Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I don't know I just feel like any cooldown that requires a bit more thought and expertise than just "Push button, receive haste" is a good thing.
    I guess I can understand people wanting a bit of an easier time though :P
    nono i completely agree with you with AT being awsome but its annoying to "lost" your trinket proc when proc happens when you press AT.(during the fight) so having a bit of buff like the set bonus would make it a "better" cd (like you said cherry on top)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I actually find AT awesome and this new t15 2pc looks decent, syncs well with AT during hero/bloodlust.

As for random factor with trinkets, I'd say we need more on-use powerful trinkets so we can fully control CD usage. Unfortanetly, most of best options in t15 are on-proc...

Deleted
    Did someone can confirm that casting a BL while AT is active won't mess it up. On live.

For the new 2pT15, it gives :
    4.235% haste & 3% crit. mastery depend on spec.
    Thee frost haste cap with 2pT15 is at : 12,442.323 haste rating ~12.4k. It also reduce the crit cap to 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    Did someone can confirm that casting a BL while AT is active won't mess it up. On live.
    By logic it should always mess it up. It takes a snap shot of your buffs, mana and HP.. Which in turn means Casting Bloodlust while AT is active results in you gaining the debuff and loosing bl buff after AT expires

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Which in turn means Casting Bloodlust while AT is active results in you gaining the debuff and loosing bl buff after AT expires
    Do you really gain the debuff?
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milamber View Post
    Do you really gain the debuff?
    Yes. If someone uses bloodlust during the duration of alter time when it runs out you lose the buff but keep the debuff.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

I can confirm that if someone bloodlusts with Alter Time up then you gain both the buff and debuff, then when AT sets you back it removes the buff but keeps the debuff.
    I know this because it happens every week I can be bothered to go to LFR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I can confirm that if someone bloodlusts with Alter Time up then you gain both the buff and debuff, then when AT sets you back it removes the buff but keeps the debuff.
    I know this because it happens every week I can be bothered to go to LFR.
    That bug has been around since fucking beta, and they still haven't adressed it.
    And it works with anything, really... bloodlust, potion, cooldowns, internal cooldowns.. debuffs.. anything. It's a very "twitchy" spell.
    (one of our mages has the luck of AT'ing into a windbomb every week! )

You shouldn't get caught out by Wind Bomb with AT... Just cast it again to send yourself back early and then run out.
    It's lost DPS sure, but less lost DPS than wiping the raid.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or /cancelaura Alter Time if you really need out NOW. You lose a bit of DPS, but you don't wipe the raid...

10+ Year Old Account
    Annnnd 2pc changes

Deleted
    I have ask because last week, it seem to me that wasn't removed when AT expire.
    It can only be because BL was launch just before I hit AT, or other lag mystery.

Thanks for confirmation. We can still ask for AT to not remove BL buff, like the Debuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the worst experiences with alter time is Windlord, casting again early and the cancel aura macro is pretty tough to comprehend in the 3 second window for most players. Probably contributing as well is the fact it happens so rarely it can catch you off guard.
    Last edited by Bondey; 2013-01-18 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    nono i completely agree with you with AT being awsome but its annoying to "lost" your trinket proc when proc happens when you press AT.
    Yep, that's what prompted me to finally download NeedToKnow; keeping track of internal CDs makes it easier to line up everything and to avoid being screwed by an unplanned proc.
    RPPM notwithstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Alter Time frustrates the shit out of me when it goes to drop me back into shit I'm not supposed to stand in. On the other hand Berserking+BL extension on a decent Combustion + 2p bonus is well worth any slight headaches it can cause... Just gotta make sure blink isn't on CD.
    You know you can cancel AT early by hitting it again, right? It may suck sometimnes but it's better than you possibly dying and/or wiping the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylol View Post
    You know you can cancel AT early by hitting it again, right? It may suck sometimnes but it's better than you possibly dying and/or wiping the raid.
    I have never once had the problem of risking death due to AT, and I don't know anyone who's silly enough to pull off a stunt like that.

