Can some hunters help my guildie?

I don't know anything about hunters except that they are usually good DPS, so I was wondering if some of you guys could look at my guildie and offer some suggestions. His armory link and combatlogs are posted below. Thanks!!!

BTW....Juggernaut and Wiiby are the tanks in the combatlogs.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...othen/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ne/?enc=bosses
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ne/?enc=bosses

Just at a cursory glance, I looked at the two most "single target" fights with no target switching in there, Feng, and Spirit Kings. His BA uptime is around 60%, it should be above 80%. He's missing LnLs from that, for sure.

Also, Explosive Shot damage should be much, much higher. Some of it is missing these LnLs, but on several fights he's doing more damage with ARCANE SHOT than ES. He's just not pressing ES on CD, simple as that.

But I really need to go to bed, so that's all I can comment on in a 2 minute glance at his logs. His gear looks fine...his reforges are meh, he should be looking at mastery over haste, currently he's reforging out of mastery into haste, since the SrS buff mastery is clearly a winner over haste even in SV.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 05:37 AM ----------

Also, his trinkets blow. Two on-use trinkets? I imagine they put each other on 30s CD, and they're not very good at that. He should get relic at the very least, and if he has either of the trinkets from raiding (even if it's only LFR) they'd be better than those two trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Just at a cursory glance, I looked at the two most "single target" fights with no target switching in there, Feng, and Spirit Kings. His BA uptime is around 60%, it should be above 80%. He's missing LnLs from that, for sure.

Also, Explosive Shot damage should be much, much higher. Some of it is missing these LnLs, but on several fights he's doing more damage with ARCANE SHOT than ES. He's just not pressing ES on CD, simple as that.

But I really need to go to bed, so that's all I can comment on in a 2 minute glance at his logs. His gear looks fine...his reforges are meh, he should be looking at mastery over haste, currently he's reforging out of mastery into haste, since the SrS buff mastery is clearly a winner over haste even in SV.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 05:37 AM ----------

Also, his trinkets blow. Two on-use trinkets? I imagine they put each other on 30s CD, and they're not very good at that. He should get relic at the very least, and if he has either of the trinkets from raiding (even if it's only LFR) they'd be better than those two trinkets.
    This. Except they both put each other on a CD for 15 seconds. Use the crit one first then the haste one imo.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Only took a quick look at the logs but it seems like he's not using Explosive Shot, Black Arrow and Glaive Toss as soon as they are available and Serpent Sting's uptime seems rather low (should be close to 100%).
    I'd reforge all that haste into something else. After the expertise and hit caps it's crit > mastery > haste. In single target fights I'd also take A Murder of Crows and Dire Beast over Thrill of the Hunt and Lynx Rush. More importantly, though, I'd just use Beast Mastery in mostly single target fights.

Deleted
    His SV tier5 has to go from Lynx Rush -> AMoC.
    Also tell him to get or get him the DMF trinket. It will allow him to get trinkets stacked on the pull and DMF trinket is BIS until you have 15/16HC down.

As others have said he's using way too many arcane shots. I suspect he prioritizes arcane shots when TotH procs and that's why he has so few expl shots/glaive toss, SrS falling off and not using black arrow enough. Tell him everything stays the same prio and he should allready be 'fixed'. The TotH procs are just free shots to help us need very few cobra shots and it's not required to use all 3procs each time.
    On all fights he's also using few kill shots. Feng seems ok but SK, Elegon and WotE he should be able to get off tons more.

On Elegon he's missing lots of damage. On the charges he should multishot the middle one on his side the moment they spawn and he'll spread SrS on all 3. Then use GT and ES + killing off with AS spam. He also has to keep BA up on Elegon there to help get ES procs for the charges. AS SV I also prefer to keep all my cooldowns for first charge phase because you don't gain extra dps over the total fight by using them at the start over during the first charge phase when he starts stacking debuffs allready. It also helps to keep 2x rapid fire there with all the dots/spam needed and lack of cobra shot opportunities. But if you guys still have more trouble with the protectors than the charges he can keep doing cooldowns at the start ofc.

On both Elegon and WotE his BA uptime is just terrible. On Elegon he always wants it on Elegon or his pillar. On WotE the moment the bosses spawn he should keep it up on one of them.
    On WotE he also has to use SrS a lot more. It's less focus, same 1GCD and it does more damage if a target stays up 10sec. With only 31% uptime of SrS he's also missing focus regen every 3sec for 70% of the fight, that's a lot of lost focus......

Overall if he is a new hunter he might get better. But if he's a long time hunter allready I'd seriously advice him to go BM because he doesn't get SV MOPstyle. Even if he would think that TotH procs are priority, on some fights you see that he is freaking out and spams arcane shot because he can't follow what's happening rather than making the conscience decision to shoot arcane shot.
    He just doesn't seem a good SV player and BM might be better for him not to go into panic mode. SV requires a lot more on-the-spot decisions and it will relieve him from a lot of stress if you can place him into a single target role instead of multi target.

DMF?

Is that a hunter term

darkmoon faire card trinket

LOL...I should have thought of that...thanks

Thanks for all the feedback guys!!