Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    You're using numbers that plain don't matter, that's your mistake. Your math is way overcomplicated.

For one, all of the non-damage effects of crit can be converted to a damage gain and averaged. As ichime has noted, 31.5% is 5% more than 30%, so the total damage gain from increased crit can simply be calculated as a 5% increase to this gain plus the gain from simply doing more critical damage.

The absolute lower boundary for the gain from 1.5% crit at this point is 1.2%. I don't know what the average gain from additional dot ticks and SS procs is(and really don't care enough to calculate it right now), but we can guarantee that it is >=0.

At no point during all this do you ever have to calculate the number of actual critical events. It's completely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    Except going from 30% to 31.5% increases the likelihood of getting a crit by 5%.
    How does this work out? Not disagreeing, I'd just curious at this point.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    How does this work out? Not disagreeing, I'd just curious at this point.
    Think of it like this, going from 50% crit to 100% crit does not increase your crit chance by 50%. You are doubling your crit chance so this is an increase of your crit chance of 100%.

50/50 = 1.0 (100%) 1.5/30 = .05 (5%)
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-01-17 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Think of it like this, going from 50% crit to 100% crit does not increase your crit chance by 50%. You are doubling your crit chance so this is an increase of your crit chance of 100%.

50/50 = 1.0 (100%) 1.5/30 = .05 (5%)
    Ohh, I see. Never would have thought about it that way.

Thanks for explaining it; I appreciate it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Completely off topic, but Starfall no longer breaks CC! Wrath was released in late 2008 so it only took 5 years. Victory none the less!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Completely off topic, but Starfall no longer breaks CC! Wrath was released in late 2008 so it only took 5 years. Victory none the less!
    No way it's going to work, they'll just break it some other way
    Atleast they're trying

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    No way it's going to work, they'll just break it some other way
    Atleast they're trying
    Didn't they fix it last patch. Then gave us that whole excuse with "paying attention to your AOE" because it didn't work (maybe didn't go live)? Either way, yay!

Now if they will make Starfall stop attacking targets flagged for combat when we don't exist on their threat table... /onecandream

*prays that the fix holds*

Deleted
    maybe in 2015 it will work without bugging!

Well, it does work to at least some degree. I just aggroed some random beast, hibernated it, popped Starfall and it did not get hit by it until i manually knocked it out of the CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainiunit View Post
    Item - Druid T15 Balance 4P Bonus (New) Nature's Grace now also grants 1,000 critical strike and 1,000 mastery for its duration.

With that being said, will taking soul of the forest be the best option to maximize up time on this beauty?
    So exciting.
    Hmm... I never thought of that.. would be pretty damn awesome uptime on those bonuses, but missing incarnation would just feel weird. lol