Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I hated t14 set bonuses too and now I just feel like we are being forgotten.
    We might not have the absolute worst set bonus but we are in the bottom, just like our DPS, where they should focus on now giving us something new and cool, not ignoring us. gah. reroll

They are so just counter productive. You have to stand far away to get any benefit from your Halo/Cascade and because you are so far away and they move so slow often times the mob dies before it hits them so they just float around you doing nothing for another 15 seconds except preventing more from spawning.

Here are a list of fights where SA bugs out for at least 1 mechanic during the fight and just floats above your head.

Garajal/*Elegon*/Will of the Emperor/Imperial Vizier Zor'lok/Blade Lord/ Ta'Yak/Garalon/Wind Lord Mel'Jarak/Amber-Shaper Un'Sok/Grand Empress Shek'zeer/Tsulong/Lei Shi/Sha of Fear

*= Doesn't even work..at all.

Having set bonuses tied to ^that is a huge problem.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-01-10 at 04:33 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    The next move by Blizzard I suspect is to have all bosses next tier mounted or flying! :3

Why I hold onto my priest I don't know, I even have a 90 lock. And there was me thinking it wouldn't get worse. Oh wait, poor scaling regardless of changes.

Honestly, I'm going to say that Blizzard should just replace the tooltips on all things related to Shadow dps to just "Reroll"

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that things (these set bonuses maybe included) will change in future PTR patches.. still kinda worried, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by mindp View Post
    "DPS" Priest Tier-four might out beat this.
    Actually, those T4 bonuses will be pretty good now as they are a direct dps buff to some of our top damage spells.

Assuming that shadow apparitions work flawlessly (yea right), the tier bonuses are still extremely underwhelming.

Anyone notice that a lot of our tier bonuses seem to involve extending our dot durations, so that we can uh, focus more attention on spamming filler mind flay. It just straight out seems like something that unskilled spriests will wish for in a tier bonus.
    Last edited by Whitney Houston; 2013-01-10 at 07:30 PM.

Let's assume that shadow apps are 100% reliable, just for the sake of argument. What are we left with? Unreliable extension of dots? Yeah, because multidotting with proc talents isn't enough of a nightmare already, now we'll have to keep track of dots with randomly extending durations. Sounds cool. We already cap shadow apps with only a few targets dotted, so the 4 piece bonus will do absolutely nothing on multidotting. Maybe this is supposed to be the single target buff shadow has been asking for, but these bonuses are just so horribly thought out that it seriously makes me question if the people in charge of shadow's design know what they're doing. I'm confident that neither of these bonuses will go live, but the fact that they're even considered has me worried that any other shadow changes will be similarly awful. At least it looks like most other specs got pretty poor bonuses too, but that's really no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Good luck getting the set items.
    They had ShA as Orb Spender... They just like that bugged, slow and boring mechanic.
    It's not removed. They just forgot to give Shadow Holy Fire... -.-
    I hope they give us the chance to toy with set pieces a bit; during raid testing, perhaps?

Furthermore, i feel like we're in the "now or never" kind of a spot, where if there's a hope for some improvement it has to be within this patch,

Dunno, i feel half optimistic because of the SWI thingy that is going on. Please don't kill my dreams yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    @Dahk_Khadgar We fixed a lot of bugs with Apparitions in 5.2. Had to do with bosses temp going immune in encounters.
    So here's hoping...

Even with 4pc Shadow is Shite:
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2758

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    So here's hoping...

Even with 4pc Shadow is Shite:
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2758
    I really hope they replace 4P or expand on it in some way.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

I really hope they ditch both altogether. And get rid of shadowy apps while they are at it. Or make them fly at target boss super fast like evil ghost projectiles (in superman pose of'c)

Deleted
    Just make shadow apps cast instead of zombie walk into mobs.
    then give us a minor glyph turning them into valks - nibelung style

Ghostcrawler has already announced a few changes to SA in 5.2: https: //twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/289520705526169600 (there is a space after the https:, so I could put in the link, as I haven't enough posts to link).

Let's just hope they are working on re-designing SW:I and making MB scale with haste as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seing these set bonuses left me dying a little on the inside..
    Our scaling is beyond bad, SA's suck even more balls than Justin biever and most of all; how can they tie both set bonuses to the same rediculus mechanic?

Bring back T10 or T12 bonuses, eventually the T13 2 set... As for now - back to leveling mages and warlocks i guess!

Ghostcrawler also just made a blue post addressing the tier bonuses. Here is what he wrote about shadow:

Priest
    • Shadow Priests have raised concerns about both of their T15 bonuses being tied to Shadowy Apparitions. Know that we have improved Shadowy Apparitions. Previously, there was a cap of 4 out at once. In build 16446, that’s raised to 5 if you have 2T15. However in the next build, we just raised the cap to 10, which you should basically never hit. And more importantly, we significantly improved their AI. Please try them out. If they give you problems, please be as specific as possible about those situations.

It's not their AI that worries me, it's the fact they're adding more f*cking randomness!

Start recasting Vamp when it has 2s remaining, bam your ShA hits the target mid casts and extends it for 1 tick => you have 1 dot tick wasted.

GG blizz. Like making our rotation the most random and braindead to ever exist in the game wasn't already enough..
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

these shadow bonuses are beyond awful. id feel embarassed to receive tier so terrible.. apparations that can stack to 10 and still not reach the boss in time.

they should really just change the set bonus to not suck so much. give it a haste bonus of 5000 for 30 seconds after shadowfiend/mindbender vanishes or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maticko View Post
    We can only have 3 shadow apparitions up at a time. So 4-set is useless. And on multi dot fights where adds die all the time etc. 2-set becomes uselss as well. Shadow Apps always stand next to me for about 10-15 seconds (after target with sw: p died). It's a 0 dps increase during that time.
    It's an early ptr build, so I hope they change it to something cool (*looks at elemental/lock/retri set and bursts into tears*)
    Good news, sort of.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadow Priests have raised concerns about both of their T15 bonuses being tied to Shadowy Apparitions.
    Know that we have improved Shadowy Apparitions.
    Previously, there was a cap of 4 out at once. In build 16446, that’s raised to 5 if you have 2T15.
    However in the next build, we just raised the cap to 10, which you should basically never hit.
    And more importantly, we significantly improved their AI.
    Please try them out.
    If they give you problems, please be as specific as possible about those situations.
    Let's see how well the yellow works.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    finally a tick of lóve from blizzard damn

10+ Year Old Account
    Well GC said no cap on Twitter and a cap of 10 on the forums. Needs clarification although I doubt it will make a difference in reality...