Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How much dps should I be doing with a 480 ilvl

I know I'm not going to get the exact answer but just a general idea. I usually pull 60k-65k in LFR, sometimes 70k depending on the fight. Is that decent to do normal mode raids?

I'm missing a bracer enchant, going to get that tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should be doing 70k or so I'd estimate at that ilvl. Without seeing your armory I can't give you a better idea, trinkets have small impact on ilvl but very large impact on dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Ilvl is irrelevant considering how much weapons contribute to your overall dps. If you could add that to your post could give a more accurate range you should be aiming for.

15+ Year Old Account
    It really, really depends on the fight... you can't really slap down an arbitrary number and say "there, that's what your Recount should read most of the time".

That said, for fights like LFR Gara'jal where you can get away with quietly tunnelling, 70-80k is a decent end result for that ilvl
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    That said, for fights like LFR Gara'jal where you can get away with quietly tunnelling, 70-80k is a decent end result for that ilvl
    Hopefully they'll fix the mess that is SE&F and we'll be doing 100k in the same gear on Garalon like any class with cleave.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Hopefully they'll fix the mess that is SE&F and we'll be doing 100k in the same gear on Garalon like any class with cleave.
    =/ I was doing 120k on Garalon the other night

Quote Originally Posted by Extinction View Post
    =/ I was doing 120k on Garalon the other night
    In ilvl480 gear?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

15+ Year Old Account
    Gara'jal =/= Garalon.

Easy answer: Plug your character in a sim and see if you're doing even close to that on target dummy. Raid DPS depends hugely on what boss you're doing. If your average DPS fluctuates between 60k and 70k, I have no clue what you're doing. Mine goes from 90k Stone Guard to 200k Wind Lord but then again, I'm 489 ilvl.
    Last edited by Alhoon; 2013-01-10 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Gara'jal =/= Garalon.
    I do this every, single, time.
    [What's half of minor?]

People pulling this and possibly more on Garalon as buff from the circles has a great impact as well as cleave...

I do this every, single, time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illitti View Post
    Mine goes from 90k Stone Guard to 200k Windlord.
    If you mean Normal Stone Guardians in <ilvl486 gear, then you are amazing. Like seriously, suspected for android-level amazing. Because all you have on that fight is single-target.
    [What's half of minor?]

Ok thanks for the answers all I will sim it and see whats up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Take everything you see in a sim with a grain of salt.

It calculates top theoretical DPS - that is to say, if you were allowed to stand and deliver without ever having to stop attacking or move, while simultaneously being jacked into the game á-la Neo out of the Matrix to avoid all latency or FPS issues and having your rotation delivered by a perfectly-programmed automaton.

IE, it doesn't really exist in the real world apart from the cream-of-the-crop players.

I think there needs to be a quick note.

Your weapons have a big impact on your damage. 476 LFR weapons vs 489 Normal Mode weapons has an affect.
    Your weapon enchants dancing steel have a significant impact.
    Trinkets have a significant impact.

With that said. LFR I am in the 70-80K range on single target patcwerk style fights. Changing my enchants and upgrading my trinkets gave me a 5-7K boost. (Small sample size, although the numbers were bigger than what I was used to seeing).

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is hard to say, since a lot of different Factors come into it.

Say someone is at 480 Ilvl, but has only LFR weapons, and is brought up to 480 with their Armor's Rating. Then another person is 480 Ilvl with 2 Normal mode Shek'zaar's But with a few minor armor pieces.

One would pull much better DPS even though same Ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you mean Normal Stone Guardians in <ilvl486 gear, then you are amazing. Like seriously, suspected for android-level amazing. Because all you have on that fight is single-target.
    I can easily out-damage my max sim results, even without damage buffs. Just depends on the fight mechanics.

Personally, I blame my awesome usage of Weak Auras and the small margin of error in SimC from Combo Breaker procs.

65-70k sounds about right depending on the fight,etc. Being in a 10 or 25m can also make a small difference if your not getting all your buffs.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

I did 92k on Stone Guard last week in about 488 gear. Got a WoL rank out of it too! Not too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    I did 92k on Stone Guard last week in about 488 gear. Got a WoL rank out of it too! Not too hard.
    "I came in the top 100 out of a hundred of thousands of people. It's easy."

It may have felt easy for you, but don't forget that puts you well into the 99 percentile.
    [What's half of minor?]