A question from a noob

Hi guys

I would be very interested in RPing, reading the stories and peoples characters, I would like to know do i just have to do research then bring a character to life? or is there for to it?

Deleted
    I sugest you take a look and Moongaldes forum, as far as i know it is a very RP heavy server

Thanx will have a look at them. And for Rping here in the forums?

Deleted
    Haven't seen any serious RP on these forums. I could be wrong tho.

Sorry think I'm getting confused, the people in this section write about there character that they have created on a RP Server?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily, I Rp frequently on this forum. To get started all you need is a character. This character will be one of the races from Azeroth and a BIO is their tale how they came to be the individual you role-play as today. You would assume this person's persona as you engage in a storyline called an "RP" with other role-players who would interact with you and other characters, both enemies and friends.

Once you had a set character, story and the lore around him, her or it is sound then you're ready to join other people in a role-play. We have beginning role-plays such as the Salty Sailor Tavern which is designed to get new role-players into the swing of things. But if you feel you're ready I have an upcoming RP called War of the Greys: Aegwynn's Vengeance. This is the fourth part of a series that I've made over the last year. We have a group of regulars that would be more than happy to guide you through the story and help you have a more enjoyable experience.

So, BIO then RP, basically that's it. If you need to research we'd recommend Wowpedia, and feel free to ask questions. If however you decide to switch forums then you'll meet a similar process and that's up to you. An important part of choosing a forum is community and you should decide what group you'd like to be involved with. (Of course you can be a member of multiple.)

I wish you luck, for a BIO template check out our stickies or my character page below. The stickies go in depth about the template, my character page would be for examples of successful BIOs. Good luck and I look forward to RPing with you!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t=Salty+tavern
    Last edited by Darced; 2013-01-10 at 11:57 AM.

Thank u very much, that is exactly what i was looking for, appreciate everyone's input. I'll start with research and will start on a BIO this weekend, i can't wait to RP with and the rest of the community

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a time as any to celebrate.... SMILEY FACES!

On a note of seriousness, great! Lemme know if I could be of service. Always happy to help, along with Khorianas, Madgod and Mexyragos. We're all able to assist and RP including those not mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    And for example Bios (which are not so very good, but can give you an idea at least) you can check my singature (under this post). Hope it helps. See you around!

First of all one should direct you towards the Sticky thread for Character Creation we made. It answers most basic questions about the how tos.

Character Creation

On Topic reading stories, we were about to collect the finished RP's in a dedicated thread, but that effort sadly got forgotten. Maybe we can pick that up someday. It's possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did mention the stickies. Though I should have emphasized the a bit more, true. Yes, please check out the Char create sticky, it's very helpful.

I like providing convenient links Darced, that's all

Aditionally I wanted to whine about the unfinished scroll of Lore,...

10+ Year Old Account
    well then, all of my completed rps will be linked in my signature so if youre interested they will be there. Goodluck compiling and let me know if your require my most coveted of services. Btw the Kun Lai Summit music is epic :P Too bad I quit wow, ill come back later prolly lol

The links are below in the "Greys Faction" link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsXEY...15C3D81C79BCEA
    Last edited by Darced; 2013-01-10 at 02:36 PM.

will do thanx again for everything

Yea I would highly recommend looking through the stickies in the rp forums here. Like yourself I am rather new to the whole idea of role-playing and got a really good start just reading through the stickies. They give you a really good template on how to write your character bio and links to sites (that most if not all) rpers on the forums here use that give you very helpful info to write it up.. make sure you really give it a good read through though (specifically the unofficial timeline on wowpedia).

Best of luck with your character bio! Can't wait to give it a read through!!!

going to be so much fun

As mentioned before, there are many of us who would not mind at all helping you out whatsoever! As stated before, if you need any more information on biographies, mine are in my signature as well. Looking forward to your bio. I hold no doubts that it will be interesting and a good read! Welcome aboard!
    Pyromaniac protégé.