10+ Year Old Account

Double Agent Achive

I have 5 level 90's of different classes achive...I want to get double agent achive but really don't want to level a horde toon from 1 to 90....if I take one of my level 90 toons whom is exalted in the guild I belong too and pay the faction change to change her from alliance to horde and not join any guild on horde side...then 3 days later faction change her back too Alliance and get back in my guild will she get back her exalted status with said guild?

10+ Year Old Account
    ... You're considering wasting $70 (or the equivalent amount in euros) for an achievement?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    ... You're considering wasting $70 (or the equivalent amount in euros) for an achievement?
    Yeah its my money my account...I just want to know if I can do what I asked...I don't need to be made fun of just cause I want to do this.....or judged for it....

Hello again Bjomolf,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your thread – this actually isn’t something that we have specific information about, so I’ve been trying to find out for you, but for now I’ll give you the answer we believe to be correct (based on how our Character Services work in conjunction with guild reputation) and I’ll also try and send off for clarification so that I can let you know if we hear any different as a result.

So, as far as we’re aware, your guild reputation should remain ‘attached’ to your character (but invisible) when you perform a Faction Change or Character Transfer, and would then only be lost permanently if you decided to join another guild (thereby ‘replacing’ this value with a new one).

This means that we think it might potentially be possible to do as you said… perform a Faction Change, spend a short time on the opposing faction, and then Faction Change back within the requisite time in order to rejoin your original guild and regain your previous reputation.

If it’s very important, however, I’d like to make clear that this unfortunately isn’t something we can guarantee without additional information from our teams in the US, so I’ll post again if and when I hear back.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Im sorry but I have to agree with Validity,

But, I imagine, you'll retain the achi but lose the points, or keep the points and not the achi, wasn't there a question like this to do with mounts or something a year or so ago? where someone wanted faction change, get exalted, get the mounts faction change back,

Or you might just keep the point and the achi, and if you ever do level horde character, you'll just get the achi again without points,

But I will say this, since heirloom aren't bound to faction, give leveling a horde character a go, when I did my first one, whos now my best geared character, I was dreading it but wanted to do it, just so I had one, the community was completely different, the leveling zones were a laugh, now with the cata revamp its even more fun than Alliance characters from my PoV, I would give it a go before you seriously consider spending that much

Edit

No idea how I miss read your entire post lmao, sorry tired , dude this is even easier, buy on your alliance character an Epic tabard, send it to a horde alt, you'll be exalted with a guild before level 30, just by questing I've recently done it when I was leveling two horde chars, one from 85-86 and a bit, hit exalted and a low level one on another server
    Last edited by Rotted; 2013-01-10 at 12:23 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    while i agree its your money and youre more than entitled to do with it as you see fit it seems a bit pricey to do just for achievement points. does it even give you a title?

If u want to minimize any achievement lost, why not xfer the one who has least done or accomplished stuff outta your 5 90's. Also, losing guild rep isn't huge as doing almost a few wk's worth of anything with your guildies will make you exalted (don't forget the tabard). You shouldn't lose much if you are neutral with them, and should be able to get back the necessary rep for anything in the next patch.

I see a few options considerably cheaper than the faction change (do it if you want tho ).

1) roll monk. if you have room, use the same server your mains are on, so you can mail heirlooms. combine that with the daily/every 10lvl xp quest, you'll get 90 in no time
    2) roll a dk. start at 55 and no worries. (this can be done on any server... esp since the achieve does not specify that all toons for the achieve need to be on the same server)

personally, I'd go monk. esp if you farm up several of the xp elixir things from the one rare out in Dreadwastes (300% xp on top of all other xp buffs.... nom nom nom)

Im not entirely sure but, I think you need to *level* to 90, since it says "reach 90 on both an Alliance and Horde character". I could be wrong though. It just seems a bit too simple to xfer, but I guess its possible but rather pricey. Your call though.

Yes you'll get the achievement.

Dumbest Thread 2012

By fizzysid (510 – 1·15) on 2012/10/13 (Patch 5.0.5) Report
    I can confirm that this achievement can be earned by faction-changing a lvl 90.

I switched back to horde today on my level 90 priest after a brief jaunt to alliance (I wanted to try MoP from both sides). The faction transfer processed, I chose my new race, logged in, and to my surprise, an achievement popped up straight away.

Just thought it would be worth mentioning!

Edit: You do not have to have two level 90s either. If you hit 90 on a horde toon (no lvl 90 alts) then switch it to alliance, you'll get the achievement. If you already have the achievement, you will not lose it by faction changing. The achievement is account-bound.
    got this from wowhead.
    do what you feel.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Not all wow players are basement dwellers or underachievers...

Deleted
    Should work, got mine when xferring my death knight to horde when I transferred guilds early mists.

Kept my Double Agent from transferring -> Horde to Ally on my main
    Do not have any other max level alts.

Don't waste money on this... That is what Blizzard are counting on. They put such stuff in to milk their players. D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Don't waste money on this... That is what Blizzard are counting on. They put such stuff in to milk their players. D:
    Makes no sense. Just level one of each and you will not have to pay

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Makes no sense. Just level one of each and you will not have to pay
    Gives the option to "flip" between factions for "cheaper" auctions/more gold making :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    Not all wow players are basement dwellers or underachievers...
    Money is still money and it's quite stupid to throw it at a +10 on a video game.