Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Latest T15 set bonuses on PTR

Quoting MMO Champ news article from today:

•Item - Warrior T15 DPS 2P Bonus (New) Your melee auto attacks have a chance to trigger Enrage.
    •Item - Warrior T15 DPS 4P Bonus (New) Activating Skull Banner now also increases your critical strike chance by 35% for 10 sec.
    •Item - Warrior T15 Protection 2P Bonus (New) Your Shield Slam and Revenge have a 10% chance to activate Victory Rush and increase the healing done by the next Impending Victory by 100%.
    •Item - Warrior T15 Protection 4P Bonus (New) Your abilities generate 50% more Rage when used against targets afflicted by Demoralizing Shout.
    While the prot ones don't really produce any "wow" effect and seem rather unreliable, the dps ones are interesting.

The 2p bonus seems very strong at least for fury (depending on proc chance of course), assuming it triggers a normal enrage with all its effects including rage gain, rb proc etc. There will naturally be some unreliable overlap with rb procs and enrages from other sources. The 4p on the other hand affects our cooldown stacking quite a lot and seems to require some math to determine where and how it's going to fit in the bursts compared to reck due to the fact that both can obviously no longer be used simultaneously if you have this 4p.

Deleted
    15% crit damage increase looks good. Only next tier back to a 5min Recklessness CD when you get 4pc so you can use it not as much as before plus a fight needs to be 5.5-6min in order to use it twice. 2pc seems very good, but I wonder what the proc chance is to hit enraged if it has a decent proc chance it means more Raging Blows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirinya View Post
    15% crit damage increase looks good. Only next tier back to a 5min Recklessness CD when you get 4pc so you can use it not as much as before plus a fight needs to be 5.5-6min in order to use it twice. 2pc seems very good, but I wonder what the proc chance is to hit enraged if it has a decent proc chance it means more Raging Blows.
    Well, it's not the crit damage bonus who got increased. Crit damage bonus remains at 20%, but in adition to that we get a small reckleness out of it. 35% increased crit chance. Now, that will be a very nice subject of discussions for months to come. What is it better?

A) Blow both skull banner and reck at the same time: 85% crit chance + the bonus crit damage for 10s, after that 2 sec of 50% crit chance
    B) Blow both skull banner and glyphed reck at the same time: 65% crit chance + bonus crit damage for 10s, after that another 8 sec of 30% crit chance
    C) One after another, Skull Banner and after wards Reck, or vice versa. (w/ or w/o reck glyph).

Well in my opinion B is our best bet. Since 65% crit chance + our normal crit chance will get us around 100% crit chance. You will not miss anything from that what the crit damage bonus skull banner is giving you.

Deleted
    The prot one makes me sad. Does this mean the victory rush talent will become mandatory?
    And the second bonus? What?... Both of these seem useless imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    The prot one makes me sad. Does this mean the victory rush talent will become mandatory?
    If anything it would probably devalue Impending Victory if it doesn't reset its cd.

DPS 2p will need different (lower) proc chance for fury or it will be far too strong compared to the benefit arms will get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    I'm sure they just made the set bonus before they buffed IV

Love the 4 set, 2 warriors in my group atm.

Thinking of letting the tank pop his banner first + my Reck, then rolling that into my banner +4set.

I guess we see what the numbers are like

+1 for the warrior tier bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    I'm sure they just made the set bonus before they buffed IV
    I was thinking this too. Having IV give 30% of your hp is quite insane . Altough the 4piece doesn't seem spectacular it seems Really gooooood! on first sight it's like a flatout huge increase to Sblock & Sbarrier uptime

So with the DPS 2 set giving enrage and 4 set crit capping [with reck] us during burst window would we be seeing mastery/ hit pulling ahead in stat weight, if so amd the enrage giving us rage will we go back to wotlk style and macro h strike with blood thirst since rage gain will be excessive and wild strike now costing 0 rage with proc seems like it will be op
    I Delight in the Irony

Armory, Warcraft logs, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Genzoo View Post
    Well, it's not the crit damage bonus who got increased. Crit damage bonus remains at 20%, but in adition to that we get a small reckleness out of it. 35% increased crit chance. Now, that will be a very nice subject of discussions for months to come. What is it better?

A) Blow both skull banner and reck at the same time: 85% crit chance + the bonus crit damage for 10s, after that 2 sec of 50% crit chance
    B) Blow both skull banner and glyphed reck at the same time: 65% crit chance + bonus crit damage for 10s, after that another 8 sec of 30% crit chance
    C) One after another, Skull Banner and after wards Reck, or vice versa. (w/ or w/o reck glyph).

