Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Hunter Tier 15 Set bonus

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Item - Hunter T15 2P Bonus (New) Your Steady Shot and Cobra Shot have a chance to summon a Thunderhawk to fight for you for the next 10 sec.
    Item - Hunter T15 4P Bonus (New) Your Arcane Shot and Multi-shot have a chance to trigger a Lightning Arrow at the target, dealing 100% weapon damage as nature.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    •The Hunter 2T15 bonus is a chance to summon a Thunderhawk. That Thunderhawk will assist you, and will always cast 5x Lightning Bolts for 16k to 24k Nature damage. Its damage will scale with BM mastery, and will not scale with Survival mastery. However, the proc chances (which are Real PPM) vary by spec: 0.7/min for BM, 1/min for MM, 1.2/min for Surv.
    •The Hunter 4T15 bonus is affected by Survival’s mastery, cannot trigger Wild Quiver, and procs at a rate of 3 RealPPM.
    I dislike these new tier bonuses. Too generic. At least we are getting a sort of aoe buff.

They might need to buff mm a bit with these set bonuses.

Imo the 4 piece should be the 2 piece and there should be some sort of different damage increase tied to the 4 piece.

What do you guys think?

Edit: It appears that since they are on the RealPPM system MM will slightly benefit more from it because of the haste it has.
    -Some have asked why the 2pc procs more often for Survival than Marksmanship. Marksmanship typically has more haste than Survival, such as from Steady Focus. (Remember, RealPPM proc rates scale with your haste).
    Also:
    The 2pc and 4pc both can crit.
    Yay!
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-12 at 09:16 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Better than T14 4P imo, in that it doesn't fuck with the rotation. It also doesn't seem to be interested in giving us a new button of some kind to press. Just a straight 'keep doing what you were doing but hit harder'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    Better than T14 4P imo, in that it doesn't fuck with the rotation. It also doesn't seem to be interested in giving us a new button of some kind to press. Just a straight 'keep doing what you were doing but hit harder'.
    When did any set bonus give us an extra ability... ?

I don't like the idea of a summoned minion as a set bonus. It is yet another ability that will have some proportion of its damage based on whether it begins its attack animation quickly or decides to go afk for a bit before attacking.

The 4pc is exactly like the Firelands 2pc and the 2pc is exactly like the Warlock 2pc from Firelands. Firelands... Will it blend?

From a progression standpoint, chances are we will not be getting sets for a while as other prot based classes have MUCH better bonuses.
    Last edited by Conjor; 2013-01-10 at 03:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    /yawn

Perfectly serviceable, nothing exciting.

Deleted
    Speaking as bm hunter the T15 4P bonus in my opinion must be worse from T14. BW increased duration was really nice. Also If I'm not wrong it scales better with bm instead of sv in single target, right? Although, I like the aoe buff.
    As for the 2P no idea how hard the pet will hit.
    But I also don't like them cause they are both random :P

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    When did any set bonus give us an extra ability... ?

From a progression standpoint, chances are we will not be getting sets for a while as other prot based classes have MUCH better bonuses.
    Can't reference WotLK and BC set bonuses because I wasn't around, but my mage had a 4 set bonus in DS called 'Stolen Time' that altered the way she used her CDs. You could substitute 'new button' with 'extra mechanic' and it would still be what I meant.

Nothing exciting, perfectly forgettable set bonuses. Wouldn't be surprised if the thunderhawk scaled from BM mastery.

We'll need to wait on numbers to see if these are any good, kind of wish they had a bit more flavor to them like the current 4-piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Oricc View Post
    Nothing exciting, perfectly forgettable set bonuses. Wouldn't be surprised if the thunderhawk scaled from BM mastery.

We'll need to wait on numbers to see if these are any good, kind of wish they had a bit more flavor to them like the current 4-piece.
    Didn't think of that. It could which would screw MM.

Annoying 4pcs this expansion. The current messes with BW and changes the rotation. The T15 will force ToTh again messing with our rotation (all be it not as much).

Yeah, this might indeed boost ToTH even on single target, unless the free ASs won't have the chance to proc the 4pc.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 05:19 AM ----------

Also, I wonder if they purposefully set up this middle-tier bonuses to sound like shit. I bet they're exactly tuned to be a DPS upgrade over t14, but we'll be dying to get into T16 2pc by the time it comes out.

