[PvP] Holy paladin: New set bonus

Hey
    So we just got to know that our beloved 4 setbonus (Grants a Holy Power everytime we use a 3 Holy Power Word of Glory) got nerfed(?) to giving flash of light a holy power when cast.

So what do you think of this? Is it a nerf, or a buff?
    I got Beacon of Light macroed so I pretty much always have that on the target I heal, so FoL have always granted me HoPos (Except when I have to suddenly heal someone else in a hardswitch). Do you think it will then grant two holy powers when you heal someone with Beacon on? And wouldnt that be even more OP..?

Whats your thoughts about this?

- Nonslid
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Less EF blanketing, I hope. I really hate that mechanic, even though its good feels cheap just cause of the 4p.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    So what do you think of this? Is it a nerf, or a buff?
    There's a such thing as lateral changes. Not everything has to be a nerf or a buff, and you would do well to stop trying to categorize any change as one or the other just so you know whether or not you're supposed to be mad or happy.

The fact of the matter is that they don't want PvE holy pallies wearing PvP gear to heal as an intentional choice. The change is no surprise, we all knew it would get changed at some point, and involving it on Flash of Light is a good way to make sure holy paladins do not want to use it for PvE if they can help it but still keep it useful for PvP.

At least now there's no reason you have to macro Beacon to Flash of Light, since you'll now get the holy power anyway. You can now put it on someone else if you need and and still get the holy power too on top of the 50% heal transfer from beacon which you weren't getting before.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    There's a such thing as lateral changes. Not everything has to be a nerf or a buff, and you would do well to stop trying to categorize any change as one or the other just so you know whether or not you're supposed to be mad or happy.

The fact of the matter is that they don't want PvE holy pallies wearing PvP gear to heal as an intentional choice. The change is no surprise, we all knew it would get changed at some point, and involving it on Flash of Light is a good way to make sure holy paladins do not want to use it for PvE if they can help it but still keep it useful for PvP.

At least now there's no reason you have to macro Beacon to Flash of Light, since you'll now get the holy power anyway. You can now put it on someone else if you need and and still get the holy power too on top of the 50% heal transfer from beacon which you weren't getting before.
    Yeah true, but I still wonder if it will be a double holy power if I cast it on a beaconed target? Wouldnt that make it somewhat OP, and usefull in PvE?
    And I'm not trying to put it in the nerf or buff boot, so to speak. But trying to figure out how this will inpact us. And was trying to make a thread about it, not much respons though so I guess people aint all that interested in the change x] or they'll just wait for more info.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

It seems like a buff to PvP if it actually gives two HP when healing your Beacon target as EF and WoG are combo point spenders and Flash of Light is used steadily throughout the fight. But it doesn't encourage people to spam FoL or provide a bias towards using a particular talent in the EF branch. I don't know too much about pvp but as far as I know people will still tend to use Holy Shock on cooldown and with the buff to Flash of Light, there will typically only still be one FoL cast for each combo point dumper which is equivalent to the extra HP gained from the old PvP set upon using EF/WoG.

In PvE, I think the benefits of extra HP is far underneath the penalty of using Flash of Light. Perhaps occasionally, people will resort more to Flash of Light in panic situations but overall, I don't think people will turn to using it more in PvE as it's one if not the most inefficient fast-heal of all healing classes (vs Flash Heal, Regrowth, etc). I also don't see selfless healer being boosted by this move (which was probably not the intention anyways).
    Last edited by monikasun88; 2013-01-10 at 04:21 PM.

Yeah true, but I still wonder if it will be a double holy power if I cast it on a beaconed target?
    Why wouldn't it?

Wouldnt that make it somewhat OP, and usefull in PvE?
    We rarely cast Flash of Light in PvE. It's too expensive. Plus the 4 piece PvE bonus looks very good so it's not worth giving up for this one.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Why wouldn't it?

We rarely cast Flash of Light in PvE. It's too expensive. Plus the 4 piece PvE bonus looks very good so it's not worth giving up for this one.
    I never play holy in PvE, well sometimes but then mostly HCs as I only got PvP gear for it.
    Yeah by my math it kinda have to be like that, that beaconed targets generates two HoPo on each FoL. 1HS(1.5sec) 1HoPo+1FoL(1.5sec, as casting is 1.3sec on my I count it with the GCD) 3 HoPo = 3 seconds to build 3 HoPos with the new setbonus.
    With the current: 1HoPo by casting a WoG with 3 HoPo + HS(1.5sec) + FoL (1.5sec) = 3sec to build 3. So it pretty much stays unchanged, with the only change we dont have to change beacon everytime we trow out a FoL (atleast I do this with a macro)

10+ Year Old Account
    I never play holy in PvE, well sometimes but then mostly HCs as I only got PvP gear for it.
    Yeah by my math it kinda have to be like that, that beaconed targets generates two HoPo on each FoL. 1HS(1.5sec) 1HoPo+1FoL(1.5sec, as casting is 1.3sec on my I count it with the GCD) 3 HoPo = 3 seconds to build 3 HoPos with the new setbonus.
    With the current: 1HoPo by casting a WoG with 3 HoPo + HS(1.5sec) + FoL (1.5sec) = 3sec to build 3. So it pretty much stays unchanged, with the only change we dont have to change beacon everytime we trow out a FoL (atleast I do this with a macro)
    The change is the cost in mana. Current use of the set in pve didn't really use FoL except maybe emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    The change is the cost in mana. Current use of the set in pve didn't really use FoL except maybe emergencies.
    true, but I guess in full gear next season we wont realy have a huge mana problem? Well, time will show

Deleted
    As long as it doesn't effect pve, any change to the current one is good.

Will Selfless Healer be the way to go as holy now in PvP?

Selfless Healer now boosts Flash of Light by 20/40/60% (down from 33/66/100%), and can be activated by Holy Shock (in addition to Judgment).
    What are your thoughts?