Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

T15 2 and 4 PC Bonus' :| {Shadow}

Item - Priest T15 Shadow 2P Bonus (New) When your Shadowy Apparitions damage their target, they have a 65% chance to extend the duration of your Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch, causing each to deal damage one additional time.
    Item - Priest T15 Shadow 4P Bonus (New) Periodic damage from your Vampiric Touch has a 10% chance to trigger your Shadowy Apparition.

Not even sure what to say, Seems like such absolute garbage.
    As is my apparitions only hit for about 4.8% of my overall damage, and thats when there isnt issues with LoS and stuff dying before it hits.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but this looks really bad to me right now.
    Last edited by Nestar; 2013-01-10 at 05:09 PM.

If they fix the Apparitions themselves, ensuring that a ShA proc = damage, every single time, no matter what terrain or positional deviations there are in a fight, then we can talk about set bonuses that rely on them. Otherwise, these bonuses are trash and we should be very angry about them.

Also, I am very concerned about the lack of Shadow attention for yet another PTR build.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    If they fix the Apparitions themselves, ensuring that a ShA proc = damage, every single time, no matter what terrain or positional deviations there are in a fight, then we can talk about set bonuses that rely on them. Otherwise, these bonuses are trash and we should be very angry about them.

Also, I am very concerned about the lack of Shadow attention for yet another PTR build.
    Agree. It definitely feels lackluster for shadow. Also looking at the healing set bonus, it seems like blizz is trying to give apparitions for healers too. Seems like blizz is forcing this ShA down our throats atm, either that or they just cant think of any more new ideas for set bonuses. Also looking at the healing set bonus...I wish I that my Mind Blast has 40% chance to spawn a ShA that deals 100,000 damage.. >_>
    Last edited by zsun; 2013-01-10 at 08:18 AM.

Looking at it a bit closer, it does seem this might be viable, but if and only if they fix the Terrain issues, gonna see if I can do the math on it and see what it actually comes out to.

I'm over apparitions altogether, along with the rest of my raid !

I can't count the number of times I've been screamed at for doing something stupid before they realised it was actually just an app !

So, someone with a little more experience theorycrafting will have to go over this to confirm I'm doing it right. But this is what I'm seeing for actual usable numbers. Now this is all assuming the apparitions will all reach the boss and all do damage, I've used my H-Feng kill from earlier tonight to get the numbers out of, not sure which way rng played as far as that goes.

So I've got a buffed crit of 17.94 in my gear currently, with the 2pc t14 my SWP becomes 27.94% crit effectively. Seeing as SWP crits are what give us apparitions, the 2pc of each will work together for this. Over a 6 min fight. I got a total of 76 apparitions. Averaging 20.6k dmg each. (26490 spell power buffed with Inner Fire only)
    Without 2pc t14, this would likely be approx 49 apparitions. (I'll go over this later)

So, with a 65% chance to extend both dots by 1 tick (2.4 seconds longer in my case). That's an average of 49.4 ticks (assuming 76 in a 6 minute fight). Which is almost 6 full Vampiric Touch or SWP. Meaning 6 less VT's cast over the fight, and 6 less SWP's over the fight, (someone will have to confirm the math on the gcd's acquired here, not 100% sure on those) That time would effectively now be used on Mind Flays and appear as added damage.

The 4-pc however would cause me to lose the previous teir's 2pc. Once again returning my apparition proc's back to the standard 17.94% crit on SWP. However, it also adds an additional 10% chance on VT to proc one. Assuming these procs do the same damage as the current apparitions are doing, that's 15.7 extra procs (vs the 27 extra on the SWP crit chance), over the course of the fight. (15.7 x 20.6k dmg = 323.4k, Over 6 minutes works out to 898.5 dps on top of the normal proc'ing apparitions but losing the 1545 dps from the SWP apparition procs) But, when doing so, we lose 10% crit damage on SWP also. So, based on my fight, that's 934636 less damage, working out to a negative 610k dmg or 1698 dps loss.

Based on this, I'm proposing that 2pc t14 and 2pc t15 is actually stronger.

Because
    1. The extra 10% damage done as crit by SWP
    2. More procs on the 10% crit than with 10% chance to proc on VT. (76 vs 66 in my example). So flat out more proc damage and more DoT extentions when using both 2pc's

Again, someone please correct my math if they find something off.

I'm seeing both two pc's doing approx 2344 more dps than with 4-pc t15 (ignoring whatever stat gain there may be.)

This will likely mean that having a Heroic 2pc T14, will definitely be better than both raid finder and normal T15 4pc, but will be closer when compared with the full heroic T15 4pc.

Also just realized, having dots extended by procs rather than the casts we're doing. Will likely drop the value of haste even furthar, Crit may actually become much stronger due to this.
    Last edited by Nestar; 2013-01-10 at 08:55 AM.