This thunderhawk better shoot down lightning from the sky and blind my guildies.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yeah, this might indeed boost ToTH even on single target, unless the free ASs won't have the chance to proc the 4pc.[COLOR="red"]
    I was thinking the same thing. If the free ASs from ToTH can proc the 4pc bonus, I think it's probably a mandatory talent.

Another thing, if the 4pc bonus can proc Wild Quiver, it could be pretty good for MM too.

i think the dragonhawk is cool and cute

Alright, I just read the other bonuses, most of which sound amazing, some of which sound downright stupendous. Is Blizzard trolling us? 5100 haste when Alter Time ends? 1 HP extra each time yout ake damage under DP for prot pallies? WTF. These bonuses are cool, change how you play and game the system, etc.

Maybe they finally acknowledged we have too much going on in our rotation, but this shouldn't be the way they balance it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. If the free ASs from ToTH can proc the 4pc bonus, I think it's probably a mandatory talent.

Another thing, if the 4pc bonus can proc Wild Quiver, it could be pretty good for MM too.

Hunter T15 4P Bonus (New) Your Arcane Shot and Multi-shot have a chance to trigger a Lightning Arrow at the target, dealing 100% weapon damage as nature.

Nope, no procs from wild quiver according to the wording.

Also I'm not sure of it will make us prefer ToTH over DB, it'll just make it less of a dps loss single target.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Alright, I just read the other bonuses, most of which sound amazing, some of which sound downright stupendous. Is Blizzard trolling us? 5100 haste when Alter Time ends? 1 HP extra each time yout ake damage under DP for prot pallies? WTF. These bonuses are cool, change how you play and game the system, etc.

Maybe they finally acknowledged we have too much going on in our rotation, but this shouldn't be the way they balance it.
    Yep, I hate these tier bonuses. So plain.

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction and more good changes will happen.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-10 at 05:32 AM.

The days when Survival rules is coming back!

I wonder if the 2 set can proc multiple times and stack pets like Dire Beast.

I doubt this one but would the 4 set AOE with multishot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    The days when Survival rules is coming back!

I wonder if the 2 set can proc multiple times and stack pets like Dire Beast.

I doubt this one but would the 4 set AOE with multishot?
    Well, would assume that each hit has a chance to proc it, yes (unaffected by the number of targets). Nice buff to AoE, especially for MM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Well, would assume that each hit has a chance to proc it, yes (unaffected by the number of targets). Nice buff to AoE, especially for MM.
    According to the wording:

Your Arcane Shot and Multi-shot have a chance to trigger a Lightning Arrow at the target, dealing 100% weapon damage as nature.

It could proc off of each individual multi-shot. I want to see how our aoe is above the cap with this set bonus.

I'm not sure we can expect the 4set bonus to be better for SV though. Yes, it will likely be affected by SV mastery, but BM uses significantly more arcane shots during the course of a fight, which will give BM more procs of it overall. Though while we're on the topic, BM uses fewer cobra shots than SV, so it will probably take longer to proc the 2set as well, depending what the % chance and ICD are. We don't even generally cast our first cobra shot until well into the fight unless you precast.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmin View Post
    I'm not sure we can expect the 4set bonus to be better for SV though. Yes, it will likely be affected by SV mastery, but BM uses significantly more arcane shots during the course of a fight, which will give BM more procs of it overall. Though while we're on the topic, BM uses fewer cobra shots than SV, so it will probably take longer to proc the 2set as well, depending what the % chance and ICD are. We don't even generally cast our first cobra shot until well into the fight unless you precast.
    True. I changed my post so it's not misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmin View Post
    Because I run Thrill of the Hunt, I cast more Arcane Shots than my Hunter buddy does, and less Cobra Shots.

Vizier -- BM, Dire Beast, other Hunter, 62 Arcane Shots, 58 Cobra Shots

Same fight as above -- Surv, Toth, Me, 75 Arcane Shots, 54 Cobra Shots

Random Hunter I saw with similar kill time -- Surv, Dire Beast, 23 Arcane Shots, 52 Cobra Shots

Comparing me and the random Hunter I saw, Yay! Talent differences!