Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    don't forget that Frozen orb also have the proc increase
    Yeah, I just needed 3 added procs, out of all possible proc events, to make it even. Any more is a gain past that, something we did need a tiny bit of.

A small thing of note is if indeed water jet is not coming, and the freeze change remains in place, glyphing water elemental will no longer be necessary on fights with large-scale movement. Most of the reason we glyph it is to avoid losing DPS by having to move the pet into range of a distant target in order to be able to freeze, as doing so unglyphed interrupts its autocasting (blade lord, vizier, will of the emperor etc are examples). If pet freeze is off the table in raids then the glyph becomes almost worthless and can be replaced by any number of different choices that improve QoL.

TBH I despise the direction this change hopefully doesn't indicate. If we aren't getting Water Jet I will be a sad mage.

I'm still hoping that blizzard realized very little of our FoF charges actually came from Frostbolt and FFB.

Just for the sake of justifying our mastery and even having a pet, we should get Water Jet. All the WE does at this point in the PTR in any raid scenario is cast Waterbolt. That is literally it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sw1tch View Post
    TBH I despise the direction this change hopefully doesn't indicate. If we aren't getting Water Jet I will be a sad mage.

I'm still hoping that blizzard realized very little of our FoF charges actually came from Frostbolt and FFB.

Just for the sake of justifying our mastery and even having a pet, we should get Water Jet. All the WE does at this point in the PTR in any raid scenario is cast Waterbolt. That is literally it.
    Its starting to look like blizz is phasing out the elemental for pve... I wouldn't mind this as hopefully blizz could focus on adding some extra spells or mechanics to make frost a bit more interesting.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Its starting to look like blizz is phasing out the elemental for pve... I wouldn't mind this as hopefully blizz could focus on adding some extra spells or mechanics to make frost a bit more interesting.
    I wouldn't mind it either....provided they make the rotation more interesting. I like the idea of Water Jet solely because it adds more flavor and interesting dynamics to our playstyle and generic rotation. Simply adding a passive effect (which does not balance the loss of Freeze/Water Jet anyway) is another notch down for mages IMO.