AT only lasts 3-4s (6 as Arcane) because you SHOULD be ending it early. If 3-4s puts you in a raid-wiping thing, then... damn.

I think the only time this was ever an issue was Heroic Wind Lord, and I had so many things to keep track of, Alter Time wasn't on my priority list, so I didn't use it.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I have never once had the problem of risking death due to AT, and I don't know anyone who's silly enough to pull off a stunt like that.

AT only lasts 3-4s (6 as Arcane) because you SHOULD be ending it early. If 3-4s puts you in a raid-wiping thing, then... damn.

I think the only time this was ever an issue was Heroic Wind Lord, and I had so many things to keep track of, Alter Time wasn't on my priority list, so I didn't use it.
    As frost, using AT when you have a little over 6 seconds left on IV, I see no reason to end it early unless you run the risk of dieing for some odd reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Question regarding 4-piece Fire: Is it worth it for the 5% extra crit on Pyroblast or is the stats/extra gem slots on off-tier better?

From what I gather, The Shoulders and Chest tier pieces are alright (Shoulders allowance of 2 gem sockets and Chest of 3), though the Mastery on Chest isn't ideal.

Off piece I'm reading everywhere is Helm, Flamecaster's Burning Crown which I'm assuming is due to the int socket bonus vs the crit. But, The gloves off Durumu, Lifedrainer's Sordid Grip seem like such a good pick over our tier Gloves (Hit/haste and 2 sockets with 120 int bonus vs Crit/Mastery and 60 int bonus) and then lastly the pants off Lei Shen just seem down right amazing. 3 red sockets and Hit/Crit.

With the added sockets and better socket bonuses plus the added better itemization, It seems you would get all around more int, haste and crit also allowing you to reach Hit cap more naturally(vs reforging for it). I don't have the math, but that seems like a marginal % difference in crit. Also allowing all your spells to benefit from the overall gain in crit vs just Pyroblast.

*Edit* this is just normal mode btw. I by no means am attempting Heroics soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledonn View Post
    Question regarding 4-piece Fire: Is it worth it for the 5% extra crit on Pyroblast or is the stats/extra gem slots on off-tier better?

From what I gather, The Shoulders and Chest tier pieces are alright (Shoulders allowance of 2 gem sockets and Chest of 3), though the Mastery on Chest isn't ideal.

Off piece I'm reading everywhere is Helm, Flamecaster's Burning Crown which I'm assuming is due to the int socket bonus vs the crit. But, The gloves off Durumu, Lifedrainer's Sordid Grip seem like such a good pick over our tier Gloves (Hit/haste and 2 sockets with 120 int bonus vs Crit/Mastery and 60 int bonus) and then lastly the pants off Lei Shen just seem down right amazing. 3 red sockets and Hit/Crit.

With the added sockets and better socket bonuses plus the added better itemization, It seems you would get all around more int, haste and crit also allowing you to reach Hit cap more naturally(vs reforging for it). I don't have the math, but that seems like a marginal % difference in crit. Also allowing all your spells to benefit from the overall gain in crit vs just Pyroblast.

*Edit* this is just normal mode btw. I by no means am attempting Heroics soon.
    Remember that the 5% is then multiplied by your CM, so effectively thats a whopping 6.5% increase to Pyro. Imagine you are in your sexy normal mode raid gear. Probably 42ish percent crit (totally guessing but I'm assuming about right) raid buffed with your 4pc on. That would put you at 47% for pyro, or 61% to crit with your pyro with CM. This also increases your ignites and your combustions!

All math aside, if you look at the big time Mages that finished normal modes way early, all their guilds got them their 4pc asap.
    Last edited by royals; 2013-03-27 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Clarity

Deleted
    Just obtained T15 4Set for Frost Mage and guess what? 1000 Frostbolts 150 IL procs : /