Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Well GC said no cap on Twitter and a cap of 10 on the forums. Needs clarification although I doubt it will make a difference in reality...
    Even 4 is good if the AI is not downright retarded.

Deleted
    I don't want these bonuses.... We already have a deadbrain proc spec which we have to pick on most single target fights, why add some fking randomness thats actually not gona be a dps boost...? For crying out loud can't they see we have the worst scaling with bloodlust, the worst scaling with gear, and just one lazy ass cd that you just press. I can't believe blizz is happy to see SP in these conditions, and if there excuses "but your good in certain situation", I say f#ck you, we don't need some random dot extension, we need MF buff, a real cd to pop and toy with, a secondary resource that freaking scales with haste.... After seeing those shitty bonuses, and how little attention SP are getting on PTR compared to lock(which is getting massive buffs in survival, and I mean MASSIVE when it doesn't even need it), mage(lolilol blizz not happy with how mage has turned out with 2 spec top tiers),rogue(lol not happy about BF, when assa top tier in single target ...), I don't even want to play this game anymore.
    We suck at single target dps, and classes that can just press the respec button to be top tier in either aoe/single target fights should not be "fixed" before shitty specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    Just make shadow apps cast instead of zombie walk into mobs.
    Was thinking about that too, or have them switch to your current target if the other mob dies. But the latter would still require the apps to be able to reach the next target ofcourse. Has anyone already tried out the improved AI stuff they claimed to have made on the PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    Just make shadow apps cast instead of zombie walk into mobs.
    then give us a minor glyph turning them into valks - nibelung style
    They need to do this if they are going to continue to force them on us. They already did it with the summoned mirror image for mages from T12 and similar to the burning treant boomkin T12, imps for locks, etc. That would also look pretty awesome to have a fleet of ShAs sitting around you all casting some shadow bolt thing or mind flaying (or releasing flying ravens...drool). Keep the spawn cap lower and have them each cast 3 times. Then we can at least predict when our dots will be extended and adjust our casts appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    They need to do this if they are going to continue to force them on us. They already did it with the summoned mirror image for mages from T12 and similar to the burning treant boomkin T12, imps for locks, etc. That would also look pretty awesome to have a fleet of ShAs sitting around you all casting some shadow bolt thing or mind flaying (or releasing flying ravens...drool). Keep the spawn cap lower and have them each cast 3 times. Then we can at least predict when our dots will be extended and adjust our casts appropriately.
    Yes, let's give every single caster the exact same mechanic. That's fun.

Apparitions are fine, it's just that in this day and age, the concept of anything not being 100% (besides crit, oddly enough) absolutely boggles peoples' minds. FYI, you can't "predict" anything at a 65% activation rate (2pc t15) regardless of how the apparitions deal damage.

Deleted
    Start recasting Vamp when it has 2s remaining, bam your ShA hits the target mid casts and extends it for 1 tick => you have 1 dot tick wasted.

Someone said this and it nails the issue on the head. Even if the proc come with 4-5s left on the dot duration as my next 2-3 casts are always planned out.

hey its like pre-cata again with regards to dot clipping! so good! while warlocks have pandemic! i am so excited !

I wonder what exactly is blizz going to do about SW:Insanity vs 2pc bonus this time round. In T14 4pc, it was a flat 3sec increase to SW:Pain, which led to a flat 15% reduced amount of SW:Insanity casts, so it was easy to calculate a counteractive buff for Insanity.

However for T15 2pc, the extensions of SW:P is a lot more random and therefore it simply can't be fixed by slapping on another +15% buff to Insanity. Maybe increase the Insanity damage based on how many extensions the current SW:P has had?

Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    I wonder what exactly is blizz going to do about SW:Insanity vs 2pc bonus this time round. In T14 4pc, it was a flat 3sec increase to SW:Pain, which led to a flat 15% reduced amount of SW:Insanity casts, so it was easy to calculate a counteractive buff for Insanity.

However for T15 2pc, the extensions of SW:P is a lot more random and therefore it simply can't be fixed by slapping on another +15% buff to Insanity. Maybe increase the Insanity damage based on how many extensions the current SW:P has had?
    Wait, are you actually insinuating people use SW:I?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Whether or not people use SW:I is irrelevant. The point is that the set bonus is gimping one of our talents yet again, which it shouldn't. Blizzard is making the same mistake twice now. This issue may well cause blizz to rethink the set bonus altogether.
    And yes, there are people who use it. It may not be you and me, but there are people out there who use it. Do a couple of LFRs, there's bound to be a few times where you see some weird aura on your screen that resembles the FDCL proc.
    Last edited by zsun; 2013-01-12 at 09:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yes, yes I am. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    Do a couple of LFRs, there's bound to be a few times where you see some weird aura on your screen that resembles the FDCL proc.
    That's called the bad Priest detector aura.

Honestly, a lot of the Priest community was kind of hoping SW:I would be one of the "underused talents" GC mentioned they'd be looking at in 5.2. I'm sure they realize by now that the general consensus is that it's a terrible talent which retroactively scales with gear. Any Priest worth their salt will stay away from the talent because it is, by a very large margin, one of the worst talents ever designed by Blizzard.

IMO, they should change SW:I in one way to make it more viable

Shadow Word: Insanity

Instead of consuming the SW:P, make it extend SW:P to full duration.
    That way we get the recast we were about to do, and a powerful nuke we always wanted.

Maybe not perfect, but surely better than the current one.

Hopefully you guys are posting your concerns (in a civil, adult manner, so they are more likely to not be dismissive to your post) on the battle.net forums as well as in here.

I did some testing with the Apparitions, and I can't figure out why, but certain targets the apparitions will disappear before they reach my target if I'm over ~10-15 yards away. They do no damage. If you are on a different elevation (like on a platform, and the mob is below you), they will just sit on you for 3-4 seconds before disappearing.

This definitely happened on the dummies outside the Alliance shrine, and randomly a few times while I was testing out the dailies as well.

But again, in order for them to seriously look at how awkward their suggested 2 piece is for us, please post constructively on the forums. Avoid harsh language if you can. Lately I notice blue posters getting kind of short with people who are being short with them.

Deleted
    EU forums aren't even checked out by devs, or if they are I have yet to see a single comment from a Dev. And they seem more interested at how a 8 year old likes computer then how their community feels about their actual work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopina View Post
    IMO, they should change SW:I in one way to make it more viable

Shadow Word: Insanity

Instead of consuming the SW:P, make it extend SW:P to full duration.
    That way we get the recast we were about to do, and a powerful nuke we always wanted.

Maybe not perfect, but surely better than the current one.
    I 100% Concur with this. But GC and his 'class balance' team, will rather stick down our throats their original design plan for SW:I

10+ Year Old Account
    Max of 10 shA, but we'll never see 10 at the same time.

Why doesn't Blizzard just delete all Shadow Priests and let us all have another class at 90 with equivalent gear and ilvl? They could stop wasting their time and ours, and GC would have X more amount of Mages running around that he could touch himself to.

This is all jokes btw, but I am getting really fed up with being a Shadow Priest anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    That's called the bad Priest detector aura.
    Oh is that SW:I? I always wondered what the weird aura was.

Speaking of SWI...:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...36727449776128
    Greg Street
    ‏@Ghostcrawler
    @MichaNiech Surge of Darkness and Mindbender are decent burst buttons and we're trying to redesign Insanity to provide a third.
    Looks like we're getting that SWI redesign we've been asking for.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Greg Street
    ‏@Ghostcrawler
    @MichaNiech Surge of Darkness and Mindbender are decent burst buttons
    he actually think that PE burst button too >_<

p/s burst button everywhere