10+ Year Old Account

Vision of the Class/spec of the Demon Hunter

With the coming of burning legion in an expansion or two, I wish to either see the Demon Hunter class made, or simply see the "demon hunter" spec finally implemented, as I have been playing since vanilla, and was deeply saddened when I found I could not be a Demon Hunter class. And honestly, I think that this class/spec is the only logical choice to be implemented in times come and thought of a way that it could be played, with "new" playstyles, and differently between each spec. Love or hate, but, we all know that Demon Hunter something is coming soon (tm).

Class: Demon Hunter
    ~ Specs: Demonic, Fel Arcane, Shadows

Races: Night Elf, Human, Draenai, Orc, Troll, Blood Elf.

Why these races? And not, like, all? N.E. and Blood Elf are pretty self explanatory (n.e. were first, and b.e. were at black temple.) I will start with the toughest to explain, Draenai. Why oh why would a Draenai be a demon hunter? Why? because he hates demons, possibly more than any race out there. It is about his pure hatred towards the demons, that he would be willing to sacrifice himself to kill them all, even if it means corrupting his body. (Just to note, I am playing this as self-sacrifice rather than power gain. If it was Power-gain, then he might lose his sanity like Illidan did, like al other power gained demon hunters. I am playing this as if taught by mainly by Altruis the Sufferer or a Redeemed Illidan.) Why would Orcs or Humans? They could see the power involved in the arts to kill the demons that had caused them all so much suffering. (fight Fire with Fire). And Trolls, why trolls? Because, they are awesome like that. Honestly, because they are one of the eldest races to reside ever on Azeroth, and they wouldnt fight demons with demons own power? the dark trolls helped both times stopping the demons in hyjal. So why cant a few have gone into the dark arts of demon hunting?

Lore: lvl 1-9. Start out in Caverns beneath the X(someplace In kalimdor) as a new initiate to the Dark embrace.You undertake the rituals of becoming a demon hunter, and learn from the many demon hunters that were scattered throughout Azeroth(and outlands). By Level 5, you ritually burn out your eyes and gain the sight to sense demons. 9, you gain Fel Rune tattoos that cover your body. 12-15, you are finally sent off to either darnassus or to Silvermoon (which both sends you to speak to the "high king" or the "warchief." And bring the news of the Redeemed Illidan (or not) and that the Dark Embrace wishes to wage war against the Burning Legion. (similar to how death knights wished to wage war against the Lich King.)

-Demonic- Tank spec.

Lore: You gain a grimore of Demonic names (or something similar), that ingest into you and corrupt your body entirely (ie. Illidan's similar demonic look.), but you hold onto your sanity, but you are constantly fighting with the will of the legion and your sanity. Yet, your demonic form gives you strengths that others would not think of, as you can stand against any foe.

Stance: Grimore: Defensive, you gain, pending your race, a new look. (n.e. you look similar to illidan, orc you look similar to diablo from d2 and fel orcs, human you become closer looking to Nathrezim, Draenai kiljaeden, Blood elf a cross between illidan and felblood elves, trolls an appearance closer to doomlords (kazzak).)(plus a neat button to push to go from regular race to demonic race, sorta like the human to worgan button)
    ~ all the normal crit reduction, dodge and parry, and defence for a stance.

Duel Wield spec. (slower the weapon, the better the threat).(cannot be parry gibbed, as the second sword acts similar to a shield, but still hits regardless of hit/exp, but not as much as a regular offhand would.)

Resources: Demonic Rage, and Fel Runes. (runes are the tattoos on ur body if you did not know)
    Start Our with max Rage and your regular strikes use up the rage, but makes runes available. Runes are used to increase threat and make use of your Mastery (1 and 2), consuming a fel rune increases your demonic rage regeneration, so you will not want to hoard up to max runes, or you run out of rage.

