Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Patch 5.2 PTR - Build 16446

Brewing: Tigereye Brew For each 3 Chi you consume through use of abilities and attacks, you gain a charge of Tigereye Brew.

Storm, Earth, and Fire The Monk splits, summoning an spirit to attack the target. The Monk can split into up to 2 elemental spirits at a time. Whenever the Monk deals damage, The spirits will attack their targets and mirror your damaging abilities. However, for each elemental spirit summoned the Monk's own damage will be reduced by 20%. The elemental warriors will last until the Monk cancels the effect or their target dies.

1 Spirit Summoned - Monk and spirit deal 60% of the Monk's normal damage.
    2 Spirits Summoned - Monk and spirits deal 40% of the Monk's normal damage.

The elemental spirits will last until the Monk cancels the effect or their target dies or is otherwise unavailable.

Now costs 10 energy.

---

What do you think about these changes? (The SEF change is just a tooltip change).

EDIT: Added Illitti's post for some more information regarding Storm, Earth and Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Illitti View Post

Some notes:
    -You can only summon one spirit per target, but (currently) you CAN attack the target of your spirit
    -Order of spirits summoned (and a form you take personally) seems to be random
    -Your spirits retain your race and some gear
    -Spirits always autoattack their target even if you don't, and they have Tiger Strikes just like you
    -They can mirror your SCK and their SCK hits all targets nearby

Updates:
    -Tried to duel a player, you can target a player but it won't let you attack it
    -SCK is the only AOE tested, but that didn't do any damage
    -Spirit was damaged by something once, probably Swift Reflexes
    -Currently there's a bug that spirits won't keep you in combat, which lets you mount up and spirits will try to chase you instead of attacking their target, if you dismount they'll stand still and do nothing until dispelled
    Last edited by mmoc381200fbbc; 2013-01-10 at 06:14 AM.

saw these coming. I think Tigereye will be in a good spot now.

Storm, Earth, and Fire seems good, not too op as it was first implied. You're either attacking one target for 100% damage, 2 targets, 60/60=120%, or 3 targets 40/40/40 = 120%, pretty close to blade flurry and really only seeing it more viable in PVE

I assume it will only copy abilities and not auto attacks? (damaging abilities)

Saw the TEB one coming. Well sort of, my first guess was they are going to change it to 3 stack, but then I thought buff the damage and make it 4 stacks would be better. Either way, I expect a nerf to stack generation.

Just test Earth, strom, Fire on PTR.
    It makes element clone. You are a random element.
    They do autoattack.
    To cancel it, you just need to remove the buff.
    Only one spirit can be on one target at a time.
    You can attack the spirits target, at least for now.
    You damage doesn't get decrease, pretty sure that is a bug.

The Ring of peace got a new Spell effect. However, it is bugged.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2013-01-10 at 03:49 AM.

Item - Monk T15 Windwalker 2P Bonus (New) Your Chi generating abilities have a 15% chance to generate an Energy Sphere, which will grant you 10 Energy when you walk through it .

Seems like the most worthless 2 piece ever with how much energy we swim in but I haven't checked out ptr too much. It just seems crappy compared to ele shamans or hunter set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Item - Monk T15 Windwalker 2P Bonus (New) Your Chi generating abilities have a 15% chance to generate an Energy Sphere, which will grant you 10 Energy when you walk through it .

Seems like the most worthless 2 piece ever with how much energy we swim in but I haven't checked out ptr too much. It just seems crappy compared to ele shamans or hunter set bonuses.
    That means you need less haste, which should be a DPS increase.

What happens when you attack the same target as one of your E,S&F-elementals? It stops attacking? It vanishes completely?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil View Post
    What happens when you attack the same target as one of your E,S&F-elementals? It stops attacking? It vanishes completely?
    It continue to attack.
    I don't know if it reduce the damage back to normal, I'm testing it right now.
    It seems to stop copy your special attacks.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2013-01-10 at 03:45 AM.

