Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    "Thunder quakes the skies long before the lightning strikes."

No it doesn't. Thunder always comes after lightning.
    the mogu are not very smart. they can't even use magic without relics. they probably think the thunder from the previous lightning is the thunder from the posterior one lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account

This is true for the thunder #12 that is caused by lightning strike #12.

For anyone experiencing a storm, you first hear thunder in the far distance, long before the storm is closeby enough that you begin noticing lightning strikes.

So thunder does quake the skies long before the lightning strikes... if you're stationary and hear a storm approach in the distance.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Ya know, this makes me curious as to who's truly in the right with all of this.

With this expansion, and even Wrath for that matter, the Titans are going from being Benevolent entities to being so bent on Order they really have no space for reasoning.

The fact that (I know the Mogu became bent out of shape along the way due to the Curse of Flesh and what not, but still) the Mogu, these malevolent and evil creatures are just following the Titan's plan and trying to be Titans just kind of tells you maybe the Titans weren't so good or in the light.

It's just very odd.

At this point, personally, I don't know if I want to trust the Titans anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Ya know, this makes me curious as to who's truly in the right with all of this.

With this expansion, and even Wrath for that matter, the Titans are going from being Benevolent entities to being so bent on Order they really have no space for reasoning.

The fact that (I know the Mogu became bent out of shape along the way due to the Curse of Flesh and what not, but still) the Mogu, these malevolent and evil creatures are just following the Titan's plan and trying to be Titans just kind of tells you maybe the Titans weren't so good or in the light.

It's just very odd.
    What makes us the good guys tho? If you created something and it started doing things to endanger for exampe your house/appartment, wouldn't you try to restrain it's power. Free will isn't always a good thing you know :P

We need to look at the titans as what they are, creators. They made us, they should have the right to unmake us.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    At this point, personally, I don't know if I want to trust the Titans anymore.
    For example this, in the grand scheme of things isn't it the titans that shouldn't trust us. We are the ones that cause trouble. Had we followed their design then we wouldn't have faced all the problems we do now. We weren't made to have free will, most beings on Azeroth probably owe more to the titans then their entire race.
    Last edited by Sylf; 2013-01-10 at 02:00 PM.

I totally like the fact it appears that Mogu are not corrupted by the Old Gods, but, rather, learned to bend the Old Gods (or at least their spawns, the Sha) to their will. That's badass. Perhaps Blizz took the accusations of MoP being light-hearted and childish to heart, but right now, to me its plot seems the darkest of all we saw in WoW. It would be a very interesting turn to have Mogu uncorrupted yet totally evil from playable races' point of view, and their atrocities being just a means of enforcing order.

To me, it does mirror the story of the Garrosh's Horde. Orcs are free from demonic corruption and human slavery, but the first thing they do with their freedom is wiping out or subjigating everything they can reach.

BTW, was I the only one who was shocked to see Horde and Alliance capitals in the Vale basking in mogu glamour, untouched by pandaren and the rest? It's like Shattrath in TBC was an Eredar city, filled with Burning Legion banners and statues. It occured to me, even back then, that pandaren point of view of the mogu is only the top layer of truth. Because, evil or not, mogu did build everything in Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasula Elfbiter View Post
    I totally like the fact it appears that Mogu are not corrupted by the Old Gods, but, rather, learned to bend the Old Gods (or at least their spawns, the Sha) to their will. That's badass.
    Bending evil, powerful creatures to your will for power, glory, or just because you can? That's Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeasacar View Post
    Bending evil, powerful creatures to your will for power, glory, or just because you can? That's Sargeras.
    the fundamental difference is that sargeras "accepted the disorder of the universe", so he does what he does to unmake the forced order of the titans, while the mogu do it because they want to imitate the titans and create their order.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a sense we will be working with a faction of mogu in a future patch...similar to how we worked with the mantid >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool but expected.

Gief the raid and the thunder isle so we can learn more about the Mogu and the Titan / Watcher that they have imprisoned under the raid...

Quote Originally Posted by Rasula Elfbiter View Post
    I totally like the fact it appears that Mogu are not corrupted by the Old Gods, but, rather, learned to bend the Old Gods (or at least their spawns, the Sha) to their will. That's badass. Perhaps Blizz took the accusations of MoP being light-hearted and childish to heart, but right now, to me its plot seems the darkest of all we saw in WoW. It would be a very interesting turn to have Mogu uncorrupted yet totally evil from playable races' point of view, and their atrocities being just a means of enforcing order.

To me, it does mirror the story of the Garrosh's Horde. Orcs are free from demonic corruption and human slavery, but the first thing they do with their freedom is wiping out or subjigating everything they can reach.

BTW, was I the only one who was shocked to see Horde and Alliance capitals in the Vale basking in mogu glamour, untouched by pandaren and the rest? It's like Shattrath in TBC was an Eredar city, filled with Burning Legion banners and statues. It occured to me, even back then, that pandaren point of view of the mogu is only the top layer of truth. Because, evil or not, mogu did build everything in Pandaria.
    Actually, the pandaren built all those statues, they built everything because they were the slaves. I did always wonder why all the statues are still up though... usually when a tyrannical government is removed from power, they take down their propaganda with pride.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Actually, the pandaren built all those statues, they built everything because they were the slaves. I did always wonder why all the statues are still up though... usually when a tyrannical government is removed from power, they take down their propaganda with pride.
    Yup. The Pandaren built the Serpent's Spine. The Pandaren built the statues. It wouldn't surprise me if the Pandaren built the Vaults and Palaces as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    A quote that was datamined from the game

So ya look like mogu are titanic creations after all and not the brutish animalistic race who changed because of the magic waters of the vale that we were led to believe they were.
    Well, big deal. So they are brutish animalistic titanic creations. About the only thing we can't sure about is what role, if any, the waters played in this.
    That they built those pools themselves doesn't mean they stayed unaffected by them. We built lots of things that then changed us as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    What makes us the good guys tho? If you created something and it started doing things to endanger for exampe your house/appartment, wouldn't you try to restrain it's power. Free will isn't always a good thing you know :P

We need to look at the titans as what they are, creators. They made us, they should have the right to unmake us.
    No I don't think creating a life gives you the right to destroy it if it grows up in a way you don't like. When parents kill their children for believing different things than they do, we consider it barbaric and horrible. It should be no different for a god or god-like figure. Just because they are stronger than us doesn't mean it's morally right for them to to kill millions of people.

I kind of want to see a raid tier where we bring down the titans and all the other uberbeings that repeatedly try to kill us.

Moved to Comics Fury. Rereleased and updated.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the mogu are not very smart. they can't even use magic without relics. they probably think the thunder from the previous lightning is the thunder from the posterior one lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    So thunder does quake the skies long before the lightning strikes... if you're stationary and hear a storm approach in the distance.
    Also

Lei Shen: and thunder echoes in the hills long after lightning's power is spent.
    So they know what they're talking about.