Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Got some mixed feelings about the hawk casting something instead of melee attacks. On one hand I'm very happy things like target switching aren't much of an issue. But I don't know how I feel about some stationary turret you can't move. I think that will be more of an annoyance when I'm killing rares and trying to pull said rare away from regular mobs so I don't have to kill everything near it. But that's outside raids anyway.

Quite disappointed how low the PPM both effects have though. Looks like we won't see the bonuses that often, and this becomes even more of a problem if the pet procs when a boss goes immune or something.
    According to the post the thunderhawk will only despawn after it has casted all 5 lightning bolts. So I guess you won't lose the damage unless if a phase transitions or something else happens.

I really REALLY dislike the 4 piece. It's like here, let's give you 3 more arcane shots in a minute! The 2 PC would be 80k - 120k without factoring in BM's mastery.
    112k - 168k with 40% mastery and that is without critting (presuming it can crit). Seems like the 2 PC can give more damage than the 4 PC >.>.

Presuming the Thunderhawk can crit.

For MM:
    every minute
    2 pc: 1 proc yielding (80k-120k)-(160k-240k) damage (1333.3333 dps - 2000 dps) - (2666.66666667 dps - 4000 dps)
    4 pc: 3 procs yielding 300% weapon damage. ~35k-70k damage a hit. 105k - 210k

For BM:
    Every minute
    2pc: .7 proc yielding (78k-117k)-(156k-235k) damage (1300 dps - 1950 dps) - (2600 dps - 3916.66666667 dps) (40% mastery)
    4pc: 105k - 210k damage 1750 dps - 3500 dps

For SV:
    Every minute
    2pc: 1.2 procs yielding (96k-144k)-(192k-288k) damage (1600 dps- 2400 dps) - (3200 dps - 4800 dps)
    4pc: 3 procs yielding 126k - 252k (20% mastery) (2100 dps - 4200 dps)

Of course if the thunderhawk can't crit then all this information is useless. With a 21 ilvl ranged weapon increase that would put the shots at ~40k-80k, so you'd only be getting 5k-10k more which would about tie it if the thunderhawk can crit.

The wording of the post seems a bit weird imo.

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    will always cast 5x Lightning Bolts for 16k to 24k Nature damage.
    It doesn't say that you can crit or not but it will always cast it for 16k-24k nature damage. Meaning that it can't crit. Hopefully that's not true.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-12 at 12:52 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    So if multi shot will procc 4pc it will simply hit 1 target ??

Quote Originally Posted by Troyster View Post
    So if multi shot will procc 4pc it will simply hit 1 target ??
    According to the wording it can proc off of each multi-shot and hit the target that it procced off of.

Not liking it at all personally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    According to the wording it can proc off of each multi-shot and hit the target that it procced off of.
    So if thats true then it will skyrocket Survival's Aoe even more when its already too powerful.

Deleted
    According to the post the thunderhawk will only despawn after it has casted all 5 lightning bolts. So I guess you won't lose the damage unless if a phase transitions or something else happens.
    Of course, alright I jumped ship too soon. If that's the case it's pretty much guaranteed damage which is great.

About it critting or not, these type of set bonuses are usually worded the same and are still able to crit. I'm fairly confident it will be able to crit. Then again, I'm just assuming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyster View Post
    So if thats true then it will skyrocket Survival's Aoe even more when its already too powerful.
    Since it's on the real PPM system it wouldn't make Survival that much stronger when AoEing. It works like Wild Quiver, every Multi-Shot hit has an individual chance to proc the lightning arrow like Tehstool explained. You are only going to see a somewhat fixed amount of procs. It will benefit Survival more because it's buffed by the mastery but not enough to make Survival's AoE completely out of control. Not more than it already is, at least.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-01-11 at 01:16 PM.

Deleted
    [/QUOTE]Since it's on the real PPM system it wouldn't make Survival that much stronger when AoEing. It works like Wild Quiver, every Multi-Shot hit has an individual chance to proc the lightning arrow like Tehstool explained. You are only going to see so a somewhat fixed amount of procs. It will benefit Survival more because it's buffed by the mastery but not enough to make Survival's AoE completely out of control. Not more than it already is, at least.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah now i understand Thanks for the clarification.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 11:23 AM ----------

So by that logic 4 pcs seems to be weak and in the end it might end up being weaker than 2pc which is quite bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelln12 View Post
    Im actually kinda of happy that the Thunderhawks will cast a ranged ability and not run up and try to melee.
    THIS!!

and i would really love to see normal Pets wich will cast ranges abilitys ONLY!