Some notes:
    -You can only summon one spirit per target, but (currently) you CAN attack the target of your spirit
    -Order of spirits summoned (and a form you take personally) seems to be random
    -Your spirits retain your race and some gear
    -Spirits always autoattack their target even if you don't, and they have Tiger Strikes just like you
    -They can mirror your SCK and their SCK hits all targets nearby

Updates:
    -Tried to duel a player, you can target a player but it won't let you attack it
    -SCK is the only AOE tested, but that didn't do any damage
    -Spirit was damaged by something once, probably Swift Reflexes
    -Currently there's a bug that spirits won't keep you in combat, which lets you mount up and spirits will try to chase you instead of attacking their target, if you dismount they'll stand still and do nothing until dispelled
    Last edited by Alhoon; 2013-01-10 at 05:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another tier of retarded set bonuses? For fuck sakes I'd rather us just give us a bland and boring set bonus that's good rather than them doing fail attempts at making a creative set bonus. I guess the 4 set isn't THAT bad but just lol @ 2 set.

Do the spirits also use Spinning Crane Kick? (If yes: I think a spirit should be placed in every AoE situation then, because it's essentially 20% more damage.)

Do the spirits also use Spinning Crane Kick? (If yes: I think a spirit should be placed in every AoE situation then, because it's essentially 20% more damage.)
    I just tested and updated the notes.

It spirit are VERY buggy outside of target dummys.
    Yes they do and do damage to all targets hit.
    I test it on 3 mobs.

Currently using this spell doesn't reduce your damage, this is a bug.

By the way, Zen sphere can be detonate if you cast it again.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2013-01-10 at 04:07 AM.

Very interesting, thanks.
    I guess you're still testing if hitting the same target as your spirit is a DPS increase (2x60%=120%), right? I can't imagine this, because I thought this ability should be our "cleave" instead of a single target dps increase, but who knows...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, on PTR My spirits are killing mobs with ease without me doing anything. It's definitely bugged, but it's an amazing ability, and looks cool. I really like it.

Expect plenty of QQ on the official forums.

Very interesting, thanks.
    I guess you're still testing if hitting the same target as your spirit is a DPS increase (2x60%=120%), right? I can't imagine this, because I thought this ability should be our "cleave" instead of a single target dps increase, but who knows...
    No, the Spirit doesn't copy your attack if you are attacking it.
    It will continue to melee but not special attacks.
    Also the damage is bugged, you do not get reduce damage when summon spirit.

Server down, I can confirm if one spirit, the damage it deals is 60% of yours, you do 100%.
    It seems the when two spirit out is also bugged.
    You do 100% damage, both spirit do 60%.

Clones have their own crit.
    Last edited by Exorte; 2013-01-10 at 04:23 AM.

Updated my post with more details.

Deleted
    Edited the post with Illittis post for those who only wanna read the first post (Yea, there's alot of those people).

After trying it out on the PTR against normal level 90 mobs, my opinion hasn't really changed. This is an unruly, "click encouraging" skill that is probably only useful against enemies like Gara'lon or against large packs like the Heart of Fear trash.

There needs to be a way to activate it without relying on macros as that's something they specifically don't want to be required to avoid a DPS loss.

EDIT: Awesome bug.

If you go to Inkgill Mere in Kun'lai summit then onto that island in the center of the lake, you'll encounter small Sha manifestations. Using your ability on them without first getting aggro causes your clone to be a hostile towards you.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2013-01-10 at 06:49 AM. Reason: gara'whoever
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    After trying it out on the PTR against normal level 90 mobs, my opinion hasn't really changed. This is an unruly, "click encouraging" skill that is probably only useful against enemies like Gara'lon or against large packs like the Heart of Fear trash.

There needs to be a way to activate it without relying on macros as that's something they specifically don't want to be required to avoid a DPS loss.

EDIT: Awesome bug.

If you go to Inkgill Mere in Kun'lai summit then onto that island in the center of the lake, you'll encounter small Sha manifestations. Using your ability on them without first getting aggro causes your clone to be a hostile towards you.
    I would think "cast on the nearest or lowest health target" or similar in some sense.