10+ Year Old Account

Assassins Creed Fan Thread

Hello everyone. May the father of understanding guide us.

This thread is for all things Assassins Creed related.

A brief plot summary for the new and curious.
    The First game begins with Desmond Miles captured by a corporation called Abstergo Industries. He is forced into a machine called the animus which forces him to live the lives of his ancestors.

The First game:
    Al'tair Ibn La Ahad, a crusader era assassin has fails his mission and breaks the creed of the assassins in the process. He is then by his master forced to redeem himself and has to kill 9 people. 9 people who so happen to be linked to the Knights Templar.

The Second game: 3 parts: 2, Brotherhood, Revelations.
    The second game you are still Desmond continuing on his adventure. He now lives through the life of Ezio Auditore Da Firenze, a young man who lives in the Italian renaissance. His father and brothers killed. He learns of his families history. He is an Assassin. He continues through his life fighting those who killed his family, the Knights Templar. He encounters all of the famous names in Italian history. Some are allies, many are Templars. His journy even brings him to the capital of all things Ottoman.

The Third game:
    Its too new for me to totally spoil here but you get art

In this thread discuss everything. the games, the books, the comics, everything

At the end of each post I have one rule.

Place an (A) for Assassin
    OR
    Place a (T) for Templar

example:
    I love Genn Greymane he is awesome

(T)
    ____

This is to show your true allegiance.

Rumors:
    Assassins 4 *if titled 4* might take place in China. Although if they copy what they did with 2. One can assume we will see Connor at the french revolution. The game did have a few subtle hints.

Remember your order. Obey its commands

Let me begin the discussion. Best Assassins Creed game? 3 hands down

(T)
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-01-10 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

Let me begin the discussion. Best Assassins Creed game? 3 hands down

(T)
    Just no.

AC:Brotherhood.
    Ezio is a thousand times better than Connor in every single way.
    The only thing 3 had going for it was a decent antagonist

(a)

10+ Year Old Account
    3 had a compelling story line, tons of new elements, and even more side stories than brotherhood even had. Connor was also an amazing character and u get as much out of him as u did ezio except connor only needed 1 game

also callin it now

french revolution next game starrin connor

(T)

also i loved brotherhood too, but 3 takes the cake. combines the best of 2's story and brotherhoods missions

3 had a compelling story line, tons of new elements, and even more side stories than brotherhood even had. Connor was also an amazing character and u get as much out of him as u did ezio except connor only needed 1 game

also callin it now

french revolution next game starrin connor

(T)

also i loved brotherhood too, but 3 takes the cake. combines the best of 2's story and brotherhoods missions

What the hell are you talking about?
    Connors motives were all over the place.
    I MUST STOP THE MAN THAT BURNED DOWN MY VILLAGE.
    Actually Connor, that was me....woopsie
    HE STILL MUST PAY

The plot was predictable, and Desmonds story was just poorly finished. They dropped the ball hard.
    The game had two tutorials (Connors was totally pointless and just padded the game with boring nothing. HIDE AND SEEK YAAAAAAAAY)
    Last edited by pickley; 2013-01-10 at 02:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt go into predictable plots. Other than the wtf ending nothing really suprised me in 1-2.75

but haythem being a templar

also tutorials are never fun, but i knew it was coming. i read early on in the development it would try not to just assume uve played before
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-01-10 at 02:29 AM.

I wouldnt go into predictable plots. Other than the wtf ending nothing really suprised me in 1-2.75

Would have been a much bigger impact if it had happened at the end of the game.
    Haytham would have been a much better main character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haythem should have his own game

But i loved Connor his personality was great. He was a great character with great convictions.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 02:37 AM ----------

just the amount of gameplay in 3 makes it the best to me

i loved the ship battles, every single side mission, my own little town

i did miss the old money making system though

and i heard the dlc with washington is awesome

=
    But i loved Connor his personality was great. He was a great character with great convictions.
    No. Not at all.

Connors literally only motivation to hate the templars is A random "spirit" tells him he must . His only reason to hate Charles Lee is Charles apparently burning his town down. When its proven Charles didnt, he still hates Charles. Instead of hating the person responsible

Every time Connor kills a templar they start telling him why they were right They actually were right, their motives were what Connor was actually fighting for... But each time Connor just blasts it away with FREEDOM FREEDOM FREEDOM and ignores what they are actually saying

Connor is hands down the worst main character of 2012

10+ Year Old Account
    the templars just want control thats all they ever wanted
    they did not care for the freedom of the colonists obviously

and connor becomes bitter towards the end. he knows there is still plenty to do

plus connor is like in his early 20s by the end of the game hes going to be very naive

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 03:00 AM ----------

the only times i really noticed character differences was doing the sea missions

where he gets pissed at ppl he does not know

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If both of your arguments are to sway the opinion of the other, then you are figuratively "Preaching to an atheist". I'm also going to go with the original AC1 because of the potential it created and "horsing" around in Kingdom fighting swarms of collected enemies was epic; I do and shall love the rest.
    Anywho! Methinks I'll finally pick up Revelations and AC3 and bar myself from leaving the man-cave until I have completed them.

*Dons the Red Bucket Helm*
    (T)
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DownButStillOut View Post
    If both of your arguments are to sway the opinion of the other, then you are figuratively "Preaching to an atheist". I'm also going to go with the original AC1 because of the potential it created and "horsing" around in Kingdom fighting swarms of collected enemies was epic; I do and shall love the rest.
    Anywho! Methinks I'll finally pick up Revelations and AC3 and bar myself from leaving the man-cave until I have completed them.

*Dons the Red Bucket Helm*
    (T)
    revelations was alright, its the worst out of them all imo.... but the others... are amazing so its really hard to say revelations was that bad

it just felt liked a large dlc rather then a full game.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 04:22 AM ----------

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 04:25 AM ----------

10+ Year Old Account
    I preferred AC2 and Brotherhood. Can't choose which I liked more.

I liked some parts of AC3, such as naval combat and some of the combat parts, but I disliked quite a few stuff, such as the horrible Frontier map, and how Desmond pretty much made the Templar choice at the end. I did enjoy most of the Desmond missions though.

Considering how it ended, it wouldn't surprise me if they eventually made a modern day AC.

10+ Year Old Account
    ALL OF THE SPOILERS!

the templar choice would have been the other one imo

starting over with a new world vision where you are in control. sounds templar to me

no idea how to blank it soooooooo its hidden in the middle for those who scroll down. you will totally miss it