Well in my opinion B is our best bet. Since 65% crit chance + our normal crit chance will get us around 100% crit chance. You will not miss anything from that what the crit damage bonus skull banner is giving you.
    Im going for option D
    D) Blow recklessness while the tank pops banner then your own banner when it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Genzoo View Post

i would go with C) as Fury, for the reason that bloodthirst has dubble crit chance, so anything over 51,2% crit is just wasted crit on that attack. So, with this we can have a window of atleast 28 seconds garanteed enrage uptime and RB procs every 4,5 seconds + additional from, 2P bonus and collosus procs. seems OK to me.

i will however, miss poping reck every 2.5 to 3 minutes in a fight. from tier 14.
    I would not be supprised to see if t14 maths out better then T15 in raw DPS, unless, the stats gain going from T14 to T15 is a bigger boost.

the 4 set would be nice for dps if banner wasn't a raid cd so it kind of messes everything up, Im guessing they thought we could then use the reck glyph and have a 10 second big crit bonus with an 8 second smaller one afters to perhaps compensate for it being a 5min cd again. It really needs to be reduced to a 3min cd at least as 5 mins its just too long now for a cd we rely on for burst.
    The prot 2 pc is nice for those of us who used IV as a healing talent, with enraged regen being made more friendly its a shame to have a 2 set linked to a class talent, but you can always take enraged regen and just have free VR at various times, the problem is you want reliable healing cds not random proc ones with a limited time use. The 4 set is nice as it make demo shout essentially a threat cd for spamming extra cleave's if needed on large pulls or extra HS for more single target dmg, but also extra rage for more barriers which makes it almost like the old avatar on a 1min cd.

The more I'm thinking about these set bonuses (dps ones) the worse they're appearing to be...

2pc - Either way I look at it as is, fury will benefit way more from this, as more enrage leads to more rb in addition to more uptime of enrage

4pc - This bonus is not as bad, but it seems stacking warriors would lead to higher dps from the warriors, meaning running more than one warrior could help dps (more so in a 10man)

The 2pc is really gonna need some fine tuning if arms is suppose to benefit the same as fury from it, on the ppm or not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinkydo View Post
    So with the DPS 2 set giving enrage and 4 set crit capping [with reck] us during burst window would we be seeing mastery/ hit pulling ahead in stat weight, if so amd the enrage giving us rage will we go back to wotlk style and macro h strike with blood thirst since rage gain will be excessive and wild strike now costing 0 rage with proc seems like it will be op
    you wouldn't want to use your own skull banner with rec unglyphed, I think you are over estimating the gains on theses, the enrage off white swings will only boost our rage gains by a small margin. as for stats crit will still be dominate and mastery will only climb a tiny bit, the wotlk style of macroing HS wont happen.

Would be nice if the 2p really procs rb which I somewhat doubt but it could bring back a bit of fury feeling.

whoranzone, you know its not bloodthirst and colossus smash that gives us the Raging blow procs, its gaining an enrage effect, and as the 2P bonus gives us just a enrage effect, it will give us a Raging blow stack.

the question should be do mastery : strike of oppertunity proc the 2P bonus?

and is the 2P proc normalized over weapon attack speed, else, SMF will pull a head alot with even larger enrage uptime and rage gain, then TG, and that would be a sad thing, to force all warriors to go SMF, du to TG being inferior with 2P T15 Bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwi View Post
    whoranzone, you know its not bloodthirst and colossus smash that gives us the Raging blow procs, its gaining an enrage effect, and as the 2P bonus gives us just a enrage effect, it will give us a Raging blow stack.
    I am aware of that. From what I see though a couple of 2p set bonuses don't appear that strong so I wouldn't be that surprised if it would be just intended to increase the uptime of the damage bonus of enrage slightly.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-01-10 at 01:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwi View Post
    the question should be do mastery : strike of oppertunity proc the 2P bonus?
    and is the 2P proc normalized over weapon attack speed, else, SMF will pull a head alot with even larger enrage uptime and rage gain, then TG, and that would be a sad thing, to force all warriors to go SMF, du to TG being inferior with 2P T15 Bonus.
    arms is balanced around not having a large enrage up time so giving it the same proc chance as SMF would make it OP.

What I'm most impressed with this Tier is more that tanks and healers have generally received more spec specific and UNIQUE Tier bonuses. Like in the past it's always been (tanks for example), reduces the CD on 'Insert Biggest CD here' and every class got exactly the same which is just boring. At least this time they're making things different and interesting across the board.

With that out of the way, and my happiness towards Unique bonuses has kind of made me not be overly angry about the Warrior bonuses themselves in regards to the Prot ones. But frankly they are very underwhelming. 10s of Demo Shout every 1minute, you already have a 20% Physical Reduction with the CD up, so that kind of reduces the value of the Shield Blocks/Sbars you do since the mob isn't even hitting you that hard anyway. However this does have some decent usage in a pure magic fight, like Lei Shi, you can put that Demo Shout up every minute and 50% more rage = Tons more Mitigation, but those fights are extremely limited. Also in regards to the 2PC I reckon they've worded that wrong or it will definitely change, Blizzard has specifically stated that they will make changes to talents if every warrior PVP'ing or PVE'ing is picking the same talent, and this is basically forcing every PVE Prot Warrior into IV which imo seems stupid.

Deleted
    All tank boni across the classes seem to be rather lacking with the only exception being Paladin 2P (Casting Word of Glory or Eternal Flame also grants you 40% additional block chance for 5 sec per Holy Power.) Regulary i looked forward to completing my set but this tier and the next are rather unappealing for the bonus sake. But to be fair having a 30% (glyphed) victory rush avaible for 20 seconds isn't to shabby but as stated before it's totally unreliable.