Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Zandalari 5.2 Spoilers

The Zandalari

It is said the God King Rastakhan, ruler of the Zandalari, lords over his mighty kingdom from a throne carved of solid gold.

Years ago, as he sat on this opulent seat of power, he was visited by his most trusted prophet: Zul.

Zul warned King Rastakhan of a terrible Cataclysm. For Zul had seen a vision of a great armored dragon clenching the world in his ferocious jaws.

Months later Zul returned, bearing more grim news from his visions. He saw a legion of serpents pouring forth from a gaping fissure that tore open the floor of the ocean. Still, King Rastakhan did nothing.

Finally, mere months before the Cataclysm, Zul returned. Tearing his clothes and throwing his staff to the ground, Zul spoke of earthquakes and tidal waves. He described the golden capital of Zandalar slowly sinking beneath the waves in the aftermath of the Cataclysm, its once-great people drowning as their mighty works slipped forever beneath the sea.

King Rastakhan tired of Zul and his troubling nightmares. To be rid of the prophet, he granted Zul the use of his largest ships, so that he and his followers could seek a new land if his visions came to pass.

And his visions DID come to pass. When Deathwing rose from the Maelstrom, dark, angry waves crashed into the Zandalari capital. The spine of the land broke in two, and soon, the city and all its riches began to slide into the hungry sea. The Zandalari people turned to their King for help, but there was only one Zandalari equipped to help them: The prophet Zul.

The prophet, and the mighty warfleet he had assembled while his King sat idle. You see, the TRUE power of Kings and Emperors stems from the power to aid their people. The moment they fail, they cede their power to the one who can.
    That was datamind from SOL

o wow, Rasta, you disappoint me

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what happened to Rastakhan then, did he die when the land broke in two or is he just not seen as the leader anymore.. And if he's not the leader anymore, is he just chilling around or what?
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any word as to if we'll see Zul in the following patch?

Deleted
    Looks like King Rastafar- Rastakhan I mean, scored a political own goal, allowing this Zul guy to usurp his authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I wonder what happened to Rastakhan then, did he die when the land broke in two or is he just not seen as the leader anymore.. And if he's not the leader anymore, is he just chilling around or what?
    I hope he's still alive, it would be a shame if he died in the Cataclysm.

I hope that this means Rastakhan will be our ally when we meet him and all this troll drama that has been caused during/after cata is all Zul's doing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teippi View Post
    I hope that this means Rastakhan will be our ally when we meet him and all this troll drama that has been caused during/after cata is all Zul's doing
    If he's still alive, which I hope, I can't really see him opposing this. He's the one who gave away a fleet of ships to Zul and told him to take anyone who wanted to follow with him, and that's what he did. If he didn't think that many of the trolls would follow him he's just an idiot >< Or, I guess he COULD oppose it, but who would follow him after doing something so stupid? After all the shit the trolls been giving us I don't see us befriending him either.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Meh... I always wanted to see Zandalari Isles, King Rastakhan and wanted to know who was that misterous prohpert Zul.
    Hope we'll be able to see them one day ingame

Awesome, some nice info on what's happened! So Zandalar went down into the seas after going kaboom and attacked by Naga, I suppose.

So Zandalar won't be a place we'll go unless:
    1. We go underwater and the ruins are down there to explore.
    2. It's raised from the seas somehow (by Azshara perhaps).

And I guess Rastakhan is pretty fucked atm... He's either:
    1. Dead and went down with the ship (but maybe could be revived somehow).
    2. Went down with the ship and made some deal with the naga to survive and serve.
    3. Still king, but only in title and not in power.
    4. A prisoner or simple worker with Zul having become king.

I really do hope we'll see both Zul and Rastakhan in the near future, and if Rastakhan isn't having much hope with his (former) people, then maybe we can have him instead, I'm sure we could find a purpose for him. ;-D

10+ Year Old Account
    While we know little of King Rastafariman, it seems somewhat uncharacteristic of the God-King of the Zandalari (the most scholary, eldest and powerful of trolls) to ignore the warnings of his most powerful, trusted prophet.

Maybe he was corrupted by the Sha of Apathy.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2013-01-10 at 01:08 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Im sorry i dont pve, are they really going make ANOTHER troll raid/dungeon/whatever??

Worst.... Story... Ever!!

Most of us are hoping so, there's quite of bit of Zandalari vs everyone lore we're hoping to see resolved.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

I wanted to explore this place sooo much...
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Zuldazar

He saw a legion of serpents pouring forth from a gaping fissure that tore open the floor of the ocean. Still, King Ranothing.stakhan did

That is what I find to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    He saw a legion of serpents pouring forth from a gaping fissure that tore open the floor of the ocean. Still, King Ranothing.stakhan did

Free Naga after Cataclysm?

15+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2301720366 This has been known for a long time right?

4.1 Description

"In years past, the Zandalar tribe, encompassing the wise and scholarly progenitors of the trolls, heroically assisted the Horde and the Alliance with thwarting the nefarious activities of their brethren in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Drak. Yet the chaos unleashed by the recent Cataclysm has reshaped the Zandalari's philosophy about the world and the dwindling remnants of their race. Led by a mysterious prophet known only as Zul, the Zandalari have issued a call to Azeroth's embattled troll populations: unite into a single mighty empire and save their race from extinction.

Thus far, the Gurubashi and Amani trolls have answered the summons and received aid from the Zandalari, allowing them to rebuild their respective capitals in Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman. Not all trolls, however, have so eagerly adopted the Zandalari's grandiose vision of a new troll empire. Vol'jin and his Darkspear tribe are opposed to the warmongering espoused by Zul. To prevent the burgeoning Gurubashi and Amani troll forces from wreaking havoc on Azeroth, Vol'jin has reached out to his Horde comrades and members of the Alliance for assistance. Should the Darkspears' campaign fail, a new troll empire shall rise and bring war to a world already beset by suffering and conflict.
    "
    Last edited by Trollhammer; 2013-01-10 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    While we know little of King Rastafariman, it seems somewhat nucharacteristic of the God-King of the Zandalari (the most scholary, eldest and powerful of trolls) to ignore the warnings of his most powerful, trusted prophet.

Maybe he was corrupted by the Sha of Apathy.
    Well, there were no really obvious warning signs, no especially destructive magic being channeled, nothing to really prove Zul right. Rastakhan might also have thought that since they escaped when the world was shattered once before, they could do so again.

I can easily see the Zandalari feeling overconfident, since they felt they were powerful enough to detect and prevent any possible didaster. The Horde pretty much ignored Drek'thar's warnings as well, after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Well, there were no really obvious warning signs, no especially destructive magic being channeled, nothing to really prove Zul right. Rastakhan might also have thought that since they escaped when the world was shattered once before, they could do so again.

I can easily see the Zandalari feeling overconfident, since they felt they were powerful enough to detect and prevent any possible didaster. The Horde pretty much ignored Drek'thar's warnings as well, after all.
    Yes, well. True, but obviously, the horde is an allegiance of idiots, where the Zandalari were supposed to be wise.

/fuels the bonfire :9
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post

same.... was thikning huh.... queen azshara expansion inc??? :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!