Thread: 5 vs 5 arena

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

5 vs 5 arena

(I know very little about arena or rated PvP).

Why is it that I hear a lot about 2 vs. 2 and 3 vs. 3 arena, but hear almost nothing about 5 vs. 5 arena?

Because 5v5 is with 5 players, obviously, and having 5 good players online at the same time being able to play for long times is very hard. 5s is also not very balanced because of the burst you have, it's chaos-gameplay with most teams. There are some decent 5s teams out there but it's usually not as satisfying to play competitively as 3s.

Blizzard looks at 3s for balancing Arena gameplay, so you can find yourself playing some damn awkward teams in 5s.

It can be a lot of fun though, but finding 4 other people to play with is quite hard and the queue times are damn long.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it sounds like a lot of fun. Any OP teams you know of?

I don't know any comps that are OP atm. because I haven't really played 5s in MOP. I would say any melee cleave or wizard comp would do decent. Next patch a warrior, hunter, rogue and 2 healers will probably be very sick. That's fun of 5s aswell, enemy teams usually aren't great in countering and because of the chaos many comps can work.

You can check the top comps in a few ladders for an idea I guess, but then again, they usually are very high 3s players already meaning they can have the worst comp but still have a chance on rank 1 5s just because of their synergy.

I saw a 5s team of 5 BM hunters the other day. Funniest shit

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    I find 5's to be extremely boring, as does like every single high rated player I know - it's just seen as the "free rank 1" bracket for when there are too many teams to share the titles properly in 3's.

If you want an overpowered comp you're probably looking to play either mage/SP/warrior/shaman/paladin, demo/sp/mage/shaman/paladin or the infamous and extremely retarded triple healer warrior mage setup. Though to be fair the latter has a really small skill cap (I wonder why) and the other 2 have a lot higher ones, so if you're good you're better off going with a non-idiotic one rather than turtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    I find 5's to be extremely boring, as does like every single high rated player I know
    Queue up, wait 10-30 minutes for a queue (unless you're wintrading obviously), and then randomly burst down whoever is in LoS until a kill is scored.

That's the 5v5 bracket up to (and probably past) 2.2k.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    I find 5's to be extremely boring, as does like every single high rated player I know - it's just seen as the "free rank 1" bracket for when there are too many teams to share the titles properly in 3's.

If you want an overpowered comp you're probably looking to play either mage/SP/warrior/shaman/paladin, demo/sp/mage/shaman/paladin or the infamous and extremely retarded triple healer warrior mage setup. Though to be fair the latter has a really small skill cap (I wonder why) and the other 2 have a lot higher ones, so if you're good you're better off going with a non-idiotic one rather than turtle.
    So you hate people that turtle? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tYJdX78nEI

Haha, sorry just had to.

Rogue/Monk/Ret/Priest/Hunter will be fun next season, Ring of Peace on your melee followed by the Ret insta-gibbing two players while the rogue ambush spams kids from 30 yards away in smokebomb with the hunter+priest so they can't be cc'd, while they blow up the last of the enemy team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Rogue/Monk/Ret/Priest/Hunter will be fun next season, Ring of Peace on your melee followed by the Ret insta-gibbing two players while the rogue ambush spams kids from 30 yards away in smokebomb with the hunter+priest so they can't be cc'd, while they blow up the last of the enemy team.
    You are aware that the ret crap on AJ is just a joke, right?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do you counter the triple healer + mage + warrior comp?