Cleave: Corrupting Slash (think heart strike, cleave, swipe, hammer)
    Single: Fel Strike (think devastate, blood strike, mangle/maul, crusader)
    Threat: Demonic slash (runestrike, revenge, mangle (with lacerate))
    Aoe: Immolation (consecration and dnd)
    Taunt: Demon's Howl (regular taunt)
    Interrupt: Winged shadows (interrupt, but flaps wings to interrupt)
    Mastery Usage 1: Demonic Tattoos - Your Skin Hardens, like a demons, taking X percent less damage.
    Mastery Usage 2: Glaive Demon - Consumes Fel Runes to increase parry by X percent, blocking damage with both your blades.
    ShieldWall: Evasion (ups parrying and dodging stupendously, while upping defense by like 10% (rather than a flat 50% shield wall, you have a huge chance of missing the hits rather than taking. When taking just takes 10% off off the damage)
    Minor Cooldown: Parry
    1 Dot: Chaos flames (gives threat and adds the tank debuffs)(think bleed, plague, censure, and lacerate)

-Fel Arcane- (your battle mage) melee -> 10yard range dps

Lore: Not wanting to dable into the pure demonic essances of the legion, and risking your life and sanity to the cause, you resort to something in between, not corrupting yourself enough for a permanent form, but leaving a permanent mark on your very soul, as you wield the power of the Fel Arcane to strengthen yourself.

Staff/spell blade spec (can duel wield spell blades, but decreases the stats on the offhand)

Resources: Mana, and Fel Runes. (usage, similar to rets pallys and mistweaver monks) This spec, you want to hord runes till max to do as much damage.

Generates Fel runes
    Single Target: Fel Strike (places fel embers on the target (up to 3))
    Single Target Range: Felbolt (embers up to 3 as well) (supposed to be used on the run, heavy movement fights, not as good as strike, but still pretty good)
    Aoe: Chaotic Slash (range and melee, better in melee)
    CoolDown: Chaos Blade (imbues your weapon(s) with fel arcane and strikes the enemy, the more embers, the more power this cd does)

Burns Runes
    Single: Arcanite Strike (burns all runes, strikes the target for X amount of damage, and gives the target 3 fel embers. Think templars verdict)
    Aoe: Fel Beam (spins 360, firing beams of Fel Arcane hitting all targets within 10 yard radius. The more Runes built up, the more power it does)

Major cooldown: Demon Form (similar to metamorphisis (old cd)2-3min cd)
    Fel strike and Felbolt auto give 3 embers. Chaos blade has no cool down. And you are immolated (immolation aoe of tank tree) (or could be worked similar to zealotry, where one fel strike gives you full rune power, but I think this is far more fun.)

-Shadows- (Illidan's Well of eternity, and Warden) Pure melee

Lore: Cunning is more so, thought to be that of the Assassin's agenda, but the shadows beckon to the your call and your whim, sensing the evils about or simply your hatred, and to kill them. Using shadow and arcane, you can kill the demons before than can even see it coming, or people that placed themselves against your cause.

Duel wield (no daggers. slow offhand for best dps)

Resources: Energy(hatred in this case), Shadow Fury, and Shadow Poison (energy similar to rogue and monk energy, and used for all the basic attacks to build up max shadow fury. Shadow fury is consumed on you for your major dealing spells. Shadow poison is left after a generating shadow fury spell. It is a basic dot that stacks to 5, but can be consumed to strengthen you.)

Stealth: Shadows becon to your call to conceal you from your enemies

Shadowy Blink: Enemy get out of your range? No they didnt. (same as regular blink, but shadowy...)

Generates Shadow Fury:
    Single Target: Shadow Strike (infuses your blade with shadow poison to strike the target, leaving poison on the target for 3 seconds(stacks up to 5))
    Cleave: Maddening Strikes (cleaves another two targets, for less than shadow strike, but puts poison up.)
    Aoe: Shadow Arc (strike all targets in a 180 degree cone in front with both weapons and 10 yards. Leaving poison on the target)

Consumes Poison:
    Maddening Fury: Increases your attack speed by X
    Mana Burn: Burn targets mana/ interupts the target (whichever)

Consumes Shadow Fury:
    Major Cooldown (as in once per fight: Bloodlust/doomguard/Army): Avatar of Vengence (summons an Avatar of Vengence (a shadowy demonic form of yourself) from the shadows of pure hatred (and summons 3 Spirits of vengence) Best if used at execute. Lasts 1 min)
    Single/cleave: Shadowblades (the Blades are Infused with Shadow-arcane energy for x seconds, hitting/cleaving target(s) for X amount of damage)
    Aoe: Shadow Wave (cd)(knockback, hits the targets for X amount of Shadow arcane in 180 degrees in front
    Health/energy regen: Consume Shadows (consumes X shadows to give you a buff to health regen and Hatred (energy) regen.)

