5.2 Tigerseye brew

It dawned on me that we won't be able to gain stacks pre pull because our healing talents will no longer cost the chi we used to build them. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....

Bit late to the party are we? I don't even play a Monk and I saw that coming!

But remember we gain them twice as fast now! Its only about 20 GCD's to get 10 stacks now

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone mentioned in a previous thread - Fists of Fury does not require a target. You could always use that to build stacks.

Ya I guess fists of fury will be our builder. Going to be a little different and a little slower. But, it's better than nothing. Especially since a lot of changes are coming for the better.

Deleted
    I u werent using Fists of Fury in ur rotation till now...that means u are a really nice noob... It is the perfect ability when u are low on energy and having 3 chi..criting like a truck it is in my forth most dmg abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bearbite View Post
    I u werent using Fists of Fury in ur rotation till now...that means u are a really nice noob... It is the perfect ability when u are low on energy and having 3 chi..criting like a truck it is in my forth most dmg abilities.
    Learn2read, he was talking about pre-pull. Who is the noob now?

Using Expel Harm and FoF takes about 60 seconds for 3 stacks of TEB.

I was under the impression that Tigereye brew stacks and duration vanish when a normal/heroic boss is pulled? am I wrong?

Deleted
    Why this isnt like avatar or something else on 2 or 3 minutes CD instead of this stupid stacks ? Because good luck in arenas stacking 10 of those :\

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    I was under the impression that Tigereye brew stacks and duration vanish when a normal/heroic boss is pulled? am I wrong?
    The stacks go away when a boss fight is engaged, the damage buff doesn't. You could stack before a boss fight and then activate it before the boss is engaged. This gives you a damage increase in the beginning of the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo300 View Post
    It dawned on me that we won't be able to gain stacks pre pull because our healing talents will no longer cost the chi we used to build them. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....
    I'm having a deja vu, think you just said this in another thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bearbite View Post
    *slap*

*Xt Voice* No no no no no no!

You could always use Spinning Fire Blossom to spend chi on for prepull tigerbrew, just be careful not the hit the boss :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami001 View Post
    You could always use Spinning Fire Blossom to spend chi on for prepull tigerbrew, just be careful not the hit the boss :3
    If it doesnt hit a target it doesn't count as chi spent.

It would be nice to have stacks build out of combat, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo300 View Post
    It would be nice to have stacks build out of combat, lol
    That completely defeats the purpose of it being designed as a ramp-up mechanic.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    That completely defeats the purpose of it being designed as a ramp-up mechanic.
    We're already defeating the purpose by cheesing mechanics to pre-stack it. So tbh either they make us unable to pre-stack or gain stacks out of combat, which sounds like cool idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

well it seems like it went from 4 stacks to 2, now to 3. we are still gonna be pretty damn good in 5.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    well it seems like it went from 4 stacks to 2, now to 3. we are still gonna be pretty damn good in 5.2
    It did, but with the T15 bonus - I feel like it could become negligible in the next tier. 10% seems low on the surface, but I think that's part of why they did the slight nerf - it can be incredibly strong if you gain a stack every time you BoK.