if you want to make a bible you'll have to write it yourself, not many people will put the effort into it
    on a side note...

http://www.skill-capped.com/ - like people mentioned
    I've used it before and found a lot of useful information myself, it has decent guides for every class + arena, bgs guides too. It's cheap and worth it.
    I meant no offence in anyway...but what im looking for is more than just a website that I have to pay for why does every class has a free rich guide except for shadow priest? Maybe cause they are rare...im willing to write a bible but I need ideas from every player...anyways thanks for your time to leave a reply ...take care m8

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 03:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Suneca View Post
    Are you talking about arenas or duels?
    Hello...any tip/idea is more than welcome...lets see what you've got for us

15+ Year Old Account
    I was meaning to write up a pvp guide but didn't get around to it, I should probably just post youtube videos though... hmmmm, projects.....

What kind of information would you guys like to see videos about?

Would you want things like how to set up burst cycles/windows?

How to track offensive cooldowns to dispel, and defensive CC to dispel?

Would it be tricks like not getting sapped at the start of matches / helping your rogue score saps / death'ing out of CC / spectral guising (or shadowmelding) burst?

Would you want like, just a Line of Sight tutorial?

I could see a lot of ways to go with it I guess, just wondering which sorts of things would interest people the most.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-01-11 at 02:25 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    I would Like video's of situations that randomly accour in bg's and your thoughts and actions why you did it what you could of done better.
    or RBG's explain your reasons for what you did
    If you can afford it maybe trying out diffrent secondry stats just to see the out come xD
    Dual guides. some fun random stuff
    Trying out diffrent specs for fun and showing people you can have fun even with out cookie cutter builds
    And ofc the stuff you mentioned it's alot better in vids when you can see it

Also there Is no really populer priest youtuber you gives good pvp advise soo could even lift off!
    I watch cobrak,reinhart,swifty and hotted etc and it sucks not having a Spriest tuber with good infomation
    Last edited by mmoc8e13fe598c; 2013-01-11 at 05:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I was meaning to write up a pvp guide but didn't get around to it, I should probably just post youtube videos though... hmmmm, projects.....

What kind of information would you guys like to see videos about?

Would you want things like how to set up burst cycles/windows?

How to track offensive cooldowns to dispel, and defensive CC to dispel?

Would it be tricks like not getting sapped at the start of matches / helping your rogue score saps / death'ing out of CC / spectral guising (or shadowmelding) burst?

Would you want like, just a Line of Sight tutorial?

I could see a lot of ways to go with it I guess, just wondering which sorts of things would interest people the most.
    That will be great bro...videos of burst damage, how and when to use ccs, how to kill healers or at least give them the hardest time to heal their partners, how and when to dispell, videos on how to beat different classes...would really appreciate your efforts into this....and above all make sure to leave your commentary on every single detail so we can understand thoroughly....

Thanks in advance and please please let me know how I can help you with anything u need.

Whats ur utube channel? Or ur twitter account?

the key to shadow is the key to most ranged classes and there loads of things:

cc chains
    using proper voice comms
    bursting together
    dispelling buffs
    multi dotting/(when not to)
    halo for stealth break/healing
    off healing
    mana management
    life grips
    having formed tactics for the comps u play against, i.e. not just randomly playing how u feel
    using your cc/defensives cds in a set planned way i.e not randomly.. think paladin bubbles you if hes out of cc, else disperse. not O SHIT disperse.
    maximising gcds(i.e casting as much as possible)
    using procs correctly, ie storing MS/MB if your getting close to 3 orbs to organise burst.
    using trinket for maximising dmg/ dot re-spread on trinket/devouring plague/shadowfiend on trinket/procs.

errrmm theres some places to start!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    the key to shadow is the key to most ranged classes and there loads of things:

cc chains
    using proper voice comms
    bursting together
    dispelling buffs
    multi dotting/(when not to)
    halo for stealth break/healing
    off healing
    mana management
    life grips
    having formed tactics for the comps u play against, i.e. not just randomly playing how u feel
    using your cc/defensives cds in a set planned way i.e not randomly.. think paladin bubbles you if hes out of cc, else disperse. not O SHIT disperse.
    maximising gcds(i.e casting as much as possible)
    using procs correctly, ie storing MS/MB if your getting close to 3 orbs to organise burst.
    using trinket for maximising dmg/ dot re-spread on trinket/devouring plague/shadowfiend on trinket/procs.

errrmm theres some places to start!
    Ty for your reply it is helpful I will keep what you said in mind...
    What's your usual opener? When do you use your fears? Do you use them offensively or defensively? How do you burst?

Thanks for your reply again

10+ Year Old Account
    I would also be interested as well in something like this.

Actually, I joined the forum to follow this post more closely!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadhouse View Post
    I would also be interested as well in something like this.

Actually, I joined the forum to follow this post more closely!
    I have actually left this post open in my browser for like a week now trying to remind me to do it. Mostly I have spent this time fidgeting with my UI trying to make it ready for public judgment. I'm incredibly vain about my UI, despite it receiving a pretty high degree of interest when I show it off - it's almost ready...

I do have an arena game filmed and I should do commentary for it this weekend, or film more matches and then do the commentary.

<self-flagellates> Posting this weekend, sorry for delays! ^^
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I have actually left this post open in my browser for like a week now trying to remind me to do it. Mostly I have spent this time fidgeting with my UI trying to make it ready for public judgment. I'm incredibly vain about my UI, despite it receiving a pretty high degree of interest when I show it off - it's almost ready...

I do have an arena game filmed and I should do commentary for it this weekend, or film more matches and then do the commentary.

<self-flagellates> Posting this weekend, sorry for delays! ^^
    Would love it if you do so...

Please keep us updated on this page/post.

Thanks a bunch.