Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    This is kinda a silly argument...its not like affliction has a lot of major glyphs and we have to make hard choices, especially with soul shards going baseline.

Now instead of
    Soul shards + 2 optional glyphs

its at worse:
    3 optional glyphs
    and at best, UA + 2 optional glyphs

I'll certainly take it for PvE, even if i can cast while moving, its obviously going to be a small dps increase as its more time spent on channeling MF/Soul drain instead of recasting spells.

Deleted
    My current UA Cast time is 1.4s, this Glyph will make it 1.05s, meaning I'll have more GCD's over the course of a long arena or BG GIVEN i'm not SB:SS.
    But your GCD will still be at 1.4s, you won't have more casting time available.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-01-10 at 04:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    thanks, finally a more known player says it, because people keep saying u get more time casting mg.maybe they will believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    And this is exactly why I believe it is a glyph aimed at pvp not pve.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoxy View Post
    thanks, finally a more known player says it, because people keep saying u get more time casting mg.maybe they will believe you.
    I agree; it's mediocre at best. I don't understand why the dev team is wasting their time on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Femto1 View Post
    I agree; it's mediocre at best. I don't understand why the dev team is wasting their time on this.
    It's not mediocre, it's huge for PvP. PvE isn't the only part of the game, so stop being so myopic.

UA used to be a ~0.9s cast for me in s11. Now it's a 1.4 second cast (since they removed Eradication among other things.) I'm glad to see it going down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    It's not mediocre, it's huge for PvP. PvE isn't the only part of the game, so stop being so myopic.

UA used to be a ~0.9s cast for me in s11. Now it's a 1.4 second cast (since they removed Eradication among other things.) I'm glad to see it going down again.
    I don't think it's myopic to say that this glyph is ridiculous even for PvP considering there are much greater issues at hand than the cast time of UA. I think that being happy about this but the other problems being untouched is more myopic than my previous statement.

I don't think it's myopic to say that this glyph is ridiculous even for PvP considering there are much greater issues at hand than the cast time of UA. I think that being happy about this but the other problems being untouched is more myopic than my previous statement.
    A lower cast time on UA makes it more feasible to hard-cast which in turn means less Shards spent on SB:SS and more on Haunt.

I agree there's a myriad of problems that plague Affliction but nonetheless from a perspective of a PvPer, it's a good glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    A lower cast time on UA makes it more feasible to hard-cast which in turn means less Shards spent on SB:SS and more on Haunt.

I agree there's a myriad of problems that plague Affliction but nonetheless from a perspective of a PvPer, it's a good glyph.
    I'm not saying that it's not better than what we've got for Affliction PvP. Perhaps I should've said from the start, I'd prefer the Dev team work on bigger solutions rather than wasting time on this glyph.

I'm not saying that it's not better than what we've got for Affliction PvP. Perhaps I should've said from the start, I'd prefer the Dev team work on bigger solutions rather than wasting time on this glyph.
    You realise these things take about 10 seconds to change, right?

I'm pretty sure their intent was "How do we help affliction PvP" which is a very big issue for the class, given how many PvPers want affliction back.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread makes me think that none of you played warlocks in cata. Essentially the same glyph was in game back then. It was a major tool for affliction pvp back then and it's clearly needed again. It was also a very minor dps increase back then and was only used in pve cause nothing else was available.

It won't be mandatory, especially since the pve dps increase will be less than 1k, aka sub 1%. Soul shard glyph was mandatory and 100% of affliction locks took it, hence it was removed. Burning ember glyph wasn't mandatory, but it felt that way, hence the removal.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 08:02 PM ----------

This glyph was already in game in cata so I don't know how it would have any kind of impact on development time to put it back in.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 08:04 PM ----------

Not to mention it's a huge QoL change and significant buff for affliction pvp.

Deleted
    yes its good for pvp but i dont understand how people think this is a pve buff. gcd + pandemic is the reason. you cast faster, but you have to wait your gcd anyways. and as long as you refreh dot under 50% duration its not important if you cast it <gcd. it wont give you 1k dps. nice in pvp, but not mandatory in pve in my opinion. or maybe im really having a brain lag and dont see something, that alot of you are seeing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potente View Post
    ^^^ this
    /10char

Infracted for spam.
    Sup with the infraction spams?

On topic: there used to be a similar glyph and I'm pretty sure it also reduced the gcd, even though the tooltip did not mention it:

http://old.wowhead.com/spell=57276/g...ble-affliction

Deleted
    And how exactly could you have GCD at 1 sec and UA at 1.3 sec ?
    They are both at 1.5 sec without haste.

Deleted
    • The new Glyph of Unstable Affliction reduces the cast time, but does not affect the GCD. Thus, it is not a DPS gain in a purely Patchwerk situation, but makes it harder to be interrupted, and allows you to start moving again slightly faster.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-bonus-issues/