Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wonder how the charged mushrooms work.
    On live a single mushroom blooms for around 10K for one person.
    Let's say I have 400K HP and I have one mushroom fully charged up.
    If the mushroom bloom and hit a person, will it heal for 400K+8K, or it will heal for 400K/6 + 10K?
    I tend to think that it would be the latter case as the former case is just too good.
    I also wonder if the cap is shared by 3 mushrooms.(I think it should).

I don't have access to ptr. Please help to test it and post the results.

So mushrooms still need the raid to stack up to be useful.
    It also take time to charge up which means raid movment will be a pain..
    Doesn't seem to solve the difficulties that druids are facing.

To me the greatest weakness of druids is that we don't have the right tool for raid heal when the raid is spread out.
    We are down to rejuv which heals slow and tend to overheal a lot.
    And the problems of shrooms are that they take 3 gcds to setup and are inefficient when the raid is spread out or having a lot of movement.

I don't like this idea.
    It would be better to reduce the shroom to one at a time, increase the bloom raduis to 15-20 yards and increase it's cd.

And no, I don't think a burst heal of 500K like this every 30s is THAT "op".
    dpriests got spirit shell on a 1min cd which absorbs like 1m+ damage 'cause it doesn't need the raid to stack up and is absorption.
    Even if it got nerfed to 90s cd, it is still better than the buffed shrooms.

Deleted
    I can already see the pain in my raiders faces when I call "all run into the shrooms!" for the 200th time, nobody really knows where they are and total confusion breaks loose. As to how strong they will become, it seems like you need to use them now to do competetive hps and thus you need to pester your raid constantly to stand in them. I dont like this.

Just to make sure: Is it definitely so, that the shrooms only charge up while they are planted? Or will you also charge them when you havent actually planted them and just your next detonation will get buffed? Any PTR players having infos?
    Last edited by mmocf4dad66cad; 2013-01-10 at 07:11 AM.

Fellow raiders gonna love the extra minutes before each pull so they can be pre-set and charged to max for early usage on certain fights :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zens View Post
    Fellow raiders gonna love the extra minutes before each pull so they can be pre-set and charged to max for early usage on certain fights :-)
    that would be easy to fix by blizzard if they only allowed the charge during combat.

On a other note, i hope the shrooms actually get bigger when charged. upto like 75% of a humans body, or. basicly 100% of a gnomes length :P
    That being said, they could also just increase the bloom range so it doesnt matter that much, to say 20/30 yards?

I took them as far as I could, PTR servers are bugging a lot. http://i.imgur.com/neOqn.jpg

At that point my shrooms had 1.3m healing "stored", so you could expect them to be 1/4 of that size at full power.

Deleted
    ROFL! look at the size of those buggers :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperactive View Post
    that would be easy to fix by blizzard if they only allowed the charge during combat.
    Just makes it a bit more annoying to take the last thrash mop to the boss room and let him alive untill shrooms are charded, well yeah, i guess one could find ways to prevent it (all shrooms explode at start of boss fights... or so), but i was more thinking of clever usages of them... i mean basically it is like pre-hotting :-)

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish the increased size would increase the range of it....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperactive View Post

On a other note, i hope the shrooms actually get bigger when charged. upto like 75% of a humans body, or. basicly 100% of a gnomes length :P
    That being said, they could also just increase the bloom range so it doesnt matter that much, to say 20/30 yards?
    They do get bigger :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zens View Post
    Just makes it a bit more annoying to take the last thrash mop to the boss room and let him alive untill shrooms are charded, well yeah, i guess one could find ways to prevent it (all shrooms explode at start of boss fights... or so), but i was more thinking of clever usages of them... i mean basically it is like pre-hotting :-)
    Or like holy pallies stacking absorbs on the tank before the pull, or old sub rogues asking for heals to get 5 combo points :P

Quote Originally Posted by insanedruid View Post
    I wonder how the charged mushrooms work.
    On live a single mushroom blooms for around 10K for one person.
    Let's say I have 400K HP and I have one mushroom fully charged up.
    If the mushroom bloom and hit a person, will it heal for 400K+8K, or it will heal for 400K/6 + 10K?
    I tend to think that it would be the latter case as the former case is just too good.
    I also wonder if the cap is shared by 3 mushrooms.(I think it should).
    if each of them stores overheals separately and each of them then blooms for 10k + 400k it gives nice healing of 1230k/[number of players healed].
    it s freaking good .

fully blown they would heal 10 men for 123k each, which is pretty good raid CD.
    I think they should be transparent, cos the size they will get to is ridiculous.

anyway, I love the idea

I think having a 400k + heal on the first shroom pop is pretty huge, granted charging another set up will take sometime. Might make the shrooms a lot better if they work it off all hot overhealing but reduce it to 75% of the druid's health or even 50%.
    I wonder if the shrooms heal is split among the # of ppl it hits. It will be a lay on hands if it doesn't split.
    Whether shroom is viable on heavy movement fights, why argue when your one of the better healers on heavy movement fights.

