Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    They used fel crystals to power their city those are gone now, they were the primary source of corruption.
    I wonder how much of an impact an "ordinary" warlock would have on their surroundings, especially around other blood elves, who are magically sensitive. I mean would they not be a similarly concentrated "beacon" of fel?

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    yeah the SSO didn't really need the Horde or Alliance to be there I mean they had the Naaru, I mean it wasn't an easy fight but at the same time there weren't a lot of Blood Elves or Draenei there I mean it was basically just a contingent of Shattrath's forces there and they did fine stopping the legion
    Regarding the Naaru, not to get engaged in another dick-waving fest, but the Legion was marshaling some pretty heavy weaponry in the form of Kil'jaeden. As powerful as they may be, KJ is at the pinnacle of the Eredar's power. Even the blue dragons had to fight in droves to overwhelm him. And he was not the only Eredar warlock there; the Eredar Twins, for all we know, were probably also incredibly formidable foes. Plus there was M'uru. It was a full throttle assault by the Legion. I doubt they poured as much energy into the original Well even.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2013-01-10 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That's one odd looking Spellbreaker, no shield, no glaive, no helm... Bleh.
    may not look as cool, but at least it looks that are present from 5.1.

apparently in 5.2 will have a more traditional aesthetic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    The Horde wouldn't want the full force of the Blue Dragonflight against them, would they? They'd stand no chance against such might.
    There isn't the Blue Dragonflight left. They broke up. There isn't even one at nexus anymore. They are just Blue Dragons now who are all independent.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Not the OP but I thought I'd post some stuff that might be of interest to people not playing the PTR. Sorry for the big post.

Here's the entrance to the area, flanked by two Spellbreakers. The Kirin Tor symbols floating in the background are called Sunreaver Perimeter Wards and are clickable. Right clicking them 'charges' them, and right clicking a smaller symbol in the pedestals destroys them. Not sure what their purpose is yet and whether the models are currently placeholders on Horde side.

Rommath. Not sure if Halduron is around but I haven't found him.

This big guy is stood still on the bridges connecting the two areas that make up the hub. Level 90 elite, I believe.

There are several of these Sunreaver Mana Collectors lying around. Clicking them gives you a 60 second buff called Mana Flux which increases your haste by 30% and reduces resource cost of spells by 30%.

Aethas with Sunwalker Dezco.

There are mages stood around apparently empowering red Defence Crystals. Others are maintaining a red forcefield over a part of the hub that's being pelted with projectiles from the sea. I swam out to see what was going on, but PTR is PTR. Four Zandalari mobs were swimming uselessly and then a Zandalari Combat Canoe came whizzing out of nowhere and landed at the shore. The whole effect is pretty cool to look at, though.

It has a great atmosphere. Projectiles hitting the area can do significant damage to you. There's no music (yet), all you can hear is thunder and cannon fire booming in the distance, and some ambience. That and the environment give it a very ominous feel.
    Last edited by mmoc0d440a836c; 2013-01-11 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    From the things we currently now, Horde story in 5.2 looks more interesting than the Alliance one.
    It was more interesting in 5.1 too.

Obviously they do, because they are about to be defeated permanently.
    Ya, the storyline has them being defeated, thats kinda how the game works; there's no goal in a game to end in a defeat. Besides its not nearly as bad a defeat as was handed to your fave undeads.

Hopefully the Blood Elves / Forsaken will succesfully use it against the Alliance. I imagine all the discussions on MMO-C about war crimes and mass mUrdUr.... ~~~
    What would be smart is to have agents blow up any plague wagons the Forsaken bring, inside their Horde bases, and liquify their force into a puddle of ooze, ultimately worth more than what they started out as
    Oh but that would be smart and too detrimental to the Horde bias.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Its a routine. Someone starts screaming about world domination and next thing we know is that he stands in some fortress guarded by conveniently-beatable patrol packs.
    Ouch, right in the immersion!
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zambooka View Post
    Not the OP but I thought I'd post some stuff that might be of interest to people not playing the PTR. Sorry for the big post.

Here's the entrance to the area, flanked by two Spellbreakers. The Kirin Tor symbols floating in the background are called Sunreaver Perimeter Wards and are clickable. Right clicking them 'charges' them, and right clicking a smaller symbol in the pedestals destroys them. Not sure what their purpose is yet and whether the models are currently placeholders on Horde side.

Rommath. Not sure if Halduron is around but I haven't found him.

This big guy is stood still on the bridges connecting the two areas that make up the hub. Level 90 elite, I believe.

There are several of these Sunreaver Mana Collectors lying around. Clicking them gives you a 60 second buff called Mana Flux which increases your haste by 30% and reduces resource cost of spells by 30%.

There are mages stood around apparently empowering red Defence Crystals. Others are maintaining a red forcefield over a part of the hub that's being pelted with projectiles from the sea. I swam out to see what was going on, but PTR is PTR. Four Zandalari mobs were swimming uselessly and then a Zandalari Combat Canoe came whizzing out of nowhere and landed at the shore. The whole effect is pretty cool to look at, though.

It has a great atmosphere. Projectiles hitting the area can do significant damage to you. There's no music (yet), all you can hear is thunder and cannon fire booming in the distance, and some ambience. That and the environment give it a very ominous feel.
    I love this.
    spellbreakers XD

Quote Originally Posted by Zambooka View Post
    where are dezco's baby-based crotch protectors?

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    the Eredar Twins, for all we know, were probably also incredibly formidable foes.
    plus, they were pretty sexy
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice that Aethas has made a new friend. I imagine his social life is in pretty poor straits after the purge.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Does this sound like a plan to trow the plague on dalaran, turning it into a flying city full of zombies?
    Sylvanas's plague doesn't turn people into Zombies. It melts them, destroys them. Anyone infected with this new plague melts, and therefor can't be raised by the Forsaken. It's a choice each time they use it, more Forsaken, or less casualties.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Mogu don't need such crude and unsophisticated weaponry as plague, that's something emo zombies use when fighting directly fails miserably for them, as it often does. This plague consultant is rather clear. Teach the blood elves how to handle forsaken plague.
    Ignoring the opinionated portion... mind you that it's not wrong, just phrased in a way that's hard to respond to... but the Plague Consultant isn't there to teach the Blood Elves how to handle the Forsaken plague, the two undead are likely there to introduce the Forsaken as the Horde's next major faction in the Pandarian Campaign.
    So far it's been Warrior-vs.-Warrior, now it's Mage-vs.-Mage, but Stealth-vs.-Stealth is harder to do in all out War. So I believe the next factions will be the Forsaken (Dark) vs. the Draenei (Light).
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.