Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well if you look at the link on the main page (ThunderIsleYoungBird.jpg) leads me to think it is a mob on the island and nothing more.
    I saw your title, and was fully intending on coming here to deliver the verbal equivalent of a punch in the dick.
    -TheWerebison

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post

i wonder where this one will drop......
    A little fun fact:

*whispers*

The raven lord is a remodeled Raptor.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like its based on the "link" between dinosaurs and birds... what was it called?

So, remember, this mount is the Raven Lords great-great-great-great grandaddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seens is not a Raven lord reskin, you can see it even fly, but as someone said before, it may not be a mount just a mob

10+ Year Old Account
    And anyways, I've never understood the hate against remodeling.

WoW is an ENORMOUS game. It's several gigabytes on my harddrive. Not only does it take a ton of memory, it also takes a ton of work to develop, so one would expect that the artists would make as many uses from a single skeleton as they can. It's less work for them (time is money friend!) and more space for us.

Sure, they could over do it, but I really don't think that they do. Especially when this game has soooo many models. If you're designing different birds that are roughly the same, why spend hours rigging/animating new bones when you can just import the same skeleton?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    *twitch*
    Erm, people use "re-skin" as a shorthand for anything with different skin/model on the same skeleton. Not everyone feels the need to use precise technical language to delineate between things that only really matter to the people who work in the field, because it's really not necessary -- in this case, it looking different on the outside while having the same skeleton is the pertinent information to your average layperson, and this is conveyed fully by "re-skin".
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol sorry guys wrong video, but yeah it's a remodel of the raven lord but it also looks like it will be just a mob (but in the end we all know it will end as a mount)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Erm, people use "re-skin" as a shorthand for anything with different skin/model on the same skeleton. Not everyone feels the need to use precise technical language to delineate between things that only really matter to the people who work in the field, because it's really not necessary -- in this case, it looking different on the outside while having the same skeleton is the pertinent information to your average layperson, and this is conveyed fully by "re-skin".
    For some reason, people get all pissy when they hear "reskin," more so than when they understand that something is a "remodel" and not just a reskin. It's not even something they look into, they just hear "reskin" and then get angry at blizzard because why not.

So it stands that these people should be corrected as often as possible.

For example, when I say "the raven lord was just a remodeled raptor" people don't care. But when someone says "OMG A NEW RESKINNED RAVENLORD!" people flip out about it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Yeah, same model but it's kinda crappy tbh. I don't mind much of it but my god, that tail is just hideous.

I don't mind it being remodeled but it's not my type of mount.

I think that birdy is very prettyful O-O shame on you who think its uglifieds
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I think that birdy is very prettyful O-O shame on you who think its uglifieds
    It's pretty ugly; Like It's a oversized do-do bird <.<

Err Again?
    I personally don't remember there being a re-skin of the raven lord, I may be wrong and if so please post a link so I can go get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    Err Again?
    I personally don't remember there being a re-skin of the raven lord, I may be wrong and if so please post a link so I can go get it.
    Flame talon of Alysarazor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Flame talon of Alysarazor
    Remodel, not reskin.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Remodel, not reskin.
    Uh someone or your self tell me what would be the diff? Like literally It's the same god dam mount but on fire lol

Oh my god!
    Ugly mount is terribly ugly!

EDIT: Was corrected on "re-skin". >_<
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-01-10 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...that would be the definition of a "reskin". :P
    no that would be the definition of remodel. a reskin would be the exact same model only with a different skin on it.

saurok is a remodel of a worgen. if saurok were reskins they would just be worgen with a scale pattern for skin
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...that would be the definition of a "reskin". :P
    Actually, no. The skin is the texture. Adding a new beak and wings means adding new polygons to the mesh. That's a remodel.

Ravenlord with new colors = reskin
    Ravenlord with new shape = remodel
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Uh someone or your self tell me what would be the diff? Like literally It's the same god dam mount but on fire lol
    ...you had to ask the question! >_<

Animation Model = animation skeleton (unseen)

Model = the shape of the polygons placed on top/tied to the joints of an animation skeleton. (...now I have to change my above post, upon thinking about that! :P)

Texture map = the "skin" or texture that overlaps the polygons that give it definition.

So, knowing that...

Re-skin = changing the texture on top of the polygon

re-model = changing/rearranging the polygons mapped on top of the animation skeleton.

So, to that end, the Alrazor mount is "on fire" - comparing the two... it's pretty clear the polygons are exactly the same, right down to the beak- and all that was added were flame animations to the previous texture maps and severe recoloring. So, you are correct - Alrayzor's a re-skin, not a re-model.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 03:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Actually, no. The skin is the texture. Adding a new beak and wings means adding new polygons to the mesh. That's a remodel.

Ravenlord with new colors = reskin
    Ravenlord with new shape = remodel
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no that would be the definition of remodel. a reskin would be the exact same model only with a different skin on it.

saurok is a remodel of a worgen. if saurok were reskins they would just be worgen with a scale pattern for skin
    Thanks - but I actually already came to that conclusion while I was writing my response to the chap above (even pointed out my error while writing it! >_<)

My bad! Thanks though! >_<
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-01-10 at 03:27 AM.