Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    "We will have too many FoF procs but we'd damn well better still be getting our new ability to provide FoF procs"

...am I missing something here?
    Also Frost Orb has a chance to proc FoF separate from that of Frostbolt.
    The tier bonus will be talking about the spell we cast exclusively.

You aren't missing anything. I'd much rather have a unique addition to our spec that makes our playstyle not only more interesting and visually stimulating, but more challenging. Blizzard split our mastery with our pet's damage, I don't want it to be a mindless waterbolt caster.

Part of me is hoping that they recognized Frost always had a dry spell when frozen orb and freeze weren't up.

And I'm not sure what you mean, Frozen Orb casts out frostbolts (at least that's what the tooltip says), and they use the "frostbolt" proc chance. But I see what you mean, they'll have to clarify the 4 piece bonus. If it's just from frostbolt casts....that's a pretty bad 4 piece for frost.

I would love to see a frost 4 piece that reduces the GCD on ice lance by .5 seconds or something. That would add more fluency and eloquence to the new barrage of FoF charges.
    Last edited by Sw1tch; 2013-01-10 at 07:33 AM.

how is 2set favor haste invo. i dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by daydayhyphy View Post
    how is 2set favor haste invo. i dont get it
    Well its awesome for every spec really.. So it doesnt really favor, its just more awesome for builds that are allready really good with haste.. Given I hope we will replace Sha of Fear trinket quickly, as I think most mages are getting haste capped with hero atm as arcane..

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Well its awesome for every spec really.. So it doesnt really favor, its just more awesome for builds that are allready really good with haste.. Given I hope we will replace Sha of Fear trinket quickly, as I think most mages are getting haste capped with hero atm as arcane..
    with lee's hope buff my god my arcane blast is at 1.1s cast time
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    So Frost get a real hardcap at which FB is under 1 Sec casttime and we reforge to crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    with lee's hope buff my god my arcane blast is at 1.1s cast time
    Heh, With Trinket Proc, Lei's Hope and Lust, I was at a .85 second AB cast. It was a little on the ridiculous side. I can only imagine what it would be like when I hit full BiS and Heroic Essence of Terror.

Deleted
    2p seems weak, extremely week, please prove me wrong
    4p might be cool

I hope that the new fof chance isn't there to make up for the loss of pet freeze, and that we won't be getting water jet or any way to reliably have a couple of ice lances.
    Last edited by mmoce1022b8faf; 2013-01-10 at 08:53 AM.

FOR FROST
    Are these even buffs? Just the thought gives me the question, I havn't looked into math.

Here is what I have on my mind.....

The 4p gives you a 6% proc rate of FoF on your frostbolt. Now, our main ways of getting FoF are as follows:
    Frostbolt, Frostfire Bolt, pet nova (soon to be removed/replaced(?)), and frozen orb.

What is the % of FoF procs that come from frostbolt, and how many extra procs will we get in a 6-8 minute raid fight with the 4p?
    I would like to compare it to the 2p t14 where every IL used is a straight 12% increase in damage. Every 8.6 FoF essentially give the same amount of the t15 4p and saving a GCD.

Could it potentially be better to use 2xt14 + 2xt15? Would also have to take into the account of the lost stats of these 2 pieces.
    If it somehow does come up being better, we would have to look at the t14 4p vs the t15 2p....
    30 seconds of 5100 haste + more stats or an extra Icy Veins for 20 seconds

idk, just a thought, kinda reminds be back in firelands as arcane for awhile.
    Last edited by sef24; 2013-01-10 at 09:34 AM.

Deleted
    The T15 bonus is interresting
    2 piece - 12% haste every 180s. it's +4% per minute. it's like a proc trinket with double cooldown.
    4 piece - seem interesting but not very original (it will be reserved for last Tier bonus, like always).

On the interaction with FoF change, Frostbolt proc of FoF isn't useful without 4pT15.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Not particularly imaginative but they're strong.
    The FoF one will be fun. 5% crit chance on Pyroblast is boringly lame :P
    Not just boringly lame, but boringly UP compared to more FoF and +5% damage from each AC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    Yeah, trample the fire mages, and rub it in.
    Yeah, this pretty much confirms Blizz doesn't give two shits about Fire anymore. Giving them a laughably weak 4p and giving an AMAZING bonus to Arcane/Frost is just salt in the wound.

However, I am going to greatly miss 90s IVs once T15 comes out... So fun using that every 90s instead of 180s.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    non, the 4pT15 has Frost is far from amazing, very far.

I'm correct my statement on 2piece bonus. I haven't noticed the 30s duration. It give a raw 2% haste, no so bad.
    As troll frost, when can have without IV glyph and with very good timing :
    40s BL + 26s IV + 30s T15 + 20s racial = 116s hasted cast speed.

And only IV + T15 result in a 30% global hasted uptime.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if using alter time before popping cooldowns, to allign all of that yummy haste with other cooldowns, will be beneficial, or that we will just still use it the way we are doing right now.. The 4pc arcane/frost is pretty decent, 5% pyro crit is just fucking lame! I'm thinking blizzard has lost its way with the fire mage, they don't know what to do anymore :/

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Deleted
    Alter time is used to give proc back.
    As Frost, it give a enormous burst. As fire, it give a way to have a very good ignite for combustion. And as Arcane, it give 2 missiles and 6 charge twice.

What will be the interaction:

• As Frost, more FFB proc
    • As Fire, more combustion tick
    • As Arcane, a better burst ?
    In all case, a 30 haste buff is long enough to time Invocation with it.

But for Frost, there will be a new haste cap. The GCD cap under this buff will be at 9,137.5 haste.
    (9137.5+5100)x425 x 1.05 x 1.07 = 1.5

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sw1tch View Post
    I just made a post, but I sincerely hope that the change to FoF proc chance doesn't mean we aren't getting Water Jet.
    It likely means exactly that. I have a feeling that haste wasn't playing well with water jet. I can see how it'd be clunky as all hell if your window to get 2 charges got smaller and smaller, especially with a 2p that looks like that.

@Nath: I think that'll work out to be fairly interesting. Crit's already just slightly behind haste. Depending on how much crit we gain towards the cap between this tier and the next, we could start focusing on hitting it after 9.1k haste.

Jesus' Mary mother and Joseph these set bonuses are uninspired. "Boring" - I've come to expect from Blizz, but this is really.. I mean come on, srsly? Its like they don't even bother to try anymore.

I'm pretty sure this is Blizz just ca$hing it in at this point. At least this prob means Titan is closer than we think.
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.

Deleted
    Already played a little bit with stats and simcraft. @ ~22% crit starts to fall behind mastery. The secondary stats (scaling) will be very, very weak for us in 5.2 if changes staying like this

Deleted
    I really miss old vanilla set bonuses. Now it is same over and over again. Only 2 bonuses what give x% increas dmg done.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=22502 this are set bonuses what i want see on my gear.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2013-01-10 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    I really miss old vanilla set bonuses. Now it is same over and over again. Only 2 bonuses what give x% increas dmg done.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=22502 this are set bonuses what i want see on my gear.
    lol vanilla set bonus, half of them were useless. if you want to talk about real tier bonuses such as t10 (icc) and t13 (DS) were great tier bonus everything else is pretty sub par
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    good tier set bonus was always reserved for the las raid of an Xpack

Deleted
    I actually like the 2 Set Fire bonus.

With glyphed combustion it means we we'll get increased Combustion damage every second one as PoM and Altertime sync with every second one, the increased haste will give a couple of extra ticks on it, lined up with hero or Sha of Fear type haste trinket will give some amazing Combustions.

The 4 set is completely underwhelming though as Fire I have to say....