Deleted
    If golden apparitions move at the same speed as their shadow counterparts they will almost always count as overhealing as they are like greater heal on long timer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it interesting, especially the synergy between the 2 bonuses, but the apps definitely need some fixes to become viable as mechanic.

Deleted
    I hate those bonuses. They are building them on a mechanic that we have been begging blizz to disappear. I really don't understand why they changed the "shadowbolt effect" SA had in the beta of cata, this image in slow motion is just retarded. And this 4p is extremely crappy... 10% de proc SA... if at least it were crit dependant like SWP...

God I hope they change those bonuses quickly. I couldn't believe they could do even crappier bonuses than t14, once again blizz out did themselves.

It's interesting in theory, if, you know, apparitions were fully functional and didn't have all the issues that they.. still have. In a perfect world it'd be interesting, I'm not sure about good, but interesting. We don't live in a perfect world though, and apparitions have very obvious flaws and limitations.. as such, bonuses based on them, are going to be limited by those flaws and limitations. I'm sorry, I want to be positive, but this seems like a terrible idea. Not because the set bonuses are trash, but because of the terrain issues apparitions have. This doesn't 'have' to be trash.

I think something as simple as making apparitions projectiles, rather than things that walk, that sort of float toward the target, maybe change the visual, would help alleviate some of the issues.. but I don't see them doing that. Maybe it's just me, if people disagree, that's perfectly legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksiadz View Post
    If golden apparitions move at the same speed as their shadow counterparts they will almost always count as overhealing as they are like greater heal on long timer.

This thread is about Shadow, even if the OP failed to put it in the title.

My guild's Spriest is furious about these set bonuses... If I were you guys, I would collectively spam the PTR forums until these are changed, or until Shadowy Apps are fixed.

These are literally the worst set bonuses I've ever seen. I'm like in aw of how they would actually tie both of them to the worst buggy mechanic in the game.
    Hi Sephurik

IMO, the mechanic with Shadowy Apparitions is flawed, but the idea behind it OK.

Something like this would be better:

2P: When your Mind Flay damages your target, it has a 15% chance to extend the duration of your Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch, causing each to deal damage one additional time.

4P: While you have Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch and Devouring Plague you gain <cool buff name> which increases your Mind Flay's critical strike chance and spell haste by 10% for 15 seconds.

Deleted
    We can only have 3 shadow apparitions up at a time. So 4-set is useless. And on multi dot fights where adds die all the time etc. 2-set becomes uselss as well. Shadow Apps always stand next to me for about 10-15 seconds (after target with sw: p died). It's a 0 dps increase during that time.
    It's an early ptr build, so I hope they change it to something cool (*looks at elemental/lock/retri set and bursts into tears*)

Deleted
    lock set bonuses are far from great, but they are a hell of a lot better than ours. We actually have the worst bonuses in history, I can't even think of one that is worse than these... The 4p is incredibly dumb, as someone stated you can only have 3 SA at a time... why can't we get something good like t12/t13 thats actually cool to have... Not a buff on some lame ass mechanic we can do nothing at all on it.
    Anyway its in continuity with the stupidity blizz seems to have when designing our class, we have talents that wants us to be far away from our target(cascade/halo) and yet we still have mechanics that makes us loose dps when far away(sa). And they are increasing this contradiction with bonuses. GJ blizz...

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    lWe actually have the worst bonuses in history
    "DPS" Priest Tier-four might out beat this.

Just for the reference, here how Shadow Priest set bonuses have (d)evolved over time:

T1 - N/A|N/A
    T2 - N/A|N/A
    T3 - N/A|N/A
    T4 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T5 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T6 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T7 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T8 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T9 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T10 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T11 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T12 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T13 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T14 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus

Before bashing the bonuses already, i'm going to test them on PTR as soon as we know more about the removal SW:I.

Its quite strange they went so ShA oriented, probably its part of a bigger change.

P.s.: don't understimate Lock t15 because its not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopina View Post
    Just for the reference, here how Shadow Priest set bonuses have (d)evolved over time:

T1 - N/A|N/A
    T2 - N/A|N/A
    T3 - N/A|N/A
    T4 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T5 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T6 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T7 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T8 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T9 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T10 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T11 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T12 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T13 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    T14 - 2P Bonus|4P Bonus
    God t8 would be nice now...fuck you blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Before bashing the bonuses already, i'm going to test them on PTR as soon as we know more about the removal SW:I.
    Good luck getting the set items.
    Its quite strange they went so ShA oriented, probably its part of a bigger change.
    They had ShA as Orb Spender... They just like that bugged, slow and boring mechanic.
    as soon as we know more about the removal SW:I.
    It's not removed. They just forgot to give Shadow Holy Fire... -.-