10+ Year Old Account

Pvper's ( a hat tip to you)

Been playing wow for about 4 years now and have never touched pvp. I started to pvp about a month now and I have to say I give you good pvper's out there a hat tip. Such quick thinking responding etc. Nuff said

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't even come close to those korean SC champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zots View Post
    and the DDR champs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zots View Post
    In SC you don't have to deal with a 1sec GCD. Here you need to constantly react to what the other player/team is doing, while in starcraft you focus a lot on getting your shit build and from time to time you check what your opponent is doing and adapt to it.

2 different type of games, you can't really compare it.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    In SC you don't have to deal with a 1sec GCD. Here you need to constantly react to what the other player/team is doing, while in starcraft you focus a lot on getting your shit build and from time to time you check what your opponent is doing and adapt to it.

Oh god you just made me imagine what WoW would be like with a 0.5s GCD instead.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Oh god you just made me imagine what WoW would be like with a 0.5s GCD instead.
    Play a mage and spam icelance.

Bold is true for every competitive thing in the universe.

Italic is why you're in Bronze league.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Bold is true for every competitive thing in the universe.

Italic is why you're in Bronze league.
    Just saying, I don't play starcraft... But I'm fairly sure that in SC you can only react to what you have vision on. When you get your vision denied on an opponents base, you have no idea what he's building and you can't build counters for it until it's to late.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    before pvp i was a clicking pack peddler. now im not.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    before pvp i was a clicking pack peddler. now im not.
    So much this. PvP forced me to become not only a competent player, but one who uses efficient methods to control his character as well.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Ty kind sir. I'm the opposite, I PvP'd for 5 years and I'm now starting raid progression with my guild.

Any RTS game isn't just based on scouting the enemy and adapting. The multi-tasking, macro, micro and APM is what makes those outstanding koreans or any pro for that matter insane at what they do.

Some of the top notch PvPer's in WoW are pretty intense as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    Been playing wow for about 4 years now and have never touched pvp. I started to pvp about a month now and I have to say I give you good pvper's out there a hat tip. Such quick thinking responding etc. Nuff said
    Don't forget too, whatever you are doing that you are calling pvp probably isn't even in competitive form - like arena or RGBs, you are probably just doing regular BGs which most people don't even try that hard in (hence easy). But like everything in life, and wow - this is just a 'you get better with time' thing. Learning what needs to be interrupted and what is a fake cast - who the most important targets are.. stuff like that comes with time.

Deleted

A good SC player is checking on what his opponent is doing and is reacting to it while building and managing 3-4 bases at the same time, they often have a APM going well above 100-120, with the real pro's going closer to 200-300.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-01-15 at 06:11 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    So much this. PvP forced me to become not only a competent player, but one who uses efficient methods to control his character as well.
    Liez! Tanks backpedal all the time! But other than that, pvp did that to me too lol.
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

Been playing my hunter so long I don't even think about it. It's just a reaction, like a 2nd nature or something. I f'ing love it.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy