Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heroic Garalon & wind lord tips!

Hey guys just wondering what tips you got for these 2. We haven't tried garalon yet but made attempts on wind lord. We cc all 3 trappers and when the menders go down we get him to around 70ish. So I'm just wondering what kind tips you can share! Forgot to mention its 10man

Actually we are not trying him, but I heard that you get him to maybe something like 80% before killing the menders. This makes the windbomb phase a little shorter. No other ideas so far

Deleted
    We just focus down the menders with some cleaves on the boss and when he get the buff we use Heroism, pots etc and burn him down to around 50-60%. Then we kill off the battlemasters and burn the boss to ~30%, then menders again and when they're dead we kill the boss. Key is interrupts and dispels and obv not standing in shit. Have both 2 and 3 healed it with 2 tanks.

Deleted
    Garalon: Have a decent Cd rotation for the crushes, switch pheromones before the crush, use single target cooldowns on people with pheromones for the crush.

Windlord: Interrupt, don't stand in whirling blade, discpriest smiteheal during reck, shadows VE for the recklessness-rain (we always have one since we chain 2 recklessness phases)

If you CC all three trappers, doesn't it take you forever to get them down once you've killed the other two groups? And all the while the boss is hitting with two stacks of the buff?

Disclaimer, I haven't done this one on heroic yet so there may be considerations I don't know. But for us in boring regular mode we decided that killing groups 2 and 3 close together, with the boss around 78%, was the ideal way to go. I'd love to hear counterarguments.

Deleted
    Nino, the fight (just like most) works differently in hc. You don't get a stacking buff on the boss, instead you get a massive damage increase on him for 30 seconds. In addition to this every pack respawns ~45 sec (I think) after they're killed. This means that the strat basically involves ccing all 3 trappers during the entire fight, kill one pack, burn the boss, kill the other pack, burn the boss, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Nino, the fight (just like most) works differently in hc. You don't get a stacking buff on the boss, instead you get a massive damage increase on him for 30 seconds. In addition to this every pack respawns ~45 sec (I think) after they're killed. This means that the strat basically involves ccing all 3 trappers during the entire fight, kill one pack, burn the boss, kill the other pack, burn the boss, and so on.
    I think you still have the stacking debuff, but it actually doesn't stack because there's only one group dead at a time. I think he also does 50% more damage while one group is dead.

How do you survive the korthik strike from 3 of those guys?

Deleted
    Can you kill 2 packs simultaneously, does this benefit you in any way?

1 tank wind lord, not 2. It's laughably easy to 1 tank (even on 25m HC) as a protpal (granted I top healing on that fight as well, so YMMV based on your MT class) and allows for an additional DPS. We raid 25, but we 1 tank 5 heal 25H, so I would assume a 1tank 2 heals 10man would work as well. Trappers CC'd whole time, interrupts on menders and kill them first. Lust on first reckless, should have 3-4 add deaths depending on DPS. Honestly it's almost easier than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    I think you still have the stacking debuff, but it actually doesn't stack because there's only one group dead at a time. I think he also does 50% more damage while one group is dead.

Not sure if you CAN stack the buff, we just prefer to chain them back to back. He DOES do 50% more dmg, but it's nothing to significant if you can dodge the boomerang. To survive Korthik strikes, just make sure to dispel (mass dispel if possible) the Quickening buff prior to the strike. We had a shadow and a disc alternate dispels while the menders were alive, and it was never a danger for the charge target.

For Garalon, what helped a ton for us was having tanks take the debuff in the middle of the rotation. We only needed to do it once, and we got him to 30% (tank-n-spank phase) before the tanks were due on pheremones again.

GL
    Last edited by Nairobi; 2013-01-10 at 03:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    If you CC all three trappers, doesn't it take you forever to get them down once you've killed the other two groups? And all the while the boss is hitting with two stacks of the buff?

Disclaimer, I haven't done this one on heroic yet so there may be considerations I don't know. But for us in boring regular mode we decided that killing groups 2 and 3 close together, with the boss around 78%, was the ideal way to go. I'd love to hear counterarguments.
    In heroic you never kill the Trappers, they are CCed the whole fight you just kill Menders, Blades, Menders.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

Mel'jarak :
    1 tank and 2 ou 3 healers (I prefer 3 heals).
    You should CC 2 trappers and 1 blade-master otherwise there is a high risk to lose someone with each charge.
    Assign 2 kickers for each mender and focus them down first (everybody should cleave but pets/auto attacks should go on the menders as well).
    Lust + potion and every DPS CD for the 1st recklessness, Healers should DPS if they have time.
    Never, ever kill 2 packs at the same time, you'll lose 1 whole recklessness phase.
    When menders repop, tank them and cleave them down again. You can ignore the trapper, it'll most likely take more time to single him down than to cleave menders again. Up to you though.
    tanking : a huge part of the damage disappears when the menders dies so use your tank CDs as needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post

It doesn't stack, but he does deal 50% more damage during the period. You basically just pop a PW:S or (if you don't have a priest) a small defensive cd on the targetted person, assuming that you don't let the mender buff stack most classes will survive even without one.

What if you have no mass dispel for wind-lord? Which adds would you prefer to CC? We do have 2 paladins in the group who could hand of protection people out of the amber traps.

Quote Originally Posted by NotPrepared View Post
    What if you have no mass dispel for wind-lord? Which adds would you prefer to CC? We do have 2 paladins in the group who could hand of protection people out of the amber traps.
    I personally liked our strat of ccing all 3 ambers. kill menders > blade lords > menders > blade lords again if needed. getting rid of menders greatly lowers the damage throughout the fight and you don't have to worry about adds getting healed up due to a miss interrupt.

in our 10man we often have someone on dispel duty, shaman, mage, dk. they get the fun job of tabbing through targets and dispelling until the menders are gone.
    we have 2 priests, the healer never dispels and the spriest is too worried about his dps. Cast it 6 times during 2 sets of menders, even with one or two of the mender's heals getting through.
    prot warriors can use shield slam as well.
    Last edited by bals; 2013-01-10 at 05:34 PM.

Still always CC all trappers. Having one trapper out and 1 striker CC'd as suggested above seems....foolish. You're spreading damage over too much, allowing for trap chaining and will likely encounter spacing issues once wind bombs come out. It's liekly doable, just not ideal.

You can singletarget dispel/purge the strikers if you have no mass dispel. Additionally, and personal def-CDs can and should be used if targetted, and you should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

It really makes very little difference on the overall length of the fight since you don't kill the trapper 3rd but the menders who re-spawned.

How do you survive the triple charge ? It hits for 3x160k (and I wear mail), although it is possible to survive with a cd, it seems unlikely that you'll have one every time it's needed, or am I wrong ?

Really CCing a blade lord is just for safety at the expense of a little bit of chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    It really makes very little difference on the overall length of the fight since you don't kill the trapper 3rd but the menders who re-spawned.

How do you survive the triple charge ? It hits for 3x160k (and I wear mail), although it is possible to survive with a cd, it seems unlikely that you'll have one every time it's needed, or am I wrong ?

Really CCing a blade lord is just for safety at the expense of a little bit of chaos.
    Aslong as your dispeller is on top of removing quickening off the bladelords, there is no way they the charge target will ever be 1 hit if they are topped off. Especially if you have a disc priest as one of the healers, throwing a shield on that person helps significantly. Besides that, most classes (if not all) some sort of minor CD that can be popped to help healers out.

Thanks for the tip! Couldn't zone into HoF last night -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    Can you kill 2 packs simultaneously, does this benefit you in any way?
    It's a waste. You want to kill one pack, burn boss for duration, then kill the other pack and burn. This will stagger the respawns as well.

Deleted
    Any of you guys had troubles with the interrupts? I'm on my guild's interrupt rotation on this boss while tanking, and last night Raeli's Spell Anouncer was indicating my rebuke being resisted and we did experienced some Mender's heals going through. Any thoughts?