I'm very sure that the hawks damage cast can crit. But I have a bad feeling about, how they will fuck the cast up, using spell crit chance Nevertheless the spell should inherit spell damage taken debuff, crit chance boni and all other stuff of potential scaling.

Long time since I looked in to guardian mechanics, they could have also have haste breakpoints where they actually gain attacks. Could be potentially the greatest push regarding MM!

The 4pc is very mehh with only a 3rppm mechanic, hope they will buff this up completly!
    Last edited by Keren; 2013-01-11 at 01:17 PM.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    that means survival might be the next king...
    Damn straight. I've stuck it out through 16/16H progression this tier in SV regardless of all the other Hunters playing that horribly awful BM crap.

The only thing I really want for SV is a slight tune up in raw damage on a few abilities and these set pieces are giving me the pseudo passive buffs I wanted.

SV is where it's at.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i just hope the animations are bad ass, with the names they certainly have that potential!
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

ok, both, hawks and arrow-procc are real ppm. Those scale with haste, too. I totally had forgot that :/

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    This Real PPM is increased by your haste %. (The highest of your melee, ranged, or spell haste is chosen).
    Simple as that. Whether you’re an Affliction Warlock dealing very frequent DoT ticks and Malefic Grasp ticks, or a Holy Paladin casting purely Holy Lights, or a Combat Rogue quickly attacking and using specials, or an Enhancement Shaman attacking with slow melee attacks and spells, or a Shadow Priest channeling Mind Sear on fifty Onyxian Whelps, you’ll get 2*Haste Windsong procs or 10*Haste Elemental Force procs per enchant per minute.
    Last edited by Keren; 2013-01-12 at 09:15 AM.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Also can someone please explain this to me?

Direhorn Stampede are everything you dream them to be.
    What exactly does this mean?

Also can someone please explain this to me?

Direhorn Stampede are everything you dream them to be.

What exactly does this mean?
    I just saw that right now. Somehow, the lack of clarification scares me.

Deleted
    I'm willing to bet it's simply ''Using Stampede with 5 Triceratops pets looks really cool'' instead of actually giving some sort of benefit. Maybe that's for the best anyway, forcing all Hunters to walk around with 5 Triceratops pets might not make many people very happy. It sure wouldn't make my stable slots very happy.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-01-12 at 09:54 AM.

I think blizzard is trying to be clever again. lord help us

I'm willing to bet it's simply ''Using Stampede with 5 Triceratops pets looks really cool'' instead of actually giving some sort of benefit. Maybe that's for the best anyway, forcing all Hunters to walk around with 5 Triceratops pets might not make many people very happy. It sure wouldn't make my stable slots very happy.
    Honestly, I hope it's that. Because having to channel a spell reflect in a raid is a pretty big dps loss. Especially if for some stupid reason they want you to have your stampede pets cast it too.

Edit: wow my bad! I meant to post that first post in the dire horn thread XD
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-12 at 10:14 AM.

That only took you 47 minutes to notice a mistake. Woo!

Now, this PPM thing being affected by haste. The 4 set is 3 PPM. How much haste would we need to increase that to 4? Or rather, at what rate does the PPM increase with haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    That only took you 47 minutes to notice a mistake. Woo!

Now, this PPM thing being affected by haste. The 4 set is 3 PPM. How much haste would we need to increase that to 4? Or rather, at what rate does the PPM increase with haste?
    Yeah, I'm usually good with those. I saw that thing with the info on the 2 piece.

It calculates the difference in time since the last chance to proc. It uses that time to determine the chance for that event to trigger a proc.
    For example, if you have 22% Haste, it was 1.4sec since the last chance to proc, and you’ve got Windsong, then the chance to proc is 2(ppm) * 1.22(haste) * 1.4(time since last chance) / 60 (sec per min) = 5.693%
    ~26% haste raid buffed (reforged for crit > haste > mastery) with ISS for MM
    ~15% haste raid buffed with SV/BM

MM
    1 second since the last chance to proc - 6.3%

SV/BM
    1 second since the last chance to proc - 5.75%

You can't be guaranteed another proc with these numbers unless if you have an insane amount of haste. There is a higher chance of getting a proc though.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-12 at 11:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm willing to bet it's simply ''Using Stampede with 5 Triceratops pets looks really cool'' instead of actually giving some sort of benefit.
    This. It's just GC trying to be funny at the expense of productive information, yet again.