15+ Year Old Account

They obviously are bugged and storing more than 100% of your health. The tooltip is hard to read, but the tooltip on each shroom shows how much healing is stored.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

1m healing per person seems reasonable.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 10:18 AM ----------

Oh, I bet Mushrooms will double dip Mastery/Crit. Hmm.

So, how does this actually work, with stacking up?

Let's say max hp of 410K (meaning you can store 400K healing).
    Is that 400K healing in each shroom, meaning 1.2M healing total?
    Is that overhealing spread between the three shrooms, or multiplied? Say my rejuv ticks for an average of 18K, will I need 1200/18=66 ticks to fill the shrooms, or will each shroom get 18K added to their healing done per tick (so essentially 1200/54=22 ticks).
    What is the "cap" on healing, and how is it divided out? normal AOE's starts to diminish after 10 persons (I think?), so say, a holy radiance will heal for 15K per target, up to 10 persons, for a total of 150K - if only 5 targets are near, you'll get healed for 75K and waste half of the potential. If 20 persons gets hit, it heals for 7.5K per target.
    Does shrooms work in the same way? or do they expend all their healing dependant on the target? say, one person stands close to a 400K shroom, will it heal him for 40K (1/10th potential) or 400K?

Irregardless, it seems fairly lackluster on most fights currently. I mean, I *guess* it could be allright for feng, elegon shekzeer, ambershaper, Lei shi and protectors. But the rest of the fights? Too much irregular movement to determine where the group will be in say, 2 minutes. Could get some burst on tsulong for day phase, but you'd probably not even overheal alot, with how intense night phase is.

Deleted
    My real question here is this:
    (i know its a old thing but still I never understood this part, care to explain? thanks!)(tbh I don't even understand this on live alas on the new ptr... silly retarded mechanic imo)
    "Other Wild Mushroom abilities can target these mushrooms for additional effects."
    and its no longer just balance and resto... so... maybe this means that guardians and ferals now will have mushrooms to place (but not blow) and we can use them aswell as overhealing recyclers? do we blow ALL the shrooms? do feral/guardian shrooms boost our own?
    I don't have time to go on the PTR, anyone can help out? thanks in advance.

I just don't get where there heads were at with this. Out of all the things they could have done this may be one of the stranger. We really didn't need another raid cooldown I won't complain about something from relatively nothing as mushrooms were an after thought something I put down prepull and would maybe get to blowing up but this has to be the most situation cooldown I can think of offhand.

If I get this right its only good if you plant the shrooms in the right spot and only good after a period of time powering up on your overheals. It's good that they recognize our overhealing but this wasn't the answer and I think putting it into a mechanic like this is a slap in the face.

I'm more than a little upset at this revelation after what they hinted at.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastest View Post
    I just don't get where there heads were at with this. Out of all the things they could have done this may be one of the stranger. We really didn't need another raid cooldown I won't complain about something from relatively nothing as mushrooms were an after thought something I put down prepull and would maybe get to blowing up but this has to be the most situation cooldown I can think of offhand.

If I get this right its only good if you plant the shrooms in the right spot and only good after a period of time powering up on your overheals. It's good that they recognize our overhealing but this wasn't the answer and I think putting it into a mechanic like this is a slap in the face.

Have you not seen how frequently damage goes out on some heroic fights? Garalon? I would cry tears of joy if our Resto Druid had this kind of on-demand burst healing right now. I honestly think if Blizzard does overheal mushrooms properly, it could rival Spirit Shell.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastest View Post

I think they want to fix the problem of rejuv being overhealing a lot and shrooms being not too attractive for all the trouble casting it.
    AND gc said he doesn't want us to use shrooms on cd...
    So they come up this strange idea which I don't think it solve any of our problems.....

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they're on the right track, but it still needs some work.