How is my resto shaman? Am I on the right track?

Hi guys, first time on this forum and I am already impressed with the amount of people here too help.

Well too start things off, my name is Katank and I am a Resto Shaman in my 10 man raid group, currently on 6/6 MSV and 1/6 HOF Normal.

A couple of days ago, I decided too finally join the bandwagon and use Ask Mr.Robot, began started reading the optimization for a default build which happened to be Spirit > Haste (12.5%) > Mastery > Haste > Crit. Before reforging and gemming, I scrolled through a few topics on the Wow forum on blizzard and noticed how many people said haste was not worth it, so I decided too reforge excess haste into mastery as well as reforging other stats into mastery though Spirit remained the number priority on gear that did not have spirit originally.

Now that I have stumbled on these forums, I have noticed many people saying that 50% mastery cap was the way too go and that critical hit was now a lucrative option, I am becoming a bit confused here guys...Any help?

I plan on getting the Klaxxi's resto shaman 489 healing leg next week when valor caps reset also, I am also working on Golden lotus dailies and hopefully I can achieve my shoulders and bracers drops in both 10 man progression and LFR.

Thanks for reading.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 01:51 PM ----------

Oh...Can't post a URL to my armory :S

Flyingtojo - Dreadmaul (US)
    Last edited by Katank; 2013-01-13 at 02:53 AM.

Deleted
    First of all i would use Astral shift for pretty much all fights but Will hc where i use Stone bulwark. Natures guardian is in my opinion not a good talent for pve. Secondly i use Glyph of totemic recall for all fights, you get a free HST for 1 gcd every 30secs that wich means u get 14100mana every 30sec or 2350mp5.

You have no enchant on your boots, i would use mighty spirit on chest and use 160spirit 160crit in the yellow socket. I would also remove abit of mastery for more crit since you are playing 10man. Its best to gear for spirit and use int food/flask since gems are 320spirit vs 160int and flasks/food is 300int vs 300spirit or 1000int vs 1000 spirit. You also want to get 2 raiding professions. BS+JC or BS+Tailoring is best spirit wise, but i would get whats convenient for you since you are not raiding hardcore.

Thats my 2 cents atleast

Quote Originally Posted by Katank View Post
    Hi guys, first time on this forum and I am already impressed with the amount of people here too help.

Well too start things off, my name is Katank and I am a Resto Shaman in my 10 man raid group, currently on 6/6 MSV and 1/6 HOF Normal.

A couple of days ago, I decided too finally join the bandwagon and use Ask Mr.Robot, began started reading the optimization for a default build which happened to be Spirit > Haste (12.5%) > Mastery > Haste > Crit. Before reforging and gemming, I scrolled through a few topics on the Wow forum on blizzard and noticed how many people said haste was not worth it, so I decided too reforge excess haste into mastery as well as reforging other stats into mastery though Spirit remained the number priority on gear that did not have spirit originally.

Now that I have stumbled on these forums, I have noticed many people saying that 50% mastery cap was the way too go and that critical hit was now a lucrative option, I am becoming a bit confused here guys...Any help?

I plan on getting the Klaxxi's resto shaman 489 healing leg next week when valor caps reset also, I am also working on Golden lotus dailies and hopefully I can achieve my shoulders and bracers drops in both 10 man progression and LFR.

Thanks for reading.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 01:51 PM ----------

Oh...Can't post a URL to my armory :S

Flyingtojo - Dreadmaul (US)
    Alright so on the subject of haste, theres a couple of haste points you might want to reach. Because you are a goblin so you get like 1% more haste, if you are using the talent Ancestral swiftness which gives a passive 5% haste then you will almost always want to go for the 441 haste breakpoint which would get you to 12.51% haste. However even if you reforge completely out of haste you will still be quite a bit above that. If you chose the Elemental mastery talent, which is great for burst healing, you will probably want to go for the 1576 haste point which gives another tick on healing rain. However because you lose the passive 5% haste from AS you would still lose a tick on earthliving which brings us to the third haste point people might go for. 2588 which gives the exact same as 441 without the 5% passive haste from AS. Ofc all these points are assuming you have the 5% haste raid buff from perhaps a shadow priest or boomkin. Since haste is basically our least prefered stat atm it wudnt be advised to go for the higher points unless you are very close to them already and ofc have taken the EM talent.
    mastery and crit is more of a preference. Crit is a better regen stat becus of resurgence and mastery is better for those oh shit moments. I dont think there actually is a 50% mastery cap, its more thats wats prefered so you can heal the target high when he needs it but still get a decent amount of crit for more regen and ofc crit heals heal a ton more. It would also depend on your set up. If you are 2 healing things and your other healer is lacking, then mastery would probably be alot more desirable but if people dont drop hp much then crit would likely be a better stat since it gives more throughput on higher hp targets and the regen.

What happysmilehello said about astral shift is definitely true but since you are still working on normals I would stick with natures guardian. Theres ofc damage from explosions on the empress - last boss in hof, and garalon crushes which reducing the damage might save you but i found that natures guardian has saved me more times than not and its on a much shorter cdown and being a passive you dont need to really think it through when to best use it whilst still learning the tactics on a fight. But as he said, glyph of totemic recall is amazing. I can regen like 300k mana in a fight with that talent which is far better than not having it atall.

Go check out Vixsin's blog: lifeingroup5.com if you haven't done so already. I do get a bit baffeled if, and when, people haven't at least been to there, or totemspot for that matter.

Deleted
    what a annoying prick in that movie lol

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    This is always the answer.
    Clearly you can't say FUCK enough times ...