For spec, all i can see is:
    Spec: Warlock 4th spec - Demon Hunter (tank spec of Demon Hunter - Demonic) (illidan redeemed or trained by Altruis) Not much needed is to explain, as with the coming 5.2, locks seem to be getting area for there own, so why not have a demon hunter there to train the ones that want to be trained.

If own class, then mail, both specs. mainly because of the imbalance of it. (would have had felarcane be plate intell if i could, and the other leather. but eh, didnt seem lore good. Leather would have been better on all specs, but we already have 3 on leather. So I thought, mail then.

stats wise- Demonic: Parry>Dodge>threat (similar gear to shadows, but its own, unless lock, then simply make it spirit.)
    - Fel-Arcane: hit>=Exp>Intell>and secondary
    - Shadows: hit>exp>agil>secondary.(or however blizz wants to play it)

This is my view of how a demon hunter should play, since players ask for 3 of the most asked for specs (Demon hunter, battle mage, and warden. Sorry no tinker), this has what my view should be about how it should become.

Meh for this to work, it should be Night Elf and Blood Elf only, like druids started out 1 per side. If need be, Worgen and Trolls for Alliance and Horde. It needs to be a hero class, start at 65 (requiring an existing 65), working your way up to 68 in the starter zone and takes place in a phased Shadowmoon valley, then returns to Azeroth. No stealth, no Shadowstep (shadowblink), these are rogue signature abilities. 1 per server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Meh for this to work, it should be Night Elf and Blood Elf only, like druids started out 1 per side. If need be, Worgen and Trolls for Alliance and Horde. It needs to be a hero class, start at 65 (requiring an existing 65), working your way up to 68 in the starter zone and takes place in a phased Shadowmoon valley, then returns to Azeroth. No stealth, no Shadowstep (shadowblink), these are rogue signature abilities. 1 per server.
    I doubt they will do another hero class, as the last one was... kinda op in the beginning, so thats sorta why I brought in the Dark Embrace as you level through 1-15. I do agree that it should be only night elf and blood elf only, but gameplay, and the sheer beloved of the the demon hunter from "wc3", will simply not allow this. Which is why i brought in the 3 to each faction. As for the no stealth, if you go back and play well of eternity, illidan conceals you and him from everything, ie stealth, (which is why its there). And honestly, I seriously think we need another stealth class in the game, for pvp. The blink i thought of, is simply, a regular mage blink, and a carbon copy of the Wc3 warden Hero's blink. (and simply a way to close the gaps.) Making it slightly shadowy would simply be for spec purposes.

Although a hero class would be the most beneficial for the "class" i simply cannot see blizzard doing another hero class after the problems with death knights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting real sick of this idea getting shit out every other thread
    Wrath baby and proud of it

I always imagined demon hunters would be cunning and skill full, who can parry at an expert level, dodge, and throw their glaives too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgesh View Post
    I always imagined demon hunters would be cunning and skill full, who can parry at an expert level, dodge, and throw their glaives too
    Well most of that is in the tank tree for his survivability and in the 3 min cd of "shieldwall" rather than ur typical one. The throwing of the glaives was actually the huntresses of Wc3, and we have seen no demon hunter/warden actually ever throw his glaives, besides illidan in bt, where they summoned the fel fires of azzinoth as another phase >.> but they were never directed at you. The cunning and skillful, i made into the shadows tree, more so than the tank tree, because the tank tree is about how good he is with parry and dodge to miss attacks completely.