Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Mage] T15 set bonuses

So, here they are:

Item - Mage T15 2P Bonus (New) When Alter Time expires, you gain 5,100 Haste for 30 sec.

Item - Mage T15 4P Bonus (New) Increases the effects of Arcane Charges by 20%, increases the critical strike chance of Pyroblast by 5%, and increases the chance for your Frostbolt to trigger Fingers of Frost by an additional 6%.
    Honestly I find the boring. Not necessarily bad or lackluster, they're not. I mean, 2-set bonuses are typically lame so it's not an issue, but I really wanted the 4-set bonus to be something slightly more entertaining.

However, as far as Arcane goes, the 2-set bonus might be good incentive to use the Glyph of Arcane Power.

Those set bonuses are laughably amazing for the Haste Invocation build.

Not particularly imaginative but they're strong.
    The FoF one will be fun. 5% crit chance on Pyroblast is boringly lame :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    So, here they are:

Honestly I find the boring. Not necessarily bad or lackluster, they're not. I mean, 2-set bonuses are typically lame so it's not an issue, but I really wanted the 4-set bonus to be something slightly more entertaining.

However, as far as Arcane goes, the 2-set bonus might be good incentive to use the Glyph of Arcane Power.
    that arcane 4 set is just way more powerfull than the other 2

Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    that arcane 4 set is just way more powerfull than the other 2
    It is if it means "adds an additional 20% to each arcane charge"
    It's less ridiculous if it means "adds 6% to each arcane charge" although still very strong

Does it boost the mana cost too though?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Does it boost the mana cost too though?
    No it does not.

Oh and I have a feeling that it's 1 stack + 20%, 2 stack + 20%, 3 stack + 20% etc

10+ Year Old Account
    20% of 25 is 5, so I would assume that each charge will give a 30% increase instead of 25% as it is now. That's just boring.

But if it increases the mana cost as well then I love it in advance as it will prove challenging.

Yeah, trample the fire mages, and rub it in.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Man I looked at some other classes bonuses and now I'm envious, especially Shamans
    Oh well. At least the Warlock ones are similarly uninspired.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    No it does not.
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    20% of 25 is 5, so I would assume that each charge will give a 30% increase instead of 25% as it is now. That's just boring.

But if it increases the mana cost as well then I love it in advance as it will prove challenging.
    Or then yes this xD

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 03:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post

Source?
    Actually now seeing the wording it says Effects, So it might very well be for everything in arcane charge.

Oh if its both mana and damage.. It would certainly make arcane even more annoying to play. As you would need to either ramp up from 1 to 6 more often or evocate more often.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2013-01-10 at 03:44 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    just talked to logoz about this itll be roughly 4.8% per charge...if its per charge......its the most op 4 set ever made expecially if it doesnt effect mana itll be like getting a free 7th stack

the other possability is is its 20% 1 time to 1 charge so only an extra ~4-5%

its kinda funny that the fire part isnt for fireball because the other 2 parts are for the builder/filler spells.....its always witht he 5% crit to pyro if it was for fireball fire would be viable agian lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    Yeah, trample the fire mages, and rub it in.
    I actually dunno, Depends on what crit rating we can gather.. As if itemization is right, we might be able to get over 12k rating, and that inturn would mean our HS numbers will skyrocket. Mostly what this set bonuses do for fire is increase AT+PoM+Pyro macros effectiveness to heaven..

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I actually dunno, Depends on what crit rating we can gather.. As if itemization is right, we might be able to get over 12k rating, and that inturn would mean our HS numbers will skyrocket. Mostly what this set bonuses do for fire is increase AT+PoM+Pyro macros effectiveness to heaven..
    it takes it back to pre 5.1 5.1 stole 6-8% crit from us then the .05 to CM gave us back another 1-2% crit so it isnt a whole lot we get the 2 set seems way better for fire then the 4 set the 5% pyro crit is so over used
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fire 4set makes me cringe it's so bad. The frost one is pretty nice but the clear winner is the arcane 2 and 4 set.
    The 2 set seems to favor a haste invo build but the 4 set seems to favor a mastery rop build.
    If it is just a damage increase then 6 stack camping will be amazing with it. The 2 set would boost mana regen by a ton making camping your 6 stack much easier for those 30 seconds.

Curious to see how this plays out. Also, this is way better than the rogue 2 and 4 set for mut.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

why is the set bonus soooooo boring..........2set bonus shouldve already built in....... and 4piece for arcane is amazing, frost is ok....fire is uhhhhh wth are they thinking lol its definitly going to be changed or its the worst set bonus in history lol(maybe beats most of vanilla and tbc ones)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I would rather have the 5% pyro crit than the current 20% reduced combustion, assuming I ever play Fire for these two patches. Arcane seems decent enough, so guess that is what I will be sticking with.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Man I love arcane. Always have, always will. Tier 15 will be nuts for arcane. Hope they don't change it.

I sincerely hope they change the t15 4 piece to boost max FoF charges to 3, because that change (coupled with the passive increase in the patch) is almost pointless. Remember, Frozen Orb uses "frostbolts". Past a certain % chance, it's almost pointless to increase it further with regard to it's effect on Frozen Orb.

This puts your chance with frostbolt at 21% with the current 3% increase included. Unlike a previous tier which was amazing (back when Brain Freeze didn't come off an at the time non-existent mage bomb), this will actually make our rotation even more clunky. You'll be firing off frostbolts just to keep the debuff up.

I just made a post, but I sincerely hope that the change to FoF proc chance doesn't mean we aren't getting Water Jet.

"We will have too many FoF procs but we'd damn well better still be getting our new ability to provide FoF procs"

...am I missing something here?
    Also Frost Orb has a chance to proc FoF separate from that of Frostbolt.
    The tier bonus will be talking about the spell we cast exclusively.

Question is... is that 4 piece worth the loss of the t14 2p?

12% more damage per IL or 6% more IL procs